Young Norwegian Car Enthusiast Challenge(reviews published)

just wanted to start throwing out some cars… tbh, i dont really get those calculations. are the x values the respectice scores? or do we simply not know the x values? seems like ill just build an excessively overpowered car :smiley:

They’re multiplication signs in this case.

[quote=“Dragawn”]

They’re multiplication signs in this case.[/quote]

thanks, now i see. might have saved me from submitting the most ridiculous car of the competition.

i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s527/Mackiatoe/merna%20mk6%20poster%201_zpsqskoarkf.png

I’m not an advertising executive, but here is my futile attempt.

imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/910/utK05T.png

a car for norwegians? not having a clue about the market the development team was confronted with a sleazy marketing consultant throwing numbers at them that they couldnt make any sense of. so they started doing what they always do: building an exciting, sporty car that meets the budget. hell, the norwegians have loads of money to spend, oil to burn and all we ever saw of them were hot girls and surferdudes. so they sent the marketing guys off to find a market for their newest creation:

it is winter sports time! the brandnew Vichingo brings southern european temperemant to the ice track! this is how it feels to set a new world record at Vikersund! get the real driving experience for just 33000 krones!

Terribly sorry for the lack of replies so far, went on a cabin trip on thursday where I was promised web access. Ofc, the cake is a lie, and so was this, so I’ve had VERY limited access to the internets on my cellphone. Will answer all today :slight_smile:

Yes, or at least I’ve received a PM from you with a car and short description, so I’m assuming that’s the one you’re talking about :slight_smile:

[quote=“Vri404”]I got 74.8 Reliability on my vehicle.

I said F*ck it, it’s close enough[/quote]

I know the reliability one is harsh, so I won’t disqualify you for this since you are so close, but there will be a penalty involved in the scoring

Thanks for the headsup, was suspecting this since there were no entries there, I’ll remove it from the first post and enter the info myself (such derp, much fail, wow :blush: )

[quote=“stensen”]

They’re multiplication signs in this case.

thanks, now i see. might have saved me from submitting the most ridiculous car of the competition.[/quote]

My bad for not making that clearer (note to self on next challenge)

Great to see so many new entries, list will be updated today

Okay, an ad huh? Let’s see if I can do one in the character of 2002… I think around this time I was salivating over the Murcielago…

After a fair bit of searching, I found a photo of a Norwegian (I hope) roadway that wasn’t the Atlantic bridge in the middle of a storm, Storseisundet bridge (though that would have been epic), Trollstigen road (which unfortunately didn’t have any photos with cinematic angles I could use for an ad), that was also under commons with modification license. Unfortunately it required I place the car a little too low in the frame for my liking, but hey, it’s still a nice photo.

I got some serious help from my Scandanavian friend with regards to the name. Otherwise I would have had no clue that funny looking d was in fact a voiced dental fricative… I’m no linguist.

Also excuse the craptastic logo. I came up with it on the fly and it seems that the MM designs so far have been pretty, uh, blocky and modular and un-Italian in general, so have a Bauhaus font xD

^ That’s only like 5000x better than my crappy “advertisement” was. :blush:

[Redacted]

I did get sick of reading up on kidney transplants… So I spent like 3 hours on it xD

Also shit I can’t remember if my entry actually has a manually locking diff. I better check.

These Ads are made in a Faux-1980’s style.

1st is based off of an add for a tiny Mitsubishi Kei Van.

2nd is entirely original, and also joking at the Volvo ads of the time.

LOL I saw the original pick up 5x as many women in a minivan and during my Google searches.

1 Like

[quote=“strop”]Okay, an ad huh? Let’s see if I can do one in the character of 2002… I think around this time I was salivating over the Murcielago…

After a fair bit of searching, I found a photo of a Norwegian (I hope) roadway that wasn’t the Atlantic bridge in the middle of a storm, Storseisundet bridge (though that would have been epic), Trollstigen road (which unfortunately didn’t have any photos with cinematic angles I could use for an ad), that was also under commons with modification license. Unfortunately it required I place the car a little too low in the frame for my liking, but hey, it’s still a nice photo.

I got some serious help from my Scandanavian friend with regards to the name. Otherwise I would have had no clue that funny looking d was in fact a voiced dental fricative… I’m no linguist.

Also excuse the craptastic logo. I came up with it on the fly and it seems that the MM designs so far have been pretty, uh, blocky and modular and un-Italian in general, so have a Bauhaus font xD[/quote]

looks amazing! which body is that though?

Godt å se enda en nordmann. :slight_smile: Heldigvis har vi latterlig billig bensin og diesel for tiden. Deleprisene (om man er litt behendig selv) er heller ikke så verst og koster så og si det samme over hele EU/EØS.

A little hint: Big, burly American pick-up trucks with huge V8s weren’t taxed in Norway in 2002 (and as such, a Ford Excursion was the same price as a BMW 320 estate). :slight_smile: This loophole was plugged just before the Hummer H2 hit the Norwegian market.

edit: oh… edited the translation in.

Strop, that is some sleek looking ad. Pretty cool.

i still have no idea how to make a proper ad…

Googling something like “2000s car ad” worked pretty ok for me, though the number of actual 00s ads was very thin compared to all the vintage ones from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Then again I’m no google master.

p.s. the body is some 90s/00s coupe thing… it’s a fairly recent mod as far as I can tell. But I just download most of them anyway so I forget :laughing:

This is the mod: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f … earchtext=