VTR (Returning to the garage....)

SEVERO II
It returned. Stronger than ever.

If a good idea worked out the first time, why not do it again? After all, every good movie has a sequel, right?
Sure, there are exceptions to the rule - not every good movie had a continuation. But we are an exception of the exception, so we decided to keep our muscle car alive and give it the sequel it deserves.

THIS is the second generation of the classic Severo.

Like most movie sequels, there’s always someone who didn’t see the first movie, so they have to keep newcomers aware of the context of events. The second generation focused its design on some of the features that were in the last generation car, like for example: the hood scoop, dual central foglights, classic 5-spoke black wheels, side sticker, rear wing and dual two-point exausts.
The body also shares some characteristics of the last generation, specially the front lips and side skirts.

And of course, the car’s performance had to be updated. Unlike the last generation, this car has a turbocharged engine with slight less displacement. It maintains the 6-speed manual transmission and had a few adjustments in handling due to the new powertrain.

The brakes and tires were improved, suspension is now stiffer to avoid excessive body roll and the tires had to be redesigned to help keep the car under control.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

During initial testing, the front tires used had the same width as the last generation (260 mm) but it proved ineffective in terms of drivability as the car continuously lost control in corners due to excessive oversteer. Because of this, the front tires had to be narrowed to 235 mm and this helped keep the car more controllable and balanced in both drivability and sportiness departments (90.2% drivability / 91.4% sportiness with 235 mm front and 290 mm rear in current setting).

240 mm front tires were also used during testing but they made the sportiness percentage climb up to 93.4%, which made the car more prone to oversteer. Because of this, WE HIGHLY ADVISE NOT TO USE FRONT TIRES WITH WIDTH GREATER THAN 235 mm TO AVOID RISKS OF ACCIDENTS SHOULD THE CAR LOSE CONTROL OR THE DRIVER HAS NOT ENOUGH DRIVING EXPERIENCE TO ACT IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION.

VEHICLE STATS

1. BODY
    2 door coupe
    AHS steel monocoque chassis with aluminium panels

2. POWERTRAIN
    Turbocharged front longitudinal 4090 cc 90º V8 multipoint EFI engine
    RWD
    6-speed manual transmission
    Max power: 550 hp @ 7600 rpm
    Max torque: 696 Nm (513 ft.lb) @ 4000 rpm
    Redline: 8000 rpm

3. HANDLING
    Sports tires, 21’’, F: 235/35R21, R: 290/25R21
    Brakes: F: vented, 4 pistons, 365 mm; R: vented, 3 pistons, 325 mm
    Suspension: double wishbone front and rear
    Weight: 2042 kg (4501 lbs)
    Top speed: 350 km/h (217 mph)
    0 - 100 km/h: 4,8 s
    Automation Test Track time: 2:10.62

Price: $ 68.900

VTR MOTORS
PERFORMANCE. ENTHUSIASM. LIFESTYLE.
5 Likes

The styling of this car is reminiscent of a muscle car. This car is more expensive than the Ford Mustang with its $51,000 price tag, and is already matching the sporty Jaguar. Probably, you have just sounded total game cost, whereas it is necessary to refer to cost of materials and cost of labour shifts, needs of a factory.
But that doesn’t discourage potential buyers, because someone is more likely to want to play with the car rather than race it on the track. I feel you are good at assembling cars, especially together with the electronic systems the car becomes fully refined and safe, including for pedestrians, the car reflects the modern view on transport.

LINE-UP AND CAR TYPE UPDATE

On October 24, a new car from VTR Motors was presented at the Sports/Supercar Design Thread. In case some of you missed it, the car in question is the inauguration of a new car type in the company.

Presenting the brand-new VTR HRB7 and the new SPECIAL/CUSTOM cars that will join the company’s forum. Details on the car type are in the company’s description at the beginning of the thread.

The HRB7 will be presented in all its detais as soon we present at least one car from each of the other car types.

VTR MOTORS
1 Like

It’s obviously built on the Z15A/Z16A GTO/3000GT body, but in what size? Is it the larger one with the 2.45m wheelbase, or the smaller one with the 2.22m wheelbase? In any case it looks a bit too much like a cast-off from the Fast and Furious series.

This one is the 2.22m wheelbase. It was originally intended to be a replica of the Hot Wheels’ 24/Seven, but since current fixtures won’t allow me to make an exact replica, i had to make it as close as I could.

