Ford SVT Contour (Mondeo ST200)

I picked up an SVT Contour for a fantastic price. 1,000 freedom bucks! It runs very well. It’s going to need to have the brakes and suspension sorted, but I had no issue passing the California emission test with it.

I’m going to be making this thing my streetable track car. So more updates to come as the funds allow.

30 Likes

It looks kind of nice, actually.

Not the most common Ford, at least around here. Hope you have some fun with it! Now one quick question.
Is it autobox or stick?
Can’t wait to see what it becomes

1 Like

The Contour SVT was only available as a stick. And that looks awfully pristine for a $1000 example. Should be lots of fun

5 Likes

Only 11,500 SVTs built

1 Like

Exhaust came before Suspension, because reasons. :joy:

New CV Axles, new brakes front/back, new water pump, new coolant hoses, intake cleaned.

Struts and suspension bushings next when the money is available.

10 Likes

I never imagined the perfect garage would consist of two front wheel drive vehicles.

10 Likes

When you find Fiesta ST wheels for $100 for all four, you do not pass that up.

5 Likes

How’d you manage that?

Some one posted it on Craigslist, and I jumped on it.

They were stolen weren’t they

1 Like

I hope that they were not.

I’m surprised that the ST rims are still 4 lug. Gonna transplant those onto another car, or resell them?

Fiesta ST is 4x108
Focus ST is 5x108

And these Fiesta ST wheels will be going on the Contour.

I also was GIVEN these by one of my customers.

6 Likes

Nice find! You seem to be having really good luck with Fords. :joy: If you happen to find a 1987-88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe (5-speed) or 1989-91 Taurus SHO, let me know. LOL

Good luck with it!

3 Likes

How about a '92? https://ventura.craigslist.org/cto/d/1992-ford-taurus-sho/6346239661.html

1 Like

Here’s a 91 in Toronto for $4700 Canadian: https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/city-of-toronto/1991-ford-taurus-sho-sedan/1267132646?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Edit: Looking at the Description for the Ad, I’m Guessing it got the Plus Package.
Edit:

Just came across this 88, Original Paint, No Rust, 5 Speed, Fully Loaded, Certified & E-Tested for $6500 Canadian:

Hah! Thanks for that, good to see they’re still out there. :smiley:

Freedom Mondeo prowling the night.

19 Likes

Fiesta ST wheels fit almost TOO well.

17 Likes