Vaughn corporation (1986-05 VCV Escapade)

I can admit that it was very much where I have drawn my inspiration to the Neapolitan model from. :rofl:

Overly geometric shape: :white_check_mark:
Loads of chrome: :white_check_mark:
Wheels being the only round elements: :white_check_mark:
Details that were conservative already in the 70s: :white_check_mark:
Whitewalls: :white_check_mark:
A weird mix of 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s tech: :white_check_mark:
B R O W N: :white_check_mark:

Can’t be more malaise, I guess :smiley: I like the fastback shape, odd exhaust and the idea of the BOF generation quirk. Do you have a defined lineup for Wraith? Like, is that their entry-level model, or the midrange option or sth?

2 Likes

The Neapolitan is the entry level model, until the Torrevieja arrives for the 1982 model year. (See LHC4 thread for more info, haven’t posted info here yet since I don’t want to spam all of the board with it at one time). Now, since Wraith is the luxury car brand, it is more or less the size that makes it entry level.

3 Likes

I’m getting a lot of Pontiac vibes from Vaughn

Also I now see how my old Walton logo could’ve cause confusion now that I see the Wraith badge

2 Likes

Your recent interiors seem to be influenced by my latest builds, and its actually an honor being seen as inspiration, especially if it’s “copied” with good quality.

Honestly speaking, I can’t say that I have been looking at them much in detail lately, however, looking at some of your earlier interiors (how you had done them, not the actual styling per se) influenced me a lot when it came to stepping up my interior game, so I can understand why they end up a bit similar, you have indirectly been one of my largest inspiration sources after all.

Oh, this was not meant offensive at all, my apologies if it sounded like an accusation - now that you said you didn’t look at them lately, it’s obvious that some dashboards lead you to a certain way to use them - and since we prepared quite similar vehicles for LHC, it’s not surprising that they do have some resemblance.
I used those HVAC controls the Neapolitan has a lot for my 60s/early 70s cars, however, I think they’re the only ones suiting for these cars.

As your cars have reached an impressive quality (I’d say you are definitely at my level, which I evaluate 7,5/10) I can only suggest one more time to share them for BeamNG, where all the effort in interiors actually pays off.

Nah, I didn’t take it that way. :slight_smile:

I don’t know how to share cars for Beam unfortunately, can I find some more info somewhere?

2005-2010 VAUGHN FIREBOLT

The fifth generation Firebolt was released for the 2005 model year. Technology wise it was hardly revolutionary - it was a transverse FWD platform with struts up front and torsion beam in the rear - just like it had been since the third gen was released in 1982.

Two body styles were available, a 4 door sedan, and this 2 door coupé.

Sportiest of all the models were the GTC version of the coupé, shown here. that offered frisky performance with its 176 hp 2.4 litre inline 4. More common were the models equipped with the more modest 2 litre engine.

Styling was trying to appeal to younger customers, with things like the clear taillight lenses, a fad popular in the era. The GTC further enhanced this with 17 inch alloy wheels and spoilers front and rear

However, inside its economy car roots were rather clear even in the GTC. At least you got a leather steering wheel and gearknob.

Still, the interior was more functional and practical than exciting.

The 4 seater layout used in the coupé somewhat improved comfort in the cramped back seat, at the expense of practicality.

The fifth generation Firebolt was produced until the 2010 model year.

9 Likes

Giving off a g6 vibe

2018-> VCV VERNALIA

Traditionally, SUVs have mostly been uncer the VCV brand. So even the Vernalia crossover, introduced in 2010, despite hardly being a commercial vehicle.

The second generation Vernalia was introduced for the 2018 model year, and by 2023 it is still in production.

It is built on a transverse engined platform, with front wheel drive or optional AWD. Two turbocharged engines are available, 1.5 or 2.0 litres, and only one transmission, a 9 speed automatic.

(It won’t win any beauty contests, but it is at least my best “modern” design this far, which won’t say much)

3 Likes

2016-> VCV MAURICIAN

Currently having the notch above the Vernalia, the Maurician was introduced for the 2007 model year. Still, it was passenger car like in its construction, with a transverse engine and unibody design.

Still being in production, the second generation was introduced for 2016.

It is available with front wheel drive or optional all wheel drive. The transmission the first years was a 6 speed auto, later replaced with a 9 speed. Three engines are available, 4 cylinders with a 2 litre (turbo) or 2.5 litre (N/A) displacement, as well as a 3.6 litre V6.

It can be had with 2 or 3 seat rows. The 3 row model is available in a 6 seater configuration, as well as 7, depending on the choice of bench or bucket middle seats.

3 Likes

1968-72 VAUGHN CHAMPION

After being built on the full size platform from the El Mirage for some years, the Champion personal luxury coupé was moved to the smaller midsize platform from the Endura for the 1968 model year.

The overhangs, however, were increased by a fair amount to give the impression of a larger car than the Endura.

Hardly any panels were the same on the outside - but it shared the windshield and most of the underlying body structure, as well as the frame.

As the luxury car it tried to be, it had lots of equipment already as standard, such as the vinyl roof, hidden headlamps and faux wire wheel hubcaps. Base engine was a 400 cubic inch V8, with an optional 455. It could be had with a 3 speed auto as well as 3- or 4-speed manuals.

On the inside, it looked very much as a plush version of the Champion, though, but featured standard equipment like velour upholstery (optional leather shown) and genuine wood inserts in doors, dashboard and console, as well as a wooden steering wheel.

The third generation Champion was produced until 1972, with the next generation also being built on the revised platform from the Endura from 1973 on.

5 Likes

Downsizing before the crisis? Blasphemous :wink: The rear end design is awesome.

And yes
it is a heavlily modified version of this
my entry for JOC2C. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

1992-99 VAUGHN EL MIRAGE

The El Mirage had been Vaughn’s full size offering since 1958. In 1987, the RWD, full size, BOF model was renamed the “Grand Mirage” while a somewhat downsized, FWD El Mirage was released.

In 1992, the second generation of the front wheel drive El Mirage was released. From having a rather conservative shape, the new generation got a more aerodynamic, “jellymould” shape that was modern at the time.

Like the previous model, it was available in three trim levels, the most basic “STS”, the more luxurious “LTS” and the performance “GTS” version.

The driveline was always the Wraith derived 3.8 litre all aluminium pushrod V8, released for their FWD models in 1980, mated to a 4 speed automatic. However, in the GTS it recieved a supercharger * and the transaxle recieved a limited slip differential.

(* = turbo ATM as a placeholder since it seems like the supercharger update in the game will come somewhat soon now)

Other things that was proof of a GTS: 16 inch wheels, a trunklid with an integrated spoiler, quad exhaust pipes and fog lights up front.

Since the El Mirage was one of the top of the line offerings from Vaughn, not even the entry level “STS” was a stripper, but the LTS and GTS versions were even more luxurious inside.

It featured some rather advanced technology for the time, like an electronic climate control, CD player, digital instrumentation and dual airbags.

Leather upholstery was standard in the LTS and GTS, while the STS offered velour. Colour keyed plastics were standard in all models, though.

This generation of El Mirage was produced until the 1999 model year.

9 Likes

I see a familiar theme :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Me too, but I didn’t notice it until today :laughing:

2 Likes

Your interior designs are really great.

2 Likes

V8 or V6?