2016 New York International Auto Show

New York. The Big Apple. The City that Never Sleeps. By far one of the biggest and most commonly recognized cities in the world, New York is the center of the world. So, naturally, there’s an international auto show, abbreviated NYIAS. This show in particular holds a special place in my heart, being the only major auto show that I’ve gone to. This year will be my 5th visit, and I can’t wait to see what you guys have to offer!

The show allows reveals on the 22nd, press days and more reveals are on the 23rd and 24th, and the show opens to the public on the 26th. Keep that in mind when revealing your cars!

Pictures are highly appreciated!

Again, because it’s early, cars can be teased and revealed before the show is open to the public, but you don’t have to reveal cars right now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/672838957663518721/yqZlQmEi.jpg

Here’s a quick and more revealing teaser of our brand new model. The relaunch starts here.

ManHell will go with a few ‘classics’, like the Ferro 350.
s30.postimg.org/qezr2z6hd/Ferro_pin.jpg

[size=200]Meanwhile, at Montuzo Engineering…[/size]

Scene - Mr. Fabio Montuzo’s office. Coldest day this year - below freezing. Montuzo is working on his accounting, sorting his bank records.
Date - Friday 8th of January, 2016.

A young researcher knocks loudly on the office door. Montuzo hastily lets him in, expecting some sort of emergency. “Sir, it’s here!” the researcher puffs, out of breath. “The New York Auto Show is go. Do you think we should tell them we’re co-”

“When is it?” Fabio asks without lifting his head from his work.
“Well, they say it’s in the middle of March.”
“Great, that should give us plenty of time.”
“Sir, I don’t think you understand…”

Fabio looks up slowly at the terrified researcher.

“What’s wrong?” he asks.
“IT’S THIS YEAR.” the researcher yells.

Fabio’s eyes widen. He bursts out of his office and gathers his employees at the conference room. “Gentlemen.” he starts loudly. “We’re in some serious sh!t right now. We’ve got just two months to prepare a concept for the New York International Auto Show. We need spanners, wrenches, screwdrivers, the lot. I’ve got the design, you’ve got the firepower. Make it happen.” The workers talk amongst themselves, trying to come up with a solution. The head designer, Frenchman Antoinne Moreau, questioned the idea.

“What do we get in return? This isn’t exactly easy work, you know.” he pipes up angrily.
“Come, now.” Montuzo consoles, trying to calm him down. “We haven’t even started yet.”
“Seriously, it’s gonna take a lot of dole.”
“Alright, fine.” Montuzo exclaims, agitated from Antoinne’s latest outburst. “Infinite bags of chips. Happy?”

The workers nodded in agreement.

“Alright gentlemen, we have an agreement.” Fabio stated. “We’ve got a car to build!”

Will be fully revealed 23rd :mrgreen:

Rumors say that Airborne Automotive will bring the historical model that didn’t made it’s way to Geneva due to border document problems - instead it goes to New York.
Some fans of the company will recognize it: It’s the:
1998 Synth GT1

Airborne Synth GT1 was made as hardcore GT1 racecar, then, after racing in only one qualifying race it was classified by FIA as too incomparable and therefore banned. In meanwhile FIA GT1 category got cancelled and Airborne was left with 10 left bodies. They converted it into street legal super GTs of the time that made Porsche 911 GT1 (even in Evo phase) and Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR plus McLaren F1 GTR look like bunch of pussies. This is one of most hardcore, wildest, epic, evil and rarest Airbornes ever made. 673 hp packed into racecar body with power transmitted to rear wheels with almost no assists that is able to take you to the opera and next day can beat even today’s supercars.
Trivia: Synth GT1 actually gained it’s name because it used many cosmetical elements from normal Synth Clubman (example: wipers, switches or rear lights)

Photo below was taken in 2014 during Airborne Days event on Le Mans track. It’s the only Synth GT1 with “GT1” decal sprayed on it’s back by son of previous CEO, which is younger brother of actual one.

Stay tuned.

neat gauges^

did you make it from scratch?
must’ve taken a while to make that

[size=150]Camoria Automotive[/size]

[quote=“koolkei”]neat gauges^

did you make it from scratch?
must’ve taken a while to make that[/quote]

Yeah, they were all done completely from scratch without anything taken online.

So… who’ll go first?

What do you mean? I’m waiting for everyone else xD

I think I’ll be doing some professional-style commentary as well. Hopefully everyone will get their cars out on the 23rd-24th!

Well it’s 22nd already, so… I just don’t want to be the opening act.

Well, it’s the 21st here. Time zones, my good sir.

Why not open? There’s no reason not to xD

[quote=“titleguy1”]Well, it’s the 21st here. Time zones, my good sir.

