Tom Henks Racing Series [Season 6 Finale results]

The 1992 H Motors 2.0i Challenge

208hp, 2000lbs, ready for comp!

2 Likes

is anyone going for anything other then group 1? kinda want to make something for b or c but idk if there would be anyone else in the class

I’ve gone for class C myself

If I have enough time to finish one, I have something to try for class B

My car is B-class, almost spot on 960 kgs :smiley:

1 Like

Rushed entry for Class B - The 1992 Epoch M30 in ‘Epoch racing green’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Over 216kW / 290HP from its 2.5L straight-6, however engineers were unable to reliably and cost-effectively reduce the weight as much as desired, so it exceeds the minimum by a good 60+kg - Hopefully the handling can make up for it!

4 Likes

1992 Miller Maple RA 2.0

Made for class A @THRS Season 4

Gallery

Stats

4 Likes

Submissions are now closed! I will try to get the cards done shortly, and the video of the first race should be done by next Saturday.

4 Likes

Alright everyone, I’m excited to introduce this season’s contenders. Of course, in the form of Top Trumps style cards again.

Let’s start with the only disqualified car in this season:

Now let’s get to the actual competitors. In total, there are 15 cars competing this time: 8 in A class, 4 in B class and 3 in C class. Of course, all cars in all 3 classes are competing against each other but I sorted them by class here to make it easier for everyone to keep track. Here are the 3 classes, in alphabetical order each time:

A Class:

B Class:

C Class:

12 Likes

The first race will premiere in 1 hour from now, at 6pm CEST

3 Likes

Alright everyone, the first race about to premiere! Watch here: THRS Season 4 - Round 1, Race 1/2 - YouTube

These are the results:

The Centuri takes a convincing win but places 2-5 are within less than 0.2 seconds, meaning it will certainly be a very interesting battle for the top positions over the course of this season.

As we have 15 competitors this season, 4 of them will be eliminated after the first round.

9 Likes

A little bit late because I was at work when race 2 went live, but here’s the video: THRS Season 4 - Round 1, Race 2/2 - YouTube

And these are the results in a table:

And these are the overall standings after race 2, not much has changed at the top but the places behind them have moved around a bit.

Since this was the second (and last) race of round 1, it means the bottom 4 cars got eliminated, meaning the remaining races will take place without them. The first race in Round 2 will hopefully (if things go according to plan) go up next Saturday. It will be on one of my absolute favorite tracks, Laguna Seca.

8 Likes

Today, the first race in round 2 will premiere. I’ll be here for chatting when it does, here’s the link so you can keep track of the countdown: THRS Season 4 - Round 2, Race 1/2 - YouTube

1 Like

Alright, the video is out, results are in! Here are the results for this race. Quite a bit of movement further down the stack, not so much happened at the top:

As for the overall standings, the top positions stayed unchanged.

This means TCup is now 6 points ahead of AndiD and it’s looking like these 2 will probably be the ones with a chance of winning overall. KenShiro, Minos and Gridghost all have theoretical chances but whether or not they can make up enough ground to overtake the top two overall remains to be seen.

Srbbent made up a lot of points compared to Armor Motors, now putting him in 8th position overall. If he manages to stay there after Road Atlanta, then he will make it into the final round. That would be quite an achievement considering the standings before Laguna Seca.

7 Likes

Quick update: Tomorrow’s race was supposed to take place at Road Atlanta. However, I haven’t had the chance to start hot lapping until earlier today. Due to the nature of Road Atlanta and how it doesn’t allow flying starts, making a mistake on a hot flying lap means every time I reset I have to complete a standing lap first before the flying lap starts (and god forbid I mess up again on the flying lap). Because of this, I made the decision to substitute Road Atlanta with Suzuka West. It’ll net about the same lap times or maybe a few seconds shorter, and has similar characteristics I’d say. I apologize for the inconveniences but I wanted to get this done by tomorrow as planned

Today’s race will premiere in 2 hours from now! It’s gonna be a good one so don’t miss it THRS Season 4 - Round 2, Race 2/2 - YouTube

This race was intense! There was definitely some shuffling around both on the lower and on the higher end of the table:

With these results, as you saw in the video, the Transom Menace and the Ganner Galahad were tied on points so they had an elimination battle around the other half of Suzuka, namely Suzuka East. The Transom Menace won that duel so it goes through, meaning that these are the overall standings after round 2:

The Centuri pretty much seals its the overall victory by winning for the 4th consecutive time, or at least it’s hard to imagine it losing 12 points to the Mara over the final 2 races. Positions 2-4 have opened up a bit though, due to the Mara falling behind both the ISN and Minos this time around. So while the Centuri’s overall win may already be pretty much guaranteed, the other spots on the podium certainly aren’t. Let’s see who makes the podium in the final 2 races!

5 Likes

The people have voted, more people have voted for head-to-head style videos for the remaining races in the season than for continuing to race each car individually. Today’s race is the first installment of that, after the introduction lap with my reference car of course. The video will premiere in just over an hour from now, here’s the link for the premiere: THRS Season 4 - Round 3, Race 1/2 - YouTube

The race has concluded, and once again the Centuri emerges victorious. I don’t really have much to say, there were no big surprises this time, except maybe the margin by which the Centuri won. Take a look:

Obviously, this means that the overall results remain pretty much unchanged too.

But because the Minos finished ahead of the ISN this time, there is a theoretical chance for the Minos to tie the ISN overall if it beats the ISN and either the Mara or the Scarab come in between the two. Then they’d go into a head to head race to determine 3rd place overall. We’ll see how it plays out in the season finale!

6 Likes

Just as a quick update (I mentioned this in Discord): I haven’t had any time this week to race the cars at Imola and make the video. So while for the most part, I’ve been pretty good at getting the videos out according to the schedule I set during the season announcement, I won’t be able to do so this time. But I should get everything done for next Saturday.

1 Like