2003 Daihatsu Copen Active Top

I genuinely wonder if the Copen was ever RWD or FWD, haven’t played Gran Turismo to know that, i may feel stupid atm.

As far as I am aware, the Copen is FWD, whereas the Suzuki Cappucino, Honda Beat and Autozam AZ-1 were all RWD.

1 Like

Indeed, Copens are based on the Mira chassis and are FWD.

Except when they’re RWD.

Or AWD.

6 Likes

Thought it wasn’t FWD giving its proportions

1 Like

The upgrades continue.

Can say these are a massive improvement. OEM pads on these seem to get the same complaints, there’s not much bite, then they work, but then if you need anything beyond that they’re a bit squidgy. These Endless pads came highly recommended by reviews on Minkara and I can see why, loads of bite and they’ll put you through the windscreen if you get on them.

Discs were a bargain at a massive 8 quid, decent make too. Didn’t feel the need to go mad there are the brakes are YRV/Vitz sized to start with, on an 820kg car. Tyres next I think.

7 Likes

Excuse the flies, it picks them up for fun.

Got parked behind a really nice Nissan Figaro, good for a comparison of the styling bits the Copen nicked from cars like the Nissan.

8 Likes

Amusingly this seems to have taken over the role of lazy MOTs from the G6. Didn’t even wash it, checked the horn and lights and put it in, no problems, no advisories, jobs a good’un.

Also now running on new tyres, Vredestein Ultracs. Changing out those rock hard old Bridgestones was a great idea, it’s now much much quieter at 70mph, and rides less like it wants to rip your spine out - I had been thinking this is just how Copens were.

All the new stuff is starting to bed in a bit better now including those brakes which are, if anything, too much for this car - you can overpower the tyres pretty easily if you need to get on them even close to quickly. Shouldn’t complain though, much better than having not much at all.

3 Likes