2019 Automation EOTY Awards

Welcome to the fourth annual Automation End of the Year Awards!

Welcome back to the annual Automation EOTY awards! It’s an honor for me to host this challenge to bring out the best that the community has to offer. Now that we’re at the end of the decade, Automation has been in development for pretty much the entire time - there’s years upon years of changes and development, but this year has to easily be one of the most impressive in terms of growth and development among the community!

OVERVIEW

The EOTY awards are a community-run competition where you get to vote for our candidates and categories. You’ll be able to choose which categories you want to vote for along with the nominees you think deserve to win their respective disciplines. After 3 rounds of voting, we’ll have our results!

VOTING

There is a 3-round system to our voting, but before any categorical voting occurs, the groups must be made themselves. Here are all of the processes that will occur this year:

1. First, categories will be chosen. You will choose to eliminate 5 categories from 2 different themes; cars and community.
  2. Next, people will nominate their 3 favorite subjects within a category.
  3. Voters afterwards will vote for their 2 favorite subjects in the category.
  4. Finally, voters will choose their favorite subject in a given category.

Category voting will proceed from November 29th to 9:00 PM EST, December 5th. Primary voting will go from December 6th to 11th, secondary voting from December 12th to 17th, and tertiary voting from December 18th to 23th. On Christmas Eve, results will be out.

We implore that you do not vote or nominate yourself in any categories. Thank you.

We wish you all happy holidays!

45 Likes

Category voting has ended. Thank you for your votes.

If you are found voting for an incorrect number of responses, your vote will be invalidated.

19 Likes

Warning that voting for categories will end in T-minus 4 and a half hours! If you want to vote make sure to click the link above!

5 Likes

Hey! I’m here to say that voting for the first round has officially concluded! Thank you everyone for your votes, and tomorrow we will have the nomination round available.

To help you think about your nominations, here are links to the list of auto shows this year, car design forum, and 2019 Summer Auction.

6 Likes

Nomination voting has ended. Thank you for your votes.

If you are found nominating yourself in any categories, your vote will be invalidated.

Please dedicate some time to think about your votes, since it will take a little while.

7 Likes

Friendly reminder that voting will end tomorrow at 11:00 PM EST! I changed the the time for this one since I have a final from 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM.

Voting has ended! Thanks for participating.

5 Likes

Prelimenary voting has ended. Thank you for your votes.

You may now vote for yourself if you would like, since I cannot track what I expect to be 50+ votes in a few days.

4 Likes

I would like to note a mistake on the voting. In Car Company of the Year (Luxury), it states “Honghu Huangdou Automotive Co.” as a brand. This is incorrect, and should be Guangzhou Honghu Automotive Co. Please keep this in mind whilst voting. Thank you!

7 Likes

@titleguy1 There is a typo for Car of the Year (Luxury) where it says Tanaka Aventis. It’s supposed to say Aventus, which is a luxury car.

Fixed. You might want to consider renaming one of them because I was confused the entire time as to which one I was looking at :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Reminder that voting ends tomorrow if you haven’t voted yet!

8 Likes

Final voting has ended. Thank you for your votes.

This is it, everyone! Your vote really counts here - choose who you truly believe deserves the win!

16 Likes

Don’t forget to vote - we’re ending voting tonight!

9 Likes

Welcome to the results of the 2019 End Of The Year Awards! I’m honored to be presenting the results for the 4th year in a row, and I hope that we all have grown and evolved not just in the game but as people too!

Without further ado, here are the results for this year’s awards!

Car Company Awards

Car Company of the Year (Overall)

Garnering 58.3% of our votes, everyone’s favorite car company this year is…
@yangx2 with Honghu Huangdou Automotive Co. (广州红湖 - 黄豆)!

Car Company of the Year (Standard)

Another rising star of the Automationverse, our Standard Car Company of the Year is…
@CorsicaUnknown with Corsica Motor Company!

Car Company of the Year (Luxury)

With over 75% of our votes, we almost unanimously voted this for our Luxury Car Company of the Year… That’s right, it’s
@ProfessorP3PP3R and Silver-York!

Car Company of the Year (Performance)

The undisputed champion continues to reign supreme.
@strop and Gryphon Gear!

Car Of The Year Awards

Car of the Year (Overall)

One of the closer battles between two supremely influential cars, these two cars fought to the death. The devil herself still came out on top… The winner is
@strop and the Gryphon Gear Lilith!

Car of the Year (Standard)

This is the first time that we’ve had electric cars in the poll. A bigger sign of the times is that they challenged each other head-to-head! The winner of this roundup is…
@titleguy1 (ya boy) and the shocking Rigore Vulnair!

Car of the Year (Luxury)

Continuing streaks of dominating the polls, yangx2 and ProfessorP3PP3R fought it out with their creations. Only one could come out on top; the winner here was…
@yangx2 with the aptly named Guangzhou Honghu 88888888!

Car of the Year (Performance)

A tighter fight than many of us had expected, but alas the king preserves his seat on the throne!
@strop and the Gryphon Gear Lilith!

Retro Car Of The Year (1970’s-2000’s)

A new category for this year helps showcase some of the hidden talents of the forum. A beloved member deservedly wins this trophy!
@ProfessorP3PP3R with the Silver-York Sovereign!

