24 Hours of ATT: 1985 (DEADLINE: 24/2/2017)

Nah, V8s were very common in Group C at this time. We ought to keep it authentic :wink:

Power to weight ratio rule could be a potential way of solving this?

1 Like

i have rejigged the capacity rules to keep the powers equal between the two.

now itā€™s just the economy sides i need to wok out

1 Like

I actually had a similar challenge in mind and did a spreadsheet a while back, but as i havenā€™t had the time, i havenā€™t presented it yet. You are welcome to use it if you want, but itā€™s teambased rather then carbased in its calculations. PM me if you want a link to it.

right, a fuel system is in place now.

That looks good to me. Just one thing, how are you calculating the time it will take for the fuel tank to empty? Are you using the combined economy rating on the Overview tab or something more complicated?

just basic combined. itā€™s the simplest for those building, and me adjudicating.

1 Like

Will every pit stop take 5 minutes?

yes. again, itā€™s to keep it as simple as possible for people to understand and it acts as a normalizing factor too.

2 Likes

THROWING IT OPEN TO ENTRIES

2 Likes

Superb! Expect something soon

Not sure whether to go GT-R or GT-P, personally, but I know roughly the car Iā€™m going to base it on.

Open? Excellent! Iā€™ll probably have something together by the weekend. Canā€™t promise itā€™ll be competitive :anguished:

1 Like

What does that mean? No downforce undertray? or only offroad allowed? Because even semi clad reduces some liftā€¦

sorry, my bad for over simplifying a tad.

you can install an undertray on GT-P class, but the downforce slider has to be set to 0.

2 Likes

Any naming scheme you want us to follow?

standard format

ATT85- Name - Car Nam

ATT85-name-engine name

I believe this risk is too high. I did my first prototype and itā€™s not extreme but still has only 50% of finishing. I suggest you combine those to numbers and add 50 and than roll the dice.

1 Like

iā€™ll change the range to 0-100, or 0-150, then. i wasnā€™t too sure about how reliable/driveable they were going to be.

After 2 cars I believe competitive entries will be at 100Ā±20, turbos maybe 90Ā±20. Thatā€™s just my guess. So shoot thereabout, I suggest maybe 150. It is reachable, you will finish but your car will in no way be competitive. You might just walk for 24h. If you go undercooled mr turbo than youā€™r at 50. Fast but unlikely to finish.

3 Likes

sounds good! thanks for the guidance