I’m also working on a replica of the Rivited from Acceleracers but it’s hard to put a massive engine (7.0L according to official info on the cars) on a RWD manual car. It’s got 7.1% wheelspin at the moment and I’m doing what I can to make it more stable.

DESIGN UPDATE

In the past few days, there was a change in the design and engineering team of VTR Motors. And their first task was to make some changes in the designs of the first cars. Despite a few disagreements, both teams managed to cooperate and create an updated version of the Tempera SD, with the changes made in the Maintenance Record section at the end of that post.

With both teams working properly together now, the production of the company’s first supercar will finally continue.

3 Likes
CYCLONE GT
Time to storm the competition.

We’ve presented plenty of sports and performance cars for you guys, but now it’s time to play with the big kids. Now we joining the party of the super cars.
Development and design took a long while since this body was tricky to work on, but don’t underestimate our personnel - they ARE professionals.

Now we’re finally revealing the first of many more supercars to come!

Behold the brand-new VTR Cyclone GT. If you’re gonna play in a different league, you better be prepared for it, and we made sure you are. Out of the factory you get a car with a huge and powerful twin turbo V10, with carbon ceramic brakes, high quality semi slick tires, aero kit and a short throw 6-speed manual with the H-pattern guiding grooves, because those were cool back in the day.

To go along with the performance department, this car has to have style too. So, you get a nice set of LED headlights and DRLs, spoiler, aero kit with front lip, side skirts and carbon rear bumper, black piano spoiler and lots of carbon fiber with alcantara in the interior.

Now some of you might be asking: “Ok VTR Motors, this car has the engine, the performance and the looks, but why should I settle down with it when there’s plenty of cooler, faster, lighter supercars out there?”

We’re glad you asked. The answer is simple. “Infotainment system”. How many of those supercars have a radio that look like it was borrowed from a city car of the 90’s? With the infotainment systems of our cars, they can both operate as a radio as well as a real time auto data analyzer that provides all the information you need about your car if you ever decide to shred your enemies on the racetrack.

P.S.: Anyone can buy a supercar but money DOES NOT buy skill. This car has more than 700 horses going to the rear wheels so make sure that cavalry doesn’t run you over.

VEHICLE STATS

1. BODY
    2 door coupe
    Light AHS steel monocoque chassis with carbon fiber panels

2. POWERTRAIN
    Twin turbo mid longitudinal 5423 cc 90º V10 multipoint EFI engine
    RWD
    Max power: 738 hp @ 7500 rpm
    Max torque: 909 Nm (670 ft.lb) @ 4600 rpm
    Redline: 8900 rpm

3. HANDLING
    Semi slick tires, 20’’, F: 235/35R20, R: 300/25R20
    Brakes: F: carbon ceramic, 4 pistons, 370 mm; R: vented, 3 pistons, 320 mm
    Suspension: double wishbone front and rear
    Weight: 2333 kg (5143 lbs)
    Top speed: 381 km/h (236 mph)
    0 - 100 km/h: 4,0 s
    Automation Test Track time: 2:03.59

Price: $ 99.800

VTR MOTORS
5 Likes
NEW CAR IN DEVELOPMENT...

Photo166

A little peek of the car that’ll join us pretty soon… Stay tuned folks!

VTR MOTORS
2 Likes
THUNDER
Making more noise than Mother Nature.

The weather is closing. The once beautiful blue sky decided to change its mood and now rains its sadness on the earth. It cannot comprehend its own feelings so it releases it all in a mix of strong winds, eye-burning flashes of lights and the gigantic loudness of roar that feels like an earthquake in the air.

Little did Mother Nature know that no one would pay attention to her mixed signals - instead, something else caught their eyes. Something that could do all that without making others feel miserable.

That something was simply a car. That car was a thunder. The VTR Thunder.

Now you can do everything Mother Nature can and even a little more. No lightning shines brighter than your headlights and no winds are stronger than the stream you create when you pass by. And your car is so loud it’s become the definition of “thunder” in the dictionary. Yeah, it lives up to its name.

What super powers you gain to become stronger than nature? A naturally aspirated V12 with more than 700 mad stallions following your leadership, a 6-speed manual, carbon ceramic brakes, semi slick tires, strong aerodynamics to keep you powerful but safe and a high-tech infotainment system to play your favorite war musics. And LED lights, because those are cool. (and kind of mandatory according to our CEO)

This car comes with a start/stop system, a fully equipped gauge cluster with digital center screen, touchscreen infotainment system with dual zone A/C and a power window console with 5 buttons, from left to right: fuel cap opener, traction control, emergency lights, ride height controller and sport mode settings.

