TROL - Taking Racing Over Losing [FINISHED]

god I love how dogshit my car has been without being actually shit.

1 Like

any moment now guys

fact: 99% of challenge entries stop asking Djadania when the next round will be just before it’ll be next weekend for real guys

(no but honestly sorry, finishing school and havent been feeling well mentally)

well the delorean’t seems to be stable around 29th place

cant wait for me to absolutely fall off next round

1 Like

can we do hybrids next?

1 Like

Fastest of the D-Class cars, woot.

Also, I have been reading the comments in the spreadsheet but how was the turbo lag on the car? Since it’s an 80s turbocharged 1.3L making 130ish HP?

1 Like

Taking Racing Over Losing

Small Island USA - Djadania

(Took long enough)

ah shit, here we go again

On Small Island Usa, BetterDeals (@Djadania) leads the Winthrope Grounded (@pcmoreno) and the AT Moineau (@T0M), @ctesiphon’s Jackdaw sits in 4th with a surprise appearance from @Ananas’s Oran in 5th after a strong run.

The gap in front was less than a tenth, showing how incredibly close the competition is right now. I will say, I don’t doubt that the Grounded is in theory faster than the BetterDeals, but it’s wildly unstable and I already gave it a massive amount of runs just trying to set a reasonable time. Ease of driving would significantly help.

The POOPOD by @hjuugoo can’t make it’s way up the hill, and even if it could it doesn’t have enough grip to make it’s way through the chicane and offroad sections. This means the BetterDeals HPD Deluxe (@Djadania) finishes last, getting a big “points bag”.

This puts the AT Moineau tied with the BetterDeals on 296 points going into the final round, with the Winthrope Grounded sitting on 293.5 points in 3rd and Jackdaw with 293 points in 4th.
It’s going to be extremely close, to say the least. Only these 4 cars have a reasonable chance of winning anymore.

For last place, due to 2 DNFs in a row for the POOPOD, the other BetterDeals now sits in last by 1 point, forming a BetterSandwich.

Make sure to take a look at the full sheet!

Next up should be the final round, with the secret track being the original CCC oval. It’s all still very open.

9 Likes

First and Last? Absolutely Rigged

6 Likes

I can’t believe the car named Island Rally did well on the rally stage that’s on an island.

3 Likes

Definitely rigged! I demand one more round! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Taking Racing Over Losing

CCC Oval - Djadania

IT HAPPENED
BETTERSWEEP

On a few laps on the oval, BetterDeals (@Djadania) leads i skate (@LS_Swapped_Rx-7 ) and the AT Moineau (@T0M), with the Jackdaw and Grounded following in 4th and 5th.

4th and 5th simply lacked the consistency and low speed grip of the top 3, which is why they eventually lost out on a podium position.

i skate managed to somehow get 2nd, absolutely insane considering what it is, but it just has an insane amount of grip. If it was actually built to win, it could have actually won this round. Sad.

Unsurprisingly the POOPOD (@hjuugoo) got last. It was honestly a challenge to get it around the track in the first place, but I did manage it after a while. I swear we will do something to ban cars like this in the future because this thing will show up in my nightmares.

On another note, somehow the Tungsten Sforzo @TwistedUmbreon managed 45th, which from my knowledge is the highest ever placement of an L class car.

Now, the full results...

Unsurprisingly, the winning car after finishing first from a tie is the BetterDeals, the first ever win for them. The AT Moineau takes 2nd, and the Jackdaw takes 3rd.

Last place is a tie between the BetterDeals and POOPOD, but we never want to drive these damn things again so we just decided to keep it this way. They are both equally shit.

To be not rigged, we will give the Jordan to @T0M for finishing in 2nd. Please accept your prize when you can.

To the awards!

