What If? - A Community Thread

What if European brands made American-style land yachts?

2 Likes

They did exist, Opel Diplomat… But interesting take anyway!

4 Likes

You could say the Jensen Interceptor is a British take on an American muscle car.

2 Likes

What If… The Oldsmobile 98 Had a Thirteenth Generation and Fourteenth Generation
The Thirteenth Gen was set to run along the Aurora, and used a similar design to the Aurora. It was a improvement over the last gen, with higher sales

The Fourteenth Gen started production in 2002, and ended March 19th, 2004 with 89,000 being produced and 27 receiving the “Final 500” badge as shown on this model, with the demise of Oldsmobile removing the car for good.

6 Likes

What if the ICE Dodge Challenger is not discontinued and gets a successor?

Old engine, new technology

3 Likes

What If, Ford got their priorities straight and decided to start making affordable compact transport for the masses again. Like they are supposed to.

The 2024 Ford Ka
A Sub-£15,000 City Car

14 Likes

Better looking than anything in Ford’s lineup at the moment… :frowning:

2 Likes

And it would make a great base for a hot hatch variant - great for getting younger enthusiasts with tight budgets to dip their toes into the new performance car market.

Younger enthusiasts with tight budget buy used cars.

2 Likes

would be a good idea since they could finance or lease

What If.... Infiniti badged Nissan Silvia S15?

In this alternate universe, Nissan’s luxury division, Infiniti, decided to badge the Silvia S15 as the M30. The M24 was a more luxurious and upmarket version of the Silvia, with features such as leather seats, a sunroof, and a Bose sound system.

The M24 was a popular car in this alternate universe, and it was often seen as a more stylish and luxurious alternative to the Toyota Supra and the Mazda RX-7 which was long gone. The M24 was also a popular car for tuning, and many owners modified their cars to produce even more power.

The base trim is powered by KA24DE that produces 155 horsepower and 160 lb-ft of torque. It’s not the most powerful engine in the world, but it’s reliable and easy to modify. It would also be a good fit for the US market, as it’s similar in power to the engines that were offered in other Infiniti cars of the era, such as the G20 and the QX4.

The sport trim creatively called Sport S is powered by turbocharged KA24DE that produces 240 horsepower and 200 lb-ft of torque. Granted it’s not the legendary SR20DET that Silvia S15 got but it’s more than enough for US market that is easily available for spare parts and such.

Gallery

19 Likes

What If... Alfa Romeo will release a new supercar from the C series in retro style?

Meet - Alfa Romeo 6C TF (Targa Florio)

The new model will be released in a limited edition of 1910 cars (in honor of the year the company was founded). Two versions will be available to choose from - Stradale and Honor Edition. The second version features a unique exterior finish inspired by iconic Alfa Romeo models.

9 Likes

What if… You look away from this waste of a namplate, the 2019 Pre-Fl Chevrolet Beretta CrossCoupe

NA-Preview

CN-Spec seen driving.

AHHHH ITS REALLLL, or im crazy

9 Likes

What if… 1966 Pagani Zonda?

Saw someone make something similar and gave me the idea. The engine would be a 5.0L Jaguar V12, the same one in the XJ13

8 Likes

what if gordon murray were born 30 years prior
also
what if they thought to hook up active aero to the brake cylidners of a 70s wedge supercar

5 Likes

What If… Porsche will create a successor to the 918 Spyder?

I decided to imagine what Porsche’s next flagship hypercar might look like.

Porsche 920 Spyder is inspired by several Porsche concept cars, including the Mission X, Mission R and Vision Spyder. I also used some design elements from the 918 Spyder.

Thanks to the active use of carbon fiber in the chassis and body, the weight of the hypercar was reduced to 1,540 kg. However, things like air conditioning, multimedia and other amenities remain in place.

Porsche 920 Spyder features all the brand’s latest racing technologies, including advanced active aerodynamics and regenerative braking. The power plant consists of a 4.0-liter V8 engine and two electric motors, with a total power of 950 hp.

Acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h takes 2.4 seconds. The maximum speed is 360 km/h.

The first cars for the brand’s most loyal customers:

5 Likes

What might Bentley's first EV look like?

Meet — Altair

This electric sedan will be the successor to the iconic Flying Spur, but offers advanced technology and the highest level of comfort

4 Likes

What if Opel made a new Frontera?

Of course, it would no longer be an off-roader on a ladder frame, but rather a large (in the European sense) family crossover.

I thought that the modern design style of Opel could work quite well with a somewhat boxy, mildly rugged look, so I’ve decided to give it a try. Well, it turned out way curvier than I wanted, because there was no suitable body for my vision, and I really didn’t want to make it in 3D.

Yeah, the rearmost side window is weird, I’ve noticed way too late :stuck_out_tongue: If you wanna learn more or download the car, you can in my thread.

6 Likes

Just watched this before, and thought it was worth sharing here.

4 Likes

Yes this is where I found out about Automation about 1,5 year ago.

2 Likes