On the steering wheel, there are two red buttons, the start/stop (left) and the gauge cluster center screen (shown with three dots, on the right). This one lets you switch between the following screens in this order:

• Fuel and temperature (default)
  • Fuel consumption
  • Car status (such as low tire pressure, failures in electrical components; problems that compromise the car’s driving capability or safety are shown in the infotainment screen)
  • Driving range
  • Total driving hours or trip driving hours
  • Dashboard screen settings

Be advised that the headlights are toggled on or off in the four switches on the right of the steering wheel.

VEHICLE STATS

1. BODY
    2 door coupe
    Aluminium semi space frame with aluminium panels

2. POWERTRAIN
    Naturally aspiraded mid longitudinal 6496 cc 60º V12
    AWD
    Max power: 715 hp @ 8500 rpm
    Max torque: 722 Nm (532 ft.lb) @ 5900 rpm
    Redline: 8800 rpm

3. HANDLING
    Semi slick tires, 21", F: 230/40R21, R: 290/30R21
    Brakes: carbon ceramic, 3 pistons, 370 mm (F) / carbon ceramic, 2 pistons, 355 mm (R)
    Suspension: pushrod (F) / double wishbone (R)
    Weight: 1937 kg (4270 lbs)
    Top speed: 381 km/h (236 mph)
    0 - 100 km/h: 3,4 s

Automation Test Track time: 2:02.54

Price: $ 170.000

VTR MOTORS
3 Likes
SUSPENSION ISSUES AND NEW CARS
CEO's INFORMAL TALK

Hello car fans and car enthusiasts!
And non-car-religious people.

Long time and no news from us. I thought I’d use the updates post to give informal news from the company, talk about the cars I had in mind and also some other problems we’ve been having.

My idea was to announce the last two car classes of the company by early January 2022, the off-road and race cars. But like I said before, we’re primarly a company with focus on asphalt cars, and it kinda means making off-road cars is gonna be a challenge.

These three are the new off-road cars: OUTSIDER (white), FREEDOM (red) and DUSTORM (beige). But whats taking us so goddamn long to make them? Put it simply, suspension issues.

In my opinion, an off-road car has to be able to perform well on dirt, gravel etc, and in case of someone going full Dakar Rally on them, to withstand jumps and bumps without the suspension overreacting so much. What does that mean? It means the suspension has to absorb impacts without excessive bouncing (IMO), as that was happening during testing.

At the time of this post, these are the current setups for the suspensions of the cars. Even though by game stats the solid axle coil and axle leaf are the best for off-road, my problem with them is that they make the cars dangerously tall, and you can imagine how that would make it easy for a car to roll over, and that is NOT ideal.

The safest way we found to bypass the tall ride height was to use McPherson on front and either axle coil/leaf on the rear, so we could have the best off-road stats while keeping the car lower on the ground. But still, the front end was always bouncing a lot after jumps, while the rear managed to stay under control.

We’ve been testing in various tracks, like the dirt track of Belasco City Raceway, the big 8 and Wild West dirt track mod. We’ve also used the rally and off-road versions of the Hirochi Sunburst and the off-road Gavril H-Series, and we concluded that the H-Series had the ideal off-road performace we desired. But we’ll keep on trial and error until we find the best setup for them.

Who am I kidding..... Please help me.... :'(

RACE CARS

Now for the 2nd part of this update is the announcement of the brand-new race series, developed by our prestigious VTR Racing division. We were supposed to announce them in January too but we didn’t want to release them before the off-road cars were done. Currently, we’re working on 5 cars, with the designs subject to change.

Our race cars are:

Sportact 2KR

Alpha 3.2R
Spoiler: this one is a screamer

Tempera LMS

Of course we wouldn’t leave our golden boy out of the big league lol

Conquest R

XS-R Proto

We’ll try not to hold on to either one of the classes for too long so we can share them with our guys. That’s all for now folks. Stay safe!

VTR MOTORS
3 Likes
DUSTORM
Country rooooads, i'll take them ooooon....

Believe it or not, roads aren’t always made of asphalt (unfortunately…) nor are they always a flat surface. Just like life, it has twists and turns, ups and downs. But a rollercoaster also has those and can be even more fun.

