VTR (Returning to the garage....)

Well, I wasn’t paying that much attention to the difference between the 60-degree and 90-degree V8s - I just wanted a V8. And since I wasn’t aiming for high revs anyway, I didn’t even bother using the 90-degree one. I’m saving this type of V8 for another car I’ll be making in the future.

And yes, it is the 2.7m Challenger body. But I already did a 2-door version with the first and second Severos, so I didn’t want to make 3 consecutive cars with the same body type. Plus, I made this car with the Charger SRT Hellcat as a target, even though the Severo 3 isn’t that close in terms of performance.

But I might make a special edition of the Severo 3 with a multilink rear suspension and a 90-degree V8 and a 2-door 2-seater track version in the future.

2 Likes
I'M STILL ALIVE, OKAY?!
CEO'S INFORMAL TALK.

Hello car enthusiasts!
And the other half of the world who only uses cars to go from A to B.

3 months have passed and no sign of life from VTR… Well, real life priorities happened so I needed to adress them. And now I can finally breathe with a liiittle more ease.

ANYWAY

Recent update to the game happened and like every idiot who doesn’t save their progress, I lost a few cars. Also, I didn’t know saving a .car file was a thing… That said, I lost a few cars and those that weren’t gone had to be reworked.
But after every storm, there’s a beautiful rainbow ready to make you realize that you have to start all over again.

F.

So, what’ll happen next? Basically, redo some of the cars I managed to save, give them a driver export camera and put some of those BeamNG dash icons that work there. Also, finish some of the ideas I’ve had while crying over the loss of my precious cars that will never come to be.

But since I like you guys a lot, I’ll let you see what some of the next cars are.

In total, I’ve got 11 cars that I’m working on. Hopefully I can present at least two of them before the end of the year, specially the ones in the last picture. They’re an idea I’ve been having for the longest time.

Stay safe and see you on the road!

VTR MOTORS
PERFORMANCE. ENTHUSIASM. LIFESTYLE.
2 Likes
HORIZON
Focus on what's ahead of you

Here we go folks! For some reason, working on this body was a pain in the past but this time it worked out. May I present to you the first generation of our latest sports car: the VTR Horizon.
3 months of radio silence to focus on other, greater things in life. And now, the well deserved time-out to make cars.

This car is an attempt to do things slightly different from the usual formula, more specifically in the performance department, as in “not properly using the sliders to fine tune your car”. For starters, this car is right hand drive so some of the next cars will have a change in direction too. Next, I decided to actually use those tons of graphs to my advantage, to make the car perform better.

For example, in the past I didn’t mess up much with the brake force slider, leaving them 100% in both front and rear and only messing with the brake size. Needless to say, some cars didn’t stop adequately and only made the braking performance worse (big brakes don’t mean big stopping power). This time, following real life scenarios, the front brakes get the majority of the power (in this car, 90%) and the rear brakes get the lowest ammount (40% power), using the braking vs grip graph to keep the brake lines and tire grip lines closer to each other. The result: adequate and acceptable braking performance, comparable even to some BeamNG performance cars. Who knew that your brakes actually had to work within your tires’ grip limits? (Appearently, not me…)

In the handling department, the car is set with sportiness close to the edge of the understeer zone. Don’t worry, it doesn’t have strong understeer - it’s quite drivable at high speeds (91% drivability/88% sportiness). With this setup, this car can handle most corners without spinning out (unless you really make a miracle).

VEHICLE STATS

1. BODY
    2 door coupe
    AHS steel monocoque chassis with aluminium panels

2. POWERTRAIN
    Turbocharged front longitudinal inline 6
    2497cc multipoint EFI
    6-speed manual, RWD
    Max power: 277 hp @ 5200 rpm
    Max torque: 437 Nm (322 ft.lb) @ 3600 rpm
    Redline: 7000 rpm

3. HANDLING
    Sport tires, 18’’, F: 205/40R18, R: 250/35R18
    Brakes: F: ented disc, 3 pistons, 335 mm; R: vented disc, 2 pistons, 305 mm
    Suspension: double wishbone (F/R)
    Weight: 1332 kg
    Top speed: 287 km/h (179 mph)
    0 - 100 km/h: 4,9 s

Price: $ 58 500

AUTOMATION TEST TRACK TIME

AI: 2:13.78
Personal best: 2:14.099

TEST DRIVE LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Uc0-z0mXplKOYzU2p7FEn_Z1GI8ZJm4/view?usp=sharing

The file was compressed using 7zip so keep this detail in mind. If there are any errors, please let me know.