Mostly excluding the bottom 5 for obvious reasons

General Awards

LONGEST NAME
anyurism エクストラアルティメット FWD スーパータイムアタック ターボ ピナクル エクスプレッション Clone

SHORTEST NAME
henry Henry @ErenWithPizza

SMALLEST ENGINE
inferior goober Idontlikehills Goober (295cc) @JustARandomCrackhead

LARGEST ENGINE
loudmobile The Loudmobile? (16833cc) @Danicoptero

BEST PERFORMANCE RELATIVE TO P/W RATIO

gosling i skate (33 places, 50th p/w, 17th place) @LS_Swapped_Rx-7

WORST PERFORMANCE RELATIVE TO P/W RATIO
loudmobile The Loudmobile? (-49 places, 13th p/w, 59th place) @Danicoptero

SMALLEST GAP BETWEEN 2 CARS

winthorpe grounded Winthorpe Grounded and at moineau AT-Moineau at RSWats RallyX (0.005 seconds) @T0M @pcmoreno

LARGEST GAP BETWEEN 2 CARS EXCLUDING BOTTOM 5

loudmobile The Loudmobile? and hitler Hitler at Rockheap (5.652 seconds) @Danicoptero @BradTheInhaler420

Following are subjective.

Best Per Class

BEST IN F
stalin Stalin 1200 Kombi @Knugcab

BEST IN D
gosling i skate @LS_Swapped_Rx-7

BEST IN C
imprezzaru Imprezzaru EV2 @BradTheInhaler420

BEST IN B
the good betterdeals BetterDeals HPD Death II (RIGGED!!!) @Djadania

BEST IN A
winthorpe troll Winthrope Troll @pcmoreno

Worst Per Class

WORST IN F EXCLUDING BOTTOM 5

motorcycle behold a motorcycle @Danicoptero

WORST IN D EXCLUDING BOTTOM 5
truckol Truckol @Shimmel

WORST IN C
hitler Hitler @BradTheInhaler420

WORST IN B
fakkenute Forlden Falcodore @BiggE_Huggs

WORST IN A
loudmobile The Loudmobile? @Danicoptero

Best Overall

WORST OVERALL

kys I POOPOD MY PANTS SuperTrackDay Edition @hjuugoo

MOST AVERAGE OVERALL

yamanto Yamanto Okra TS @xsneakyxsimx

BEST OVERALL

at moineau AT Moineau @T0M

HONORABLE MENTION

stalin Stalin 1200 Kombi @Knugcab

TROL Complete, return to HQ

12 Likes

I wasn’t last, I’ll take that

2 Likes

Falcodore does as intended, I’ll take it XD

2 Likes

Most average overall… exceeding my wildest high school expectations right there.

1 Like

CHECKMATE, you told me you didn’t deduct me a point for my 3 invisible wings!!!

You know, the message of the POOPOD is really all about positivity and happiness. After having driven it, you gain an appreciation for how well all the other cars drive, you are reminded how much you sometimes take for granted, and that you should be grateful for all the other cars. So in reality, the POOPOD had a net positive impact.
(it didn’t lol, I was just trolling)
speaking of…

Troll complete, return to HQ

5 Likes

You may see being barely past mid-pack as a poor showing, but that’s a supreme victory for me! I was only aiming for halfway at best, and here I am one spot above that!!

2021234 the year of the lotto BAYBEE

3 Likes

Setting benchmarks is great. Three people with vehicles worse at racing than an honest-to-god tank.

4 Likes

I’d say 4, the Truckol is such a shitbox. The only reason it got a few “good” points was consistency and styling. Seriously, that was in competition for worst entry, for the simple reason that the steering literally does not work.

How the killrob did my dinky hatchback with low power and no brakes get it’s highest finish on the oval?

2 Likes

It’s a quarter mile oval, there is no time to hit any sort of reasonable top speed. Imagine one of those american tiny dirt ovals but made out of concrete yet somehow much more bumpy. I expected straight line speed to be more important but apparently it wasnt.

That and the gearing allowed me to rip it through the gears to always be at peak power.

2 Likes

Well, I didn’t get last sadly. However, I can rest easy knowing that my car achieved a lower style score than a box.

2 Likes