Why not open? There’s no reason not to xD[/quote]

I will be the first to open. :stuck_out_tongue:

Miller would like to introduce to everyone the Miller Decimator. The Decimator comes with either a 5.6L Twin Turbo V8 producing 605 HP mated with a 6 speed manual, or a 7.1L Naturally Aspirated V12 producing 689 HP mated with a 7 speed dual clutch sequential gearbox, placed at the front powering all 4 wheels. The Decimator is equipped with a double wishbone suspension in the front and pushrod suspension at the rear. The MS-8 goes from 0-60 MPH in 3.3 seconds, while the MS-12 goes from 0-60 MPH in 2.8 seconds.

Decimator MS-8
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/298734165357463409/301A7CB742C9A2075F827B5C4F39AFE02897602F/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/298734165357463538/1FEDCB33B1DAFF792D38BAD40D30F2997A4C598B/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/298734165357463683/0152CB91159924691D055C20F3E3DD0275448FA9/

Decimator MS-12
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/298734165357463799/23F663396A0A7398F6CDE7AEB03240E6CAD7F5DE/
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/298734165357463920/27F51E1C99E5DD25EABDCF2EA0D55A626F37ACD1/

Pricing for decimator?

That has not been decided as of yet, but I estimate that the Decimator MS-8 will probably start around $70,500, and the MS-12 will probably be around $105,000

The Decimator looks like it may have been inspired by the Dodge Viper a little? Anyway I like it.

After a long hiatus, I am happy to report that Camoria is back and ready to dominate the road and track of the Automation world. We have two cars featured today, a face-lifted model and a brand-new addition to the Camoria line-up. We hope you like what we have to offer today, and will stop by the regular thread to see all that Camoria has offered in the past!

[size=200]Camoria Phase-X Design[/size]

[size=150]Front Fascia[/size]:
If I were to give a word to describe the design intentions of this car, it would be “drama.” We wanted the car to strike you with its appearance with a combination of hard and soft edges. What you will first notice about the car is perhaps the headlights. They are a harking back to traditional Camoria design but still very daring. The edges of the headlights are very sharp yet at the same time they are blown back for an aerodynamic look. In regards to the grille, it is the first non-Camoria grille we have put on a car in a very long time. It is actually a reference to our older rallying days (we intend to showcase some of those models in the upcoming days). It too is a combination of hard and soft edges. The top of the grille itself is rounded off but the notch at the bottom spikes up sharply, giving a very dramatic look. The louvres on the hood follow the natural lines of the car, something which we consider very important when designing anything. The color choice is a reference to the Camoria Phase VIII, one of our most successful cars.

[size=150]Side Profile[/size]:
The designers wanted to incorporate as much classic-Camoria design cues as they could in the car, so you will notice that there is a modified version of the Camoria Venti-Ports on the rear quarter panel of the car. These, like the louvres on the hood, follow the natural flowing lines of the car, giving the entire profile a very forward appearance.

[size=150]Rear Fascia[/size]:
With the back end of the car, we were looking to give it a very stanced look. Every feature on the rear of the car is low and wide. The taillights are painstakingly designed to give a lot of texture. A dramatic line of chrome stretches outward from the badge toward the edge of the intakes, which serves as both a cut-off point for the taillights but also as a means of conveying both the drama and the stance of the car.

Stats:
The engine is a 3.5L V8 designed in-house.

Phase-X will retail for less than $100,000. With Phase-X, a person can have power and prestige for far less than some competitors.

[size=200]2016 Camoria Phase-V[/size]

[size=200]Design[/size]:

[size=150]Front Fascia[/size]:
The front of the car takes classic Camoria design but twists them. For example, the headlights are actually an interpretation of the taillight design, by means of taking small individual lights and combining them to form one large one. They are sculpted by the shape of the vent which surrounds them.

[size=150]Side Profile[/size]:
The vents on the rear quarter panel are both for function and for form. In reality, the function is to cover up a glitch in the graphics, but they serve as a sweeping gesture towards the front to give the car a forward dynamic look.

[size=150]Rear Fascia[/size]:
The rear end of the car follows similar design cues as the Phase-X above. The taillights are of similar design, but instead of the individual lights going vertically, these go horizontally, adding a perception of width to a car that is actually quite compact. This car being a midsize sedan, it is important to stress largeness without actually making the car large. The car also has the strip of chrome stretching from the center badging, which, in the case, almost makes it look like the wings of a bird stretching out. The louvres from the side profile also provide a curvature to the car which we find quite unique.

[size=200]Stats[/size]:
This 2.8L I4 is also made in-house (but we welcome engine designs from many manufacturers).

Thank you very much for visiting the Camoria booth and we hope you think highly of what we have put forth today. It feels great to be back in such a tremendously supportive, active, and caring community of car-nerds.

1 Like