Anyway, our point is - your beloved sports car is a little sissy who’s afraid of a little dirt, just like those damned ponies (Nissan Frontier commercial, brazilians know this - best commercial ever). So why not get a car that’ll handle those rollercoaster twists for you? Leave your sissy car in its comfort zone and explore the world with the ideal vehicle.

Yep, the VTR Dustorm is here folks.

Don’t worry about getting out of your comfort zone, we had to do it before you, and it was not easy. Designing a car for asphalt is pretty straightforward, but an off-road car? We had to get tips from those with years of experience on off-road driving to have an idea of where to start.

By working in partnership with Gavril and Hirochi, we managed to get an idea of how we expected our car to behave, not in hardcore levels of off-road raid rally but something to help you not get stuck in the next mud puddle you find.

If you ever decide to drive on your local unpaved roads, this car has everything to give you and your family a confortable time. Dual zone AC, touchscreen infotainment system, GPS navigation, radio and Bluetooth connection, AC vents for the rear passengers and more.

Need to carry lots of luggage? No problem - we got two spaces for that: a gigantic trunk with reinforced cloth cover so you won’t scratch your luggage and a reinforced roof with reinforced bars to put other stuff there. Elastic ropes to tie your luggage on the roof comes as standard.

VEHICLE STATS

1. BODY
    4 door truck
    AHS steel monocoque chassis with aluminium panels

2. POWERTRAIN
    Turbocharged front longitudinal 90º V6
    4108 cc direct injection
    AWD
    Max power: 465 hp @ 7300 rpm
    Max torque: 716 Nm (528 ft.lb)@ 3100 rpm
    Redline: 7700 rpm

3. HANDLING
    Chunky off-road tires, 24’’, F: 274/55R24, R: 3000/50R24
    Brakes: F: Vented discs, 4 pistons 420 mm; R: Vented discs, 3 pistons, 350 mm
    Suspension: F: Double wishbone; R: Solid axle leaf
    Weight: 2388 kg (5264 lbs)
    Top speed: 263 km/h (163 mph)
    0 - 100 km/h: 5,6 s

Automation test track time: 2:27.44
Price: $ 166.000

TEST DRIVE LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OlVHnuPWI3YqwRkUBKVgEOtlQVqihHdY/view?usp=sharing

Please give us a feedback on the car, we’d like to know what we can do to improve them!

VTR MOTORS
4 Likes
TESTING NEW CARS IN OPEN BETA
CEO's INFORMAL TALK

Hello car fans and car enthusiasts!
And non-car-religious people.

Once again, long time and no talk. You have no idea how emotionally draining college can be. Now imagine having to study for TWO colleges at the same time! I’m not kidding. My other college is an online one. WHY DID I AGREE TO THIS?!

ANYWAY…

I’ve been playing the open beta to check out the new changes to the game, and let me tell you… The cars you make in open beta are like, a thousand times better than the ones from the alpha. For starters, it feels like the cars now have downforce, brakes and tires do their job better and you can basically take that high speed corner at the automation test track without kissing the wall, which is a win in my opinion. In a nutshell, I’d say the cars feel more drivable.

Also, daytime running lights. DOUBLE WIN.

So I decided to play a little with what the open beta could offer and I came up with two brand new cars, just to show you that I’m still alive hehehe

Dont do computer science in college. Calculus is not fun.

TEMPERA II

“oh look, it’s the golden boy again” - some of you might be thinking, but you don’t complain about the Corvette having 8 friggin generations or the Fast & Furious franchise reaching its 10th (and hopefully last) movie so gimme a break. Like I said before, if an idea works, why not do it again?

Won’t get into many details but I can show you what’s changed over the Tempera SD.

A brand-new and bigger turbocharged inline 5, called the “Gen2 I5T”. 2796 cc of displacement, 573 Nm (422 ft.lb) of max torque @ 4800 rpm, 502 hp @ 7300 rpm with redline at 7500 rpm. Now this car is coupled with a DCT for a sportier feel and quicker shifts compared to the advanced automatic.

The car now has carbon fiber chassis and body panels so it’s 200 kg lighter than the Tempera SD. Top speed is 312 kph (195 mph) with 0-100 kph acceleration in 4.1 seconds. Suspension is a bit stiffer, AWD is still there and the brakes have become bigger and stronger to handle the new driving style of the car.