Classic Car Of The Year (Pre-1970’s)

Snatching the prize again with over 75% of the votes, please give a hand to…
@ProfessorP3PP3R and the 1935 Silver-York Rouge-Teleiótita!

Truck of the Year

In a landslide victory, our favorite truck this year was…
@mat1476 and the Warren XLT!

SUV/Crossover of the Year

Another tight race, the results prove that the future is here to stay. Congratulations to…
@CorsicaUnknown and the Corsica Summit!

Car Design of the Year

With only 1 vote separating the winner from the loser in this highly contested category, please congratulate…
@MrChips and the absolutely insane Scagliati La Tempesta!

Superlative Vehicle Awards

Most Impressive Car

One of the forum’s most, well, impressive efforts has a pretty awesome result! Give it up to…
@Maxbombe and the Spander FA!!

Most Dedicated Car Company

Yet another victory from a crowd favorite, 56.1% of us voted for…
@yangx2 with Guangzhou Honghu Automotive Co!

Best New Car Company

Our forums fell in love with this person as soon as they landed here! Let’s applaud…
@ProfessorP3PP3R and Silver-York!

Most Realistic Car Company

This company not only has a realistically fleshed out lore, but creates jaw-droppingly realistic cars. Give a hand to…
@CorsicaUnknown with Corsica Motor Company!

Best Car Advertisement

Our first tie of the competition, but one that is very well-deserved. Please give a hand to our two winners…
@Rk38 with the 1985 Maesima Celento and @ProfessorP3PP3R with the 1935 Silver-York Rouge-Teleiótita!

Watch the Maesima ad here.

Community Awards

Best Car Designer (Individual)

With a 3-vote advantage, the year’s best car designer is @yangx2!

Most Improved Designer (Individual)

Over half of our votes went to this year’s winner in a tight three-way fight. Let’s have a round of applause for @On3CherryShake!

Best Car Creator/Engineer (Individual)

56.1% votes went to one of the greatest of the great forum veterans. Congratulations to @strop!

Friendliest/Most Helpful Member

Nearly half of us all chose this person as the friendliest or most helpful member this year. The winner is @Chickenbiscuit!

Best New Member (Must have joined in 2019)

Despite having only joined this year, this person has made quite a name for themselves. Let us salute @ProfessorP3PP3R!

Best Modder

He might be doing work officially now, but it’s hard to doubt the winner’s contribution to the scene - congratulations @Chickenbiscuit!

Most Influential Member

Governing with a truly effective sleight of hand, we should all applaud this year’s most influential member - @MrChips!

Best Community Artist

Best Community Member Vehicle

Another tie, let’s congratulate @Lordred for his 1999 Ford SVT Contour and @adamd for his 2007 Toyota Blade Master G!

Best Challenge/Competition

Finally breaking from tradition, the winner of the Best Challenge/Competition goes to @MrChips with the The Summer 2019 Automation Collector Car Auction!

Best Automation Photo (Photoshopped or not)

With a very pretty, very 80’s advertisement, the winner for this category is @ProfessorP3PP3R’s 1984 Silver-York Sovereign Ad!

The “Golden Cock” Award

There was definitely a few different options here - but whey, someone had to win, and that someone is @Human89845524 with his British Leyland fetish!

Even though last year was a fairly prolific year, we’ve seen the community balloon like crazy in the past year. We hope that next year will be bigger and better. As always, happy holidays and have a happy new year!

39 Likes

Thank you all for such a wonderful year!

Congratulations to those in the EOTY awards, and Happy Holidays from Farox, Hokuto, and myself!

26 Likes

The Honghu Automotive Corporation and myself thank you all for the votes! The love is very much appreciated! <3

And of course, congratulations to everyone else. This has been a great year for Automation :slight_smile:

22 Likes

Thank you everyone for the votes! It makes me happy that I could contribute to this great community and its been fun to watch it grow this year. We’ve really pushed each other to make some beautiful cars this year and the winners’ recognition is well deserved. Also thanks to titleguy1 for your continued hard work running the auto shows, starting CSC and hosting EOTY this year!

Merry Christmas!

14 Likes

I’m real happy and all and I’mma let you finish…

…but I just wanted to say that Chip’s ARXL challenge was actually the best challenge* of all time. OF ALL TIME! How the fuck did people not remember or recognise this? It’s just as well the title still went to another of his events, and also just as well that for once CSR didn’t win it** because honestly there’s been great things that missed out in 2017 and 2018 too. Several members of the community have suggested perhaps only individual rounds of CSR should be eligible for nomination and I think this is an excellent idea.

*that didn’t have access to source code in order to create the BRC

**I’m allowed to say this, I don’t loathe myself enough to be able to offend myself lol

Okay that’s my 2 cents. Thanks for the votes and Merry Christmas!

22 Likes

Without sounding cheesy, I really do wanna thank everyone in this community for making this year so great. This was a year filled with amazing cars, new ways on how to experiment with fixtures and great community members. Truly a memorable year, here’s to 2020.

And congratulations to everyone in the Awards!

For all the nominees and winners, you made this year special. Happy (late) holidays from us.

19 Likes

Thank you to all of the community, for all the votes and nominations i appreciate it so much. I can’t believe I’ve been active here for less than a year and its been one enjoyable. All of the support, advice and friendships have helped make the game far more enjoyable.

With this i bid you a wonderful Christmas and i hope that now moving into the 20s Automation can continue to evolve and grow.

Thank youuu!

13 Likes