UE4 Exporter Update Discussion / Bugs

Tire width in the popup tool tip doesn’t match the width of the tire setting.

The max load of the tires can easily be lower than the max load rating plus the vehicles weight. Set to where it still has some drivability, select progressive or higher, preferably hydrodynamic.

With the cargo volume of the ute selected (10’s large sedan ute) I would have to fill it completely with stone, water of that volume would only take up half of the weight. Cargo volume does effect it, at a rate of about .5kg per liter, but at just over 3000L the load rating is over 5700kg

The frame type/material/quality doesn’t affect the max load.

My suggestion would be to have the load capacity set by the springs/spring type, but be capped by the tires/cargo volume/(frame type/quality/material)

edit: Heck if you tie utility more to the load capacity it would probably even give a better separation between heavy utility/delivery and the lower utility/delivery markets.

1 Like

I think this isn’t supposed to bend like that :smiley:

Intercooler to intake piping on a small displacement 60° V8

1 Like

Hmmmmmmmmmm…

I don’t see what the problem is…:rofl:

Delete your settings folder, use the game log button and move up one level.
%localappdata%\AutomationGame
that one. Then try again.

I don’t understand. You mean the folder named Config? What’s/where is the game log button?

The whole AutomationGame folder can be deleted. The launcher has the button.

Thanks, that worked. Sorry about the late reply.

Sorry about the double post, but it’s been almost a week.

These two variants of the same body from the newest update are listed as having different wheelbases when you hover over them but they actually do have the same wheelbase. The one I have selected has a wheelbase of 2.41m like the rest but the other is at 2.38m.

For avoiding duplicate fixtures and bodies, do I need to uinstall the mods that became vanilla?

2 Likes

Yes.

If the mod and vanilla ones are in the same “family” your cars using them will not change when removing the mods. If they’re in separate families, then you will lose things by removing the mods.

1 Like

Fixed

Found a bug with one of the new headlights:

Seems it could use an extra bone on the outside edge.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a few bugs in the latest update. I didn’t see these listed in this thread but I didn’t read through the entire thing so if this has already been noted, I apologize. The biggest issue I’ve been having is that the game seems to stall out on some loading screens, most often when going between the car list and car editor. It will just sit on the loading screen and spin forever until you kill the game from task manager. No disk usage, minimal CPU usage, it just seems to be stuck. If there are log files in the game folder somewhere I’d be happy to provide them if someone knows where they are hiding.

The other, less serious issue, is on the '05 Wagon/Coupe/Convertible body that looks like a Mustang. The Coupe body style of that family is limited to a 155 max width front tire, no matter how widely morphed the front wheel arches are. The Wagon and Convertible are unaffected.

On the bright side, at least it isn’t crashing every 5-10 mins since the hotfix.

Edit: Forgot one as well, On Turbo engines, the blow-off valve noise is sometimes extremely loud.

This seems like an error to me. I was processing one of the cars in the competition, a 377 horsepower GT-type car, and it has a stupidly low top speed. It doesn’t look like the governor setting was used. Can provide the .car via email or PM, but prefer not to post it publicly without the owner’s permission.

When you hover over the gearing slider, it has an estimated top speed of 149 and change, which I am much more likely to believe.

Edit: RobtheFiend had the right answer, actually. It was a user setting error on the aero tab, not a glitch. PEBCAK.

1 Like

How much downforce?

Its probably due to beam not working properly when you have a pretty low spec PC. Ive had this issue before, and its a real pain to deal with.

Please PM the .car file to me, I’ll have a look! This does indeed sound like something strange is going on.

When that happens next time indeed we would need your log file, you can get it via the Game Log button in the game’s launcher. Please send that to support@camshaftsoftware.com along with a brief description of the observed behavior. Cheers!

1 Like

I don’t have or use Beam. This is just straight up looking at the .car file in Automation itself.

Killrob, sending PM in a sec.

2 Likes