If you’re wondering why it’s slower than the SD it’s because aerodynamics work in the open beta, so the cars face more air resistance. Not kidding - in the alpha version, my 300 hp sedan managed to get to 302 kph. AUTOMATION LOGIC No. 1.

SEVERO III

Man, daytime running lights look so good, don’t they?

So this will be the final version of the Severo line-up. The coupe evolved to a sedan so now it’s your chance to make more people stain their pants. Thanks to the improved physics, I can make the Severo actually live up to its name. You’ll see what I mean.

A reworked powerhouse, built from scratch so our beloved muscle car can have a happy ending. This is the 5.0L twin turbo V8 called “SEV R3”. 4995 cc of displacement, 752 Nm (553 ft.lb) of torque @ 4100 rpm and 614 hp @ 7000 rpm, redlining at 7k rpm too. Just like the Tempera II, the chassis and body panels are both made of carbon fiber. Compared to the last generation, this car is 500 kg lighter, now weighting 1572 kg (3465 lbs).
AUTOMATION LOGIC No.2.

The engine is tied to a 7-speed DCT, capable of a 0-100 kph sprint in 3.6 seconds - a massive gain compared to the last generation. Top speed is 329 kph (205 mph). I guess we can agree these are more reasonable performance numbers, since the last Severo was HEAVIER, WEAKER, HAD WORSE ACCELERATION and still had supercar-level top speed.
AUTOMATION LOGIC No. 3.

Suspension components are reworked. Springs and dampers are stiffer than the last generation, brakes are bigger and made of carbon ceramics and tires are higher quality material, offering more grip.

So yeah, basically, my next step is recreating or improving my 700+ hours of work in the open beta. Haven’t seen many interior mods yet so I won’t even bother making an interior desing for now. And with these changes in the open beta, this means the race cars can finally happen.

That’s it for now. Take care and see you on the road!

VTR MOTORS
5 Likes

In real life, it makes no economic sense for a car with the size and body style of the Tempera to have a full carbon-fiber chassis and bodywork - and this is also true of the Severo. I can’t argue with the resulting performance improvements, though.

Actually, there are now plenty of vanilla 3D interior fixtures that you can use to simulate a fully detailed interior - and some of these started out as mods in earlier game builds. Also, there will be more interior mods for 4.27 as time passes.

1 Like

yeah, i discovered today that they were hidden in the “interior 3D” section
back to interior design again :smile:

true, IRL the economic argument makes sense but since i’ve made the Tempera and the Severo over and over again, I thought I’d give them a “limited run final edition” or something, just to get rid of the aluminium panels.

PANTERA RC1
Pioneer of true racing potential

The time has come. At last, RACE CARS!

All we needed was a little change in the rules of automation physics so these guys could actually work. It’s not fun for the driver to tackle a 250 kph+ wide corner only to realise that for some reason downforce was turned off. And it’s not fun (or cheap) for us, car designers/engineers to see our prototypes get destroyed over and over again because physics betrayed us.

So yeah, our first race car. After lots of testing, it’s ready for the big league. The Pantera RC1 was developed in cooperation with Cougar from Raceroom’s Silhouette Race Series to build a powerful, relatively lightweight, high performance hatchback.
The result: an incredibly easy to drive racecar.

Chassis and panels are made entirely out of carbon fiber. Interior is equipped with the bare minimum you need for racing and by that we mean an empty interior and some items. Nothing more than a race seat, roll cage, lots of buttons, race steering wheel, dashboard, a fire extiguinsher and a reinforced chassis to protect you from your own mistakes. You’re welcome.

And under the hood, you get a high revving turbocharged inline 4, built with high quality materials so you can rev it to 9500 rpm. And to make it more interesting, it’s got a 6-speed manual - just to keep you on your highest alert at all times while driving this thing.

VEHICLE STATS

1. BODY
    3 door hatchback
    carbon fiber body and panels

2. POWERTRAIN
    Turbocharged front longitudinal inline 4
    2300 cc direct injection
    RWD
    Max power: 456 hp @ 9300 rpm
    Max torque: 458 Nm (338 ft.lb) @ 5500 rpm
    Redline: 9500 rpm

3. HANDLING
    Semi slick tires, 19’’, F: 225/40R19, R: 265/35R19
    Brakes: F: carbon ceramic, 4 pistons 350 mm; R: carbon ceramic, 2 pistons, 300 mm
    Suspension: double wishbone (F/R)
    Weight: 1030 kg (2270 lbs)
    Top speed: 324 km/h (201 mph)
    0 - 100 km/h: 4,1 s

Automation test track time: 1:58.80
Price: $ 276000

TEST DRIVE LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BWXiUY0cQ7yyt3QqQlOmmnzoHJ6yJjvQ/view?usp=sharing

VTR MOTORS
4 Likes
EPSILON 3.2R
Naturally aspirated madness

Ah, the 80’s and 90’s… what a time to be alive. A time of CRAZINESS!