VTR MOTORS
2 Likes
MANTIS GT3 / PANTERA V2.0

First of all, Happy 2023 enthusiasts! Even you, non car people. May our year be one full of achievements, good food, positive energy and people AND last but not least - more cars.

So, I couldn’t keep my last year idea of presenting a new car from my secret stash so to make up for it, I got two new race cars (one of them is new actually, the other is more of a redesign).

MANTIS GT3

The newest addition is the Mantis GT3, developed by VTR Racing or VTR-R, our motorsports division. We kindly borrowed VW’s used bug chassis and made some improvements, making it race friendly. As usual, making a race car ain’t no hard feat: just throw away this and that, put some wings, a turbo charged 2 liter 4 cylinder with disproportional power, carbon ceramic brakes, etc etc etc you know the drill, and done. You got a race car.

Now for the important specs, 7 speed DCT, high quality semi slick tires, 9000 rpm redline, 540 hp and just 1215 kg of weight. For a GT3 car, that’s light, specially considering that the panels are made or aluminium and the chassis is light AHS steel. And no, carbon fiber was not an option since the GT3 class’ lowest weight limit is 1200 kg, and the car is already running on heavy weight optimization.

VEHICLE STATS

1. BODY
    Light AHS steel monocoque chassis with aluminium panels

2. POWERTRAIN
    Turbocharged front longitudinal inline 4
    1997 cc multipoint EFI
    RWD
    7-speed dual clutch transmission
    Max power: 540 hp @ 8700 rpm
    Max torque: 497 Nm (366 ft.lb) @ 6200 rpm
    Redline: 9000 rpm

3. HANDLING
    Semi slick tires, F: 235/35R22, R: 295/30R22
    Brakes: F: carbon ceramic, 2 pistons 390 mm; R: carbon ceramic, 2 pistons, 315 mm
    Suspension: double wishbone (F) / multilink (R)
    Weight: 1215 kg (2678 lbs)
    Top speed: 330 km/h (205 mph)
    0 - 100 km/h: 3 s

4. AUTOMATION TEST TRACK TIME
    A.I.: 1:56.33
    Personal best: 1:57.148

TEST DRIVE LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1COPicIOFYBLQ7Xfzuj4-OuKIidtwYd_R/view?usp=share_link

PANTERA (redesigned)

In retrospect, the first design of the Pantera RC1 was… questionable. It felt like it was a hearse with a wing and carbon bits put everywhere to make it look like a race car. And the tailight didn’t help it either. So everything was changed, from the outside to the engine.

This revised version has an extended wheel offset to fit the wider wheel arches. The new body kit now has the same color of the body to make it look “unified”. New rims and wider tires were put to improve traction. The rear end was changed and now has new DRL tailights and a rally type spoiler, as opposed to the one used on the last version of the car. Also, the exhaust is now at the side of the car.

In terms of performance, the car was redesigned to be a high speed car, and in order to have a better high speed stability and cornering, the car gained more downforce compared to the last version, which causes the suspension to bottom out according to Automation. To prevent this, the car’s top speed is electronically limited.

The interior hasn’t changed compared to the first version, except that now it has a race dashboard.

If you remember, a long time ago I said I lost a few cars due to an update of the game and the Pantera was one of them. Luckily, the .car file was saved somewhere but the previous performance was updated due to the recalculations of the recent version of the game. The engine is the same as the last time, same parts and everything, but it got a boost in power either way.

