Oreology's Viettor & Rusa

Seoul, South Korea, Winter 2024.
QFC43
A car with soul.
A young and newly well-off couple wants a premium car that is comfortable and prestigious.

Co-hosted with @iivansmith

Minho Park is a newly successful up-and-coming lawyer whose law firm has started gaining traction. His lower-class upbringing and extreme work ethic has gotten him to where he is today, and imbued in him a sense of financial prudence. He grew up with his father, who was able to afford a small light sports car that he has obsessively taken care of. Like father like son, Minho loved driving it and learned to appreciate what sporty driving dynamics mean.

Eunji Lee is an architect and interior designer who’s been steadily gaining more and more high-value projects. Her privileged upbringing comes with a wide network and rich friends - including a taste of the finer things in life and a need to keep up socially. Eunji would need the car to be easy to drive to different project sites and practical enough to carry her friends when going out.

They both regularly use public transport currently, but feel the need of a private vehicle due to the increased need of sudden client meetings or project site visits, some of which are far away from public transport or outside the city. Eunji’s friends have also started to buy their own cars, and the couple would like their own as well now that they can afford one. Although Eunji mainly wanted a car that was comfortable and prestigious, Minho wanted one with character, not just another soul-less appliance that got you from point A to B. He knew it would be hard to find a sporty car that is both practical and comfortable in this day and age, but he would really appreciate it if the car has nice and sporty driving dynamics.

:star: :star: :star:

Drivability

Both Minho and Eunji will need to drive the car every day to meet with clients, visit project sites or the occasional late night outing with friends. They want it to be easy to drive in any scenario - narrow city streets, congested traffic, tight parking spots, and highway cruising.

Comfort

They both are willing to pay a premium for much better comfort, and will use the car very frequently - sometimes in traffic, sometimes out of the city, and would like it to be a very comfortable place to be in.

Prestige

Social status and image are important things everywhere, especially in Korea. Eunji would like to show she can keep up with her friends whilst Minho figured it might help his career image as well.

Safety

They would appreciate good active and passive safety features and not have to think about being unsafe.

:star: :star:

Design & Styling

Both of them would really appreciate a well-designed car that looks expensive and classy and not some crazy aggressive over-designed cheap-looking appliance.

Reliability

With extremely hectic schedules, they both really do not want to deal with any issues at all.

Sportiness

Minho would really appreciate if the car had the driving dynamics he once loved in his father’s sports car.

Practicality

Eunji needs to haul her co-workers, clients, and friends around quite frequently.

:star:

Fuel Economy

They would rather spend the money on other things such as good food and soju.

Service Costs

They are willing to maintain it well, but keep it reasonable.

Rules

We are designing and making a car for the 2024 year, but we will use Automation’s 2020 year.

• Model & Trim Year: 2020
  • Engine & Variant Year: 2020
  • Max Wheelbase: 2.7m or below.
  • Body Styles: Sedans, crossovers, wagons, hatchbacks, small SUVs.
  • Fuel Type: 91 RON preferred, 95 RON allowed.
  • Seats: At least 4 seats.
  • Tyres: Non-race radials ending in 5.
  • Emissions: WES11
  • Max Loudness: 40
  • Max Budget: $30,000
  • Minimum Quality: 0
  • Techpool: $45M, Combined
  • Minimum Techpool: 5

(The default techpool of +5 everywhere gives a combined $26.36M. An additional $18.64M should be plenty enough for individual brands to specialize in their particular expertise and bring costs down to match the budget. However, you are not forced to use the techpool if you choose not to - you can keep it at 5.)

Remember this is for a premium car, not a luxury one.

Submissions
  • Model and Family names: QFC42 - forum username
  • Trim and Variant Names: Free
  • A forum post ad on this thread is required, showing at least one picture of your entry.
  • All submissions must be sent in via DM to @Oreology.
  • Submissions open on March 30, 2024.
  • Submissions close on April 11, 2024.
  • No re-submissions!
Changelog & Notes

The priorities above should counter-act each other, and a well balanced car should do well enough. They are not looking for a luxury car, just a more premium and sportier option to a typical utilitarian car such as a Toyota or Honda. The one-star priorities are still important, although those in the two-star category take slight precedence.

• First Post
Inspirations
8 Likes
Gallery
44 Likes

Master of detail! Amazing car and very inspiring design. Very well done, looking forward to seeing the next model of the brand :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like

It reminds me of an Alfa 8C and a GMA T.50 - an intoxicating application of modern design cues to an older body. If you applied this philosophy to a larger car powered by a normally aspirated V8, V10 or V12, I would expect the results to be even more stunning.

1 Like

Hi guys! Thanks for the kind words, really appreciate it! And yup I can see Vienne’s resemblance to the Alfa 8C and GMA T.50, but actually my main inspiration was the DeTomaso P72 haha, sort of that retro-modern style which I thought was kinda interesting.

Vienne’s design goal was just a super light and super small car (kinda the most basic/analogue sports car) haha, but yeah maybe (someday) I will do another retro-modern style with a higher output and larger engine!

3 Likes
Gallery
25 Likes

If the four-cylinder Vienne is the appetizer, the Vescaya, with its monstrous V12, is the main course. If anything, it’s even more of a retro-futuristic showcase in minimalism on the outside, with its clean upper surface. I suspect you used the Valkyrie-esque body as a base, but the Vienne was built on one of the 50s/60s prototype bodies instead.

And with such a huge gap in performance between them, there should be plenty of room for an intermediate model or two - they could be powered by 6- or 8-cylinder engines.

2 Likes

Simply stunning, with some interesting tech inside and impressive stats.

3 Likes

This is one the closest thing I could imagine as an Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale hommage. Awesome level of detail, great specs combination (love the N/A boxer 4 choice)… Makes you wanna drive it.

2 Likes

Here I go again ahahhahahaha Dude, u’re killing it!! This well shows how far Automation has gone. I’d just want to jump straight into the game and going insane creating something similar which surely won’t come out as good as yours :sweat_smile: . Really inspiring work

2 Likes
Gallery
35 Likes

How long did it take? It’s actually a masterpiece.

2 Likes

An absolute masterclass of design. Gorgeous as per usual man

1 Like

A masterpiece of engineering, design and passion

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the kind words everyone, really appreciate it!

So these cars probably take around a month each maybe? I usually start off with a basic idea/concept and then do first iteration, and then just keep iterating and adding detail until it looks kinda “right” I guess? For Vesselia I reworked the exterior design maybe twice and interior three times.

Yet another stunner from Viettor - the Vesselia is a proper grand tourer through and through. It would be even better with proper sports compound tires, though, and an RWD version with a detuned N/A version of the Vescaya’s V12 would be an ideal stepping stone from the V10 model to the flagship. On top of that, a convertible variant would also be a great addition to the range.

And judging by the proportions, I have a hunch that the Vesselia is built on one of the '56 Swinger body sets.

1 Like

Damn, stats are just about as impressive as the styling. I really like the choice of a relatively small, high revving V10.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what McLaren chose for the Solus, and De Tomaso will do the same with its P900 (although the latter will have a V12 option later on). It also reminds me of GMA and its small V12 displacing less than 4.0 liters.

1 Like

I just saw a picture of Veiona on Discord and now I’m pretty sure that Oreo woke up one morning and decided to become the best builder there is.

Keep it up, you’re absolutely killing it.

1 Like
Gallery
Earlier Concepts:
47 Likes