In the 80’s you witnessed what was basically the free-for-all of cars: almost no power limitations, you could do whatever crazy ideas you wanted and bend the rules in any way that gave you the edge of the competition. Huge wings, twin charged engines, 500+ horses, AWD et cetera. Also, suicidal photographers who put their lifes on the line just so they could get the best shot of the car that was inches away from ripping his legs off.

And in the 90’s we had flying cars. Yep, the engineers were maybe a LIIIITTLE TOO creative.

So we decided to play along with this mad time period and came up with a madness of our own: the Epsilon 3.2R.

One of the highlights of the 90’s was a car that was bullcrapping its way to victory. A screaming V6 engine tied to an AWD drivetrain and a relatively light body made that italian racer an absolute monster for the time. So we thought “why not make it crazier?”

Inspired by that madness, this car has a stronger and more powerful V6 that redlines at 11000 rpm. Yes, you read that right. 11000 rpm. Your mama’s VTEC Civic can’t go that far. Don’t believe us?

This engine has the codename “3.2NAR-HR” which stands for Naturally Aspirated Racer - High Revver. 545 hp at 10500 rpm and 400 Nm of torque at 8000 rpm. And thanks to its carbon fiber chassis and panels, the car can go from 0 to 100 in 3.3 seconds; maybe less depending on the weather conditions and the driver. Perfect to help you recover from your mistakes.

Here you have the essentials of a race car: roll cage, alcantara bucket seat, digital race screen, multifunctional center console commands and a fire extinguisher. In the powertrain department, you have a 7-speed sequential transmission, a powerful V6 and an AWD drivetrain.

In the handling aspect, you have race tuned traction control and ABS, carbon ceramic brakes on all wheels, race aero, and +10 quality semi slick tires, providing a 20 meter cornering capability of 1.32 g.

VEHICLE STATS

1. BODY
    4 door sedan
    carbon fiber body and panels

2. POWERTRAIN
    NA front longitudinal 60º V6
    3196 cc multi point EFI
    AWD
    7-speed sequential transmission
    Max power: 545 hp @ 10500 rpm
    Max torque: 400 Nm (295 ft.lb) @ 8000 rpm
    Redline: 11000 rpm

3. HANDLING
    Semi slick tires, 20’’, F: 225/30R29, R: 265/25R20
    Brakes: F: carbon ceramic, 4 pistons 350 mm; R: carbon ceramic, 2 pistons, 300 mm
    Suspension: double wishbone (F) / multilink (R)
    Weight: 1092 kg (2408 lbs)
    Top speed: 349 km/h (217 mph)
    0 - 100 km/h: 3,3 s

Automation test track time: 1:55.16
Price: $ 604000

TEST DRIVE LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yJgP9Q7_vDvWvabBUFh5FkuiYBp2yfjB/view?usp=sharing

VTR MOTORS
3 Likes
SPORTACT CC
Free as the wind

Sunny weekend. Sunglasses on. Radio in your favorite station and with a push of a button, you get to behold the beautiful blue skies above you. What better way to enjoy the best road trip of your life than in a easy, fun convertible?

The first convertible of VTR Motors. Now, while the name “Sportact” was already presented a while back, the body used then did not meet our expectations of visual appeal, so it had to be discarded.

As with all sports cars from VTR, this one is meant to provide a relaxed and confortable drive. Despite having a turbo that delivers 1.2 bar (17.4 psi) of boost, it won’t kick in until 3000 rpm, so you can spent most of your time cruising on the highway and only get that extra power when you overtake.

This car is powered by a 2.0L turbo inline 4, linked to a 6 speed manual, as standard in most VTR cars. It’s also RWD and equipped with leather detais on the dashboard, doors and leather seats. It also has a touch screen infotainment system with Android Auto. Between the seats, there’s a storage area for your belongings and other stuff.

In the test drive section, a top down version of the Sportact will be available to download.