VEHICLE STATS

1. BODY
    Light AHS steel monocoque chassis with partial carbon fiber panels

2. POWERTRAIN
    Turbocharged front longitudinal inline 4
    2300 cc direct injection
    RWD
    6-speed manual transmission
    Max power: 587 hp @ 8100 rpm
    Max torque: 592 Nm (436 ft.lb) @ 6000 rpm
    Redline: 8500 rpm

3. HANDLING
    Semi slick tires, F: 230/30R21, R: 280/25R21
    Brakes: F: carbon ceramic, 4 pistons 355 mm; R: carbon ceramic, 2 pistons, 310 mm
    Weight: 1240 kg (2733 lbs)
    Top speed: 349 km/h (217 mph) (electronically limited)
    0 - 100 km/h: 3,7 s

4. AUTOMATION TEST TRACK TIMES
    A.I.: 1:58.57
    Personal best: TBD

TEST DRIVE LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PvhriEznmRgaIXauTYS62KctqkFJ8oFI/view?usp=share_link

VTR MOTORS

4 Likes

I like the GT3 a lot, I must say.

HORIZON II
The sky line is no longer the limit

Bad puns aside, this is the second version of the Horizon. Paying tribute to one of the most iconic sports cars ever, we decided to

steal
take inspiration from it and come up with a performance car of our own. You know the sequel of a car is serious when it has wider tracks and a wing.

Built hidden from the cops in the company’s hideout in Palmont City, the Horizon II has a different purpose from its previous encarnation: to be faster, handle better and be more powerful. For all that to happen, first, the car needed a makeover. As is tradition in VTR Motors, a sports car that ascends to the realm of performance cars needs to have a body kit, wider tracks, wings and a redesign. The result speaks for itself.

The interior has also been changed. Now that it is a performance car, it gets an interior made out of alcantara almost everywhere. Legends says that alcantara increases the horsepower of anything it touches so if you do the math, alcantara interior = a lot more power.

As for the performance upgrades, a new engine with forged pistons, conrods and crankshaft, a twin turbo inline 6, a AWD system, high quality vented disk brakes with race pads, improved sports tires and revised aerodynamics. It’s got a 6-speed manual with higher quality to handle the new power.

VEHICLE STATS

1. BODY
    2 door coupe
    AHS steel monocoque chassis with aluminium panels

2. POWERTRAIN
    Twin turbo front longitudinal inline 6
    2567cc multipoint EFI
    6-speed manual, AWD
    Max power: 478 hp @ 7000 rpm
    Max torque: 526 Nm (388 ft.lb) @ 5000 rpm
    Redline: 8000 rpm

3. HANDLING
    Sport tires, 18’', F: 225/35R18, R: 255/30R18
    Brakes: F: Vented disc, 3 pistons, 355 mm; R: vented disc, 2 pistons, 305 mm
    Weight: 1529 kg (3370 lbs)
    Top speed: 320 km/h (199 mph)
    0 - 100 km/h: 3,4 s

Price: $ 82 300

AUTOMATION TEST TRACK TIME

AI: 2:04.42
Personal best: TBD

Feb 7, 2023: slight design update: the car got a 4 point seatbelt and a modification in the steering wheel and included a handbrake due to feedback in the Automation reddit.

TEST DRIVE LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14yLWPw-le-ZvOUDieGcK4Sm_E_zTOrNR/view?usp=share_link

VTR MOTORS
3 Likes
RETURNING TO THE GARAGE
CEO´S informal letter

Hey everyone - yes, even you, non car people.

Long time and no cars. So… my 6 years old gaming notebook have finally decided to say goodbye - overused motherboard and one fall to the ground that damaged the screen base. And because I´m using a potato of a computer to write this message, this means that VTR Motors will be on halt for a while until a new gaming weapon arrives or until I find a way to miraculously revive my old notebook.

Don’t know for how long this will last and it’s definitely not going to happen anytime soon, which is a bummer. Designing cars is a long and tedious process, and even so, it’s still a fun and very rewarding one.

Anyways, the drive was fun while it lasted. Now it’s time to go back to the garage and do some long maintenance, and when the time comes, we’ll be back in high gear.

Stay safe and see you on the road!

VTR MOTORS
1 Like