Tom Henks Racing Series [Season 6 Finale results]

Race 1 is about to start! You can watch live here: THRS Season 2 - Round 1, Race 1/2 - YouTube

1 Like

Alright, race 1 is over! If you missed the stream, you can rewatch the VOD through the link above. These are the results and, of course, since this was only race 1 these are also the current overall standings:

Kenshiro, TCup and Gridghost making up the top 3 and they will likely be the ones battling it out for the overall victory. While Noodle’s and Adarol’s car seem not far off Gridghost it has to be said I wasn’t really satisfied with the lap I got with Gridghost’s car so I could have probably gotten a better time out of it but probably still behind TCup.

Still, next round is on the Toban Raceway (runoffs config) which is a very different circuit. The race will take place next Saturday at 6pm CET, so don’t miss it!

5 Likes

Today’s race is about to start. Can we get 5 likes on the stream? THRS Season 2 - Round 1, Race 2/2 - YouTube

Alright, race 2 has concluded and this brings us to the end of round 1. Here are the results, once again Kenshiro took an impressive victory and the top 3 remained unchanged from last time:

Due to the very different nature of this track, compared to the last one, a few of the following positions have been shuffled this time. Unfortunately for AndiD, he came last again so he’s out:

The remaining cars will be battling it out on Hirochi Long Circuit next Saturday at 6pm CET.

4 Likes

Yeah, I have JUST learned how to properly set up a mid-engined suspension setup. I’m still not the best with downforce, and my Cassowary shows it.

The stream is live, the first race in round 2 is about to start! Can we get 5 likes again today? THRS Season 2 - Round 2, Race 1/2 - YouTube

Alright everyone, the race is over! This time, everyone finished exactly in accordance with the previous overall standings, which of course means nothing changed:

While there were no surprises when it comes to the placing of the individual cars, what surprised me is the gaps between the cars. Other than the difference between the F&S and the Durendal, there was quite a bit of separation between the cars this time. The Aeon beat the F&S by over 2 seconds even though I didn’t manage to get a properly clean lap with it that I’d be happy with, and then the HFF beat the Aeon’s time by over 1 second. I was really impressed with the HFF until the Scarab came along, and so on and so forth.

But either way, while KenShiro reigns supreme at the top and the top 3 cars are probably not gonna change throughout the rest of the season, I have to say well done to everyone. This is certainly a season that tests my (still lacking) driver skill on closed race tracks, and it’s very satisfying when I manage to get it right and the reward is a fast lap time. All of these cars are very capable, and of course some are faster than others but most importantly I’m having fun and I hope so are you!

Next race is will take place next Saturday at the usual time of 6pm CET, and we will be racing on the Automation race track. See you then!

4 Likes

Race 2 in Round 2 is about to start! Watch live here: THRS Season 2 - Round 2, Race 2/2 - YouTube

can we continue the streak of 5+ likes per stream?

Alright everyone, the race is over! In case you missed it, you can rewatch it using the link in the post above.

There was one big surprise in this one, namely that technically, my car was actually the fastest around here although I had a minor error coming out of the final corner with Kenshiro’s car so it would have otherwise beaten my car.

Either way, these are the race results and the current overall standings after round 2:

Harmless unfortunately came last again, so he’s out. The remaining cars will be raced next Saturday at 6pm CET around the Nürburgring GP Circuit. I hope to see you there!

4 Likes

today’s race will start in 1 hour from now, at the Nürburgring GP circuit! This’ll be fun and probably quite challenging for me because I’m not super familiar with this track

due to technical issues, the stream was cancelled today. I will try to get it running (smoothly) tomorrow.

1 Like

ok everyone, today’s stream (which should have been held yesterday but was cancelled due to technical issues) is starting in 1 hour from now!

Alright, the race is about to start! Watch live here: THRS Season 2 - Round 3, Race 1/2 - YouTube

Alright, race 1 in round 3 has concluded! The results are pretty much as expected in terms of the placings, so the overall standings haven’t changed:

If you look at the relative times however, that’s where it gets a bit more interesting. The Durendal came close to catching the F&S, and the HFF Blackwidow almost beat the Scarab Cirrus which is a feat it hasn’t managed to do before. In the end, however, no surprises and KenShiro took yet another win. At this point with only 1 race remaining, we may see him remain undefeated this season.

Speaking of which, the next (and final) race is taking place next Saturday at 6pm CEST at Spa! Spa is definitely going to be an exciting track and I hope to see you all there to celebrate the end of the season.