VEHICLE STATS

1. BODY
    2 door convertible
    light AHS steel monocoque chassis with aluminium panels

2. POWERTRAIN
    Turbocharged front longitudinal inline 4
    1997 cc direct injection
    RWD
    Max power: 288 hp @ 7000 rpm
    Max torque: 340 Nm (250 ft.lb) @ 4000 rpm
    Redline: 7000 rpm

3. HANDLING
    Sport tires, 19’’, F: 210/40R19, R: 255/35R19
    Brakes: F: vented discs, 3 pistons 355 mm; R: vented discs, 2 pistons, 315 mm
    Weight: 1253 kg (2762 lbs)
    Top speed: 286 km/h (177 mph)
    0 - 100 km/h: 6 s

Automation test track time: 2:12.61
Price: $ 63800

TEST DRIVE LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19AeuSy3O5rrogQDMSzlOcLImGSn9gvQd/view?usp=sharing (open top version)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gz3UViHLREjlpBRdYGOB0rWLsaL6w57Y/view?usp=sharing (closed top version)

VTR MOTORS
5 Likes
TEMPERA II
The 5-cylinder supremacy

OK, I think this post is gonna be a long one, so I’m going to focus on the important parts here. You’re all familiar with the Tempera: VTR’s golden boy, as evey manufacturer has a car that they’re mostly known for. This car was first announced in March 2021 back when the company had identity crisis and 4 months later, it was revived with a new look: the Tempera SD. But because of this thing called “AUTOMATION LOGIC” back then, it was unnecessarily heavy and had questionable performance numbers.

In May 4 2022, the second generation prototype was announced along with the physics changes in the open beta. Now it had desirable performance. And today, the golden boy will show all the special treatments it got. Technically two now - since the third treatment is in development.

TEMPERA RSD2

The first special treatment is the change in design and performance from the prototype. New head and tailights, new wheels, spoiler and aero kit. The tradicional panoramic sunroof from the first Tempera SD is still here and it’s got a discreet center exaust.

In the performance department, carbon ceramic brakes on all wheels, track-day focused suspension and dampers, +10 quality sport tires and ESC + LC driver aids.

The Gen2-I5T engine from the prototype got a performance upgrade, now redlining at 8000 rpm, higher compression rate and a 1.4 bar smart boost turbo. Now it has 566 hp @ 7600 rpm and 602 Nm (444 ft.lb) of torque @ 5200 rpm. This all translates in a new top speed of 337 km/h (211 mph) and a 0-100 acceleraion in just 3 seconds. Its AWD has a 40(F) / 60(R) power distribution and still has the DCT from the prototype.

VEHICLE STATS

1. BODY
    4 door sedan
    carbon fiber monocoque chassis with partial carbon fiber panels

2. POWERTRAIN
    Turbocharged front longitudinal inline 5
    2796 cc direct injection
    AWD
    7-speed dual clutch transmission
    Max power: 566 hp @ 7600 rpm
    Max torque: 602 Nm (444 ft.lb) @ 5200 rpm

3. HANDLING
    Sport tires, 20’’, F: 225/30R20, R: 270/25R20
    Brakes: F: carbon ceramic, 4 pistons 380 mm; R: carbon ceramic, 2 pistons, 340 mm
    Weight: 1494 kg (3294 lbs)
    Top speed: 337 km/h (211 mph)
    0 - 100 km/h: 3 s

Automation test track time: 2:00.79
Price: $ 155000

TEST DRIVE LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16LS1jHaoDZG9d3xpAxdWApP1038Q5mTv/view?usp=sharing (RSD2)

TEMPERA SPB2

This is the sportback version of the Tempera. It's everything the sedan version is in terms of interior design and engine, except for the transmission, weight and power distribution, tire size and style.

To keep up with its counterpart, the sportback has a 7-speed manual transmission, with a power distribution of 43(F)/57(R). While the sedan has a somewhat balanced weight (56% front / 44% rear), the sportback is a little heavier overall and is a lot front heavier than the sedan (62% front / 38% rear), which made the power split change in this version.

But incredibly, in the Automation test track, the sportback was only a full second slower than the sedan, even if it has a manual and 7 kg extra.

In the interior desing, the features are mostly the same, except for the transmission and the lack of paddle shifters on the steering wheel. Next to the shift lever, there’s a drawing of the gear path.