2 Likes

The season finale is less than 24 hours away! I have a little surprise for everyone on this special occasion, and with the technical issues from last time resolved, we should be in for a great time! I hope to see you all on the stream tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The season finale will start in less than 1 hour from now! Don’t miss it because I have a little surprise planned this time :slight_smile:

The final race is about to start! Can we get to 10 likes today? THRS Season 2 - Round 3, Race 2/2 (season finale) - YouTube

Alright everyone, the season is officially over! The Tempus Magmobile GTTH by KenShiro managed to snag the final race victory as well, meaning it did a full clean sweep. Nothing surprising happened regarding the other positions, either, so here are the final standings of all cars (including the ones that went out in rounds 1 and 2):

This time around, for the season finale, I also ran the disqualified cars against the clock for 2 flying laps, and out of those cars, ImKaeR was clearly the fastest. His car posted a time of 2:23.359 which would have gotten him 3rd place. Pretty good, and close enough to the top that he may have potentially come 1st or 2nd in some of the earlier rounds, but we’ll never know.

Thank you to everyone who participated, and to all the viewers. The next season is currently in the testing phase, a basic ruleset is already done. I will try to finalize everything for Saturday in 2 weeks, aka 31st of December, so we can start the new year with a new racing season!

3 Likes

After two short weeks, I’m excited to bring you the next season! I hope you’ve had a good time over the Christmas holidays and you’ve had a chance to relax, because this season is going to be intense in its own way.

RULES:

Year (for everything): 1955
Body type: 2-door coupe or convertible
Body year: 1945-1955
Body and chassis materials: any
chassis type: monocoque or spaceframe
tech pool: +5 on everything
Quality points: -3 ~ +3 on everything

1. Engine:
  • Type: anything from I3-V12 allowed, no V16.
  • Displacement: up to 2000cc
  • Engine head: 2v/cyl, any head type
  • Fuel: Super Leaded (98RON)
  • minimum engine reliability: 45
2. Trim:
  • Drivetrain: RWD only
  • Gearbox: Manual only
  • Differential: Open Diff only
  • Tyres: Cross-ply tyres with Sports compound, up to 155mm wide
  • Wheels: up to 13" diameter, any material
  • Brakes: drum brakes only
  • Undertray: None
  • Cooling Airflow: 50+
  • must have 2 full seats
  • Safety: minimum safety of 30
  • Approximate cost: up to 15.000$
  • Minimum car weight: 900kg
3. Advanced Trim Settings:
  • changing Engine Sounds sliders is allowed
  • Engine Position X, Y and Z can be adjusted by anywhere from +5 to -5
  • No other changes are allowed in advanced trim settings
4. Aero:

since sports cars in the 50’s didn’t have aero, NO aero fixtures allowed this time. This means: no lips, no wings, no spoilers, no canards, no diffusors, no modular wings, etc. In other words, no fixtures that can produce downforce.

5. Submissions:

Submissions will be open from January 14th until January 21st, 6pm CEST. Of course, you can start building right away, but to minimize the chances of Automation game/balance updates messing with the cars after you send them in, the submissions window is condensed.

Please refer to paragraph 4 of the original post in this thread for how to submit your car.

Format:

• 3 rounds, 2 races each round for a total of 6 races
  • Points will be given to cars after every race
  • In case of a tie for 1st place after round 3, a deciding race will be held between the tied cars
  • The bottom 25% of cars after round 1 will be eliminated
  • The bottom 33% of remaining cars will be eliminated after round 2, so only the best cars proceed to round 3

After submissions close, my mods and I will thoroughly check each car to make sure it meets all the rules.

I will be making Top Trumps style cards again this season for every car, they will look something like this:

To ensure the car’s name fits on the card and remains readable, please don’t use excessively long car names. The power and weight figures will be taken from the Automation stats, the 0-100km/h time will be timed by me in BeamNG on the drag strip.

Race 1: Utah - Asphalt Hillclimb - January 28th, 6pm CEST
Race 2: East Coast - Asphalt Stage 1 - February 4th, 6pm CEST
Race 3: Jungle Rock Island - Hillclimb - February 11th, 6pm CEST
Race 4: Automation Hillclimb 1 - February 18th, 6pm CEST
Race 5: Jungle Rock Island - Peninsula Stage - February 25th, 6pm CEST
Race 6: Italy - Cliff Road - March 4th, 6pm CEST
(Tiebreaker if needed: Italy - Asphalt Hillclimb 2 Reverse)

Happy building, and happy new year everyone :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds like a good idea to me…

1 Like