VEHICLE STATS

1. BODY
    5 door wagon
    carbon fiber monocoque chassis with partial carbon fiber panels

2. POWERTRAIN
    Turbocharged front longitudinal inline 5
    2796 cc direct injection
    AWD
    7-speed manual transmission
    Max power: 566 hp @ 7600 rpm
    Max torque: 602 Nm (444 ft.lb) @ 5200 rpm

3. HANDLING
    Sport tires, 20’’, F: 235/30R20, R: 265/25R20
    Brakes: F: carbon ceramic, 4 pistons 380 mm; R: carbon ceramic, 2 pistons, 340 mm
    Weight: 1501 kg (3310 lbs)
    Top speed: 332 km/h (207 mph)
    0 - 100 km/h: 3,6 s

Automation test track time: 2:01.79
Price: $ 160000

TEST DRIVE LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gl5rJ6s3t7l8HV5RZD2OBq82UbQv9mt7/view?usp=sharing (SPB2)

VTR MOTORS

5 Likes
SEVERO III
Disguised agressiveness

Jesus… this took longer than I thought…

So here it is. After a month of laziness, college and real world problems, it’s finally done - the last entry in the Severo line-up: Severo the Third.

It all started as a trip back in time with the first version. Then, we got to a modern interpretation of a classic car and now we end this journey with the ultimate version of this incredible machine.
And thanks to new Automation logic, this power is actually reasonable (remember the data of Severo II.)

What took so long to get it done? Aside from laziness and constant need for sleep (hehe), basically a good inspiration to create a new interior design, specially doors, center console and gauges (I think they’re the most well designed so far.)

Not that it matters right now. Let’s talk about numbers.

The 5.0L twin turbo V8 dubbed “Sev-R TT” produces 615 horses at 7000 rpm and 755 Nm of max torque at 4100 rpm. Between 2000 and 2400 rpm, you go from 510 Nm to 705 Nm of torque and in the 2400-5500 rpm range, you’re pretty much cruising shoved in your seat.

As is tradition, Severos and muscle cars MUST be RWD. Put that, a powerfully loud V8 and a 7 speed DCT transmission together and you get a muscle sedan with an electronically limited top speed of 342 km/h (214 mph).

The body is made of light AHS stell monocoque with carbon fiber panels, which helped shave off 300 kg compared to the Severo II. The prototype of the third Severo had both chassis and panels in carbon fiber, but that would make the car too light for its power and more prone to wheelspin and oversteer. So to avoid that, a slightly heavier material was used.

HEADPHONE USERS, BEWARE: THE ENGINE IS LOUD.

VEHICLE STATS

1. BODY
    4 door sedan
    Light AHS steel monocoque chassis with carbon fiber panels

2. POWERTRAIN
    Twin turbo front longitudinal 60º V8
    5017 cc direct injection
    RWD
    7-speed dual clutch transmission
    Max power: 615 hp @ 7000 rpm
    Max torque: 755 Nm (556 ft.lb) @ 4100 rpm
    Redline: 7000 rpm

3. HANDLING
    Sport tires, 22’’, F: 235/40R22, R: 285/35R22
    Brakes: F: carbon ceramic, 6 pistons, 410 mm; R: carbon ceramic, 2 pistons, 350 mm
    Weight: 1762 kg (3885 lbs)
    Top speed: 342 km/h (213 mph)
    0 - 100 km/h: 3,7 s

Automation test track time: 2:04.05
Price: $ 120 000

TEST DRIVE LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WvIzatLPZ-Z3ro98vFgOg6m3Smsf2VuZ/view?usp=sharing

VTR MOTORS
2 Likes

Much better than the last Severo - but why do you keep insisting on 60-degree V8s when a 90-degree equivalent is more realistic (with the added bonus of superior reliability and smoothness, plus provision for flat-plane crankshafts if you want more revs)?

Also, as I have previously explained on this thread, full carbon-fiber bodywork on anything that isn’t a supercar/hypercar is generally overkill - you could downgrade to partial or full aluminum panels, optimize weight towards the lighter end of the scale, and still have a cheaper (albeit heavier) car. And given that the Severo is obviously a high-end product, you might want to go all out and swap the dual wishbone rear for an even more advanced multilink setup.

By the way, is the new Severo built on the smallest of the '98 Challenger-esque bodies (with a ~2.7m wheelbase)? It sure looks like it to me. And a 2-door, 4-seater (or 2-seater for the hardcore track rats) verstion would be nice.