Affordable 1970s Sports Car Challenge Part 2: U.S. Federalization Boogaloo

From my experience, and I’m new to this…moving most things in 3D is ok up to a certain point…after that, if I go too far the fixture/morph remains “straight”…

Side note: I’m finding out new things with every build, so please educate me .

2 Likes

Ok… I wasn’t really happy with my first car, sooo…

1970 ARMOR SUNBURST GT

More sporty, more '70’s, more seats.

10 Likes

well i am taking a long-comatose Brand out of hibernation…

sooo…

The Keika Kakute MkII

Basically a re-hashed late 50s sports car with a 3rd part engine kindly supplied by BERMAG mbH. (@Ryan93)

have some (as in a pair) of pics:

Yes, i know it doesn’t have any kind of interior, but nobody mandated it and i cba to re-make all the window trim shit to fix some random boxes floating about in there lol.

10 Likes

1970 Decarlis 5 C 2500

HiResPhoto378

HiResPhoto380

HiResPhoto382

21 Likes
AZS Falco 2500S

LORE

Founded by Gianluigi Zoccarato and Amadeo Scagliati in 1958, Automobili Zoccarato-Scagliati was created with the express purpose of building the finest sports cars in Italy, as well as testing advanced technologies for the closely-associated Scagliati marque. Composite construction, disc brakes, dual overhead camshafts and many others were first trialed in AZS models, which quickly found themselves filling a lucrative niche as a more affordable alternative to the very expensive Scagliati models, as well as finding a role in amateur and professional racing all over Europe and North America.

The Falco was launched in 1970 as a compact, lightweight everyday sports car, aimed squarely at rivals from West Germany, France and Great Britain. Powered by an all-aluminum, mid-mounted 2.5-litre V6 engine directly derived from Scagliati’s Mirano V12 family, the mid-range Falco 2500S produces 161 horsepower, giving the diminutive car sprightly performance on the road, on account of its 905-kilogram curb weight. In spite of the Falco’s light weight and compact dimensions, comfort and practicality were not neglected, with trunk space both front and rear, and a very comfortable, well-trimmed interior making the Falco a sports car that could be driven as an everyday car, if desired.

Performance in the Falco 2500S is ample, sprinting to 100 kilometres per hour in 6.7 seconds, and on to a top speed of 246 kilometres per hour. All of this, for a price of $18,500.

23 Likes

1970 DMS Rimini

Submitted Trim: 1.8

In 1970, DMS introduced the Rimini as its entry-level offering. Two engines were offered: a 2.8-liter straight-six delivering 200 bhp (red car) and a 130-bhp 1.8-liter straight-four (yellow car), with the former being distinguished by dual exhaust outlets, a hood bulge, bigger brakes, and wider tires and wheels.

The six-cylinder version could sprint from 0 to 60 mph in just 6.7 seconds and had a top speed of nearly 140 mph, but the base model was no slouch either, being only 1.5 seconds slower to 60 mph, and in addition to weighing around 100 kg less, was also $2500 cheaper.

Both versions enjoy a healthy enthusiast following today for their small size, light weight, agile handling, and ample power for their engine capacity.

7 Likes

Tristella Oscen 240GTS

Tristella’s lowest end model, the Oscen, was introduced in 1969 to both homologate the its motor and to spread publicity of the brand with a less exclusive offering, outside of its motorsport ventures. Equipped with a 2.4l v6 producing 155 horsepower. Weighing in at under 900kg, the performance was impressive to say the least; that paired with a well balanced chassis and a decently well equipped interior combined together for a very comprehensive sports car package.

Pricing was started at $18,200.

Gallery
26 Likes

a stupid question, I’m more of a modder than a designer, what does ET mean? :blush:

3 Likes

engineering time. PU is production units

if I participate and use a body that comes with the next update, it only works for me, is that correct?

1 Like

If it’s loaded into the game as a mod body, then it won’t work for anyone who doesn’t also have it loaded into the game as a mod body. AFAIK OB and Stable branch are the same right now so I assume that’s what you mean. Technically you could send a copy of the body mod to the host. Most competitions have a rule that you can’t use mod bodies which aren’t available to everyone via the Steam Workshop for fairness reasons.

It’s a shame, but the body will only come with the next update :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

1970 Mayster Triumf L

I could have just (re)told the story behind a single car...

… namely, the lukewarm shitbox affordable sporty coupe that was the foundation of the 79 GT challenge surprise contender…

This is not the submission!

… but I instead decided to tell an entire family's (or even dynasty's) story…

… that also doubles as the lore behind the performance division for my shitbox brand:

This is the submission although it looks like many others in this thread, just worse!

If you are bored, here is the full lore thread in the car sharing forum: AMM Company Thread (Mara performance division)

The inclusion of the 'any colour yellow' joke in the linked lore text actually predates karhgath's submission above (even though I am posting after him). I just hadn't gotten around to making the car brand forum threads even though the text was mostly finished, and the shade of yellow has been established back in CSR137 and the Wangan challenge. It looks a bit different here due to me trying to imitate a fiberglass appearance.

And maybe the first time where I mine isn't among the cheapest entries!

1970 Kurskian Gala GSR

Top trim sportiness, for commuter sedan price!

8 Likes

MY70 Bogliq Bodkin Sport

A budget sports coupe for the everyman enthusiast…

An inoffensively styled sports liftback for the constrained of budget driving enthusiast.

2.1L Liberty four, 4 spd manual, 2+2 seating and requires 98RON

8 Likes

collaboration with @conan

FATI 69 1.3 SMS

Sometimes size does not matter, but the fun is what matters.

Based on the popular small car with motorsport magic, FATI model 69 now receives the “SMS” badge directly from the famous tuning house “Smorgas Motorsport & Service” with DCOE carburetors, tuned up suspensions, sporty tires, and body parts.
Don’t let the small size fooling you, this FATI 69 1.3 SMS gives you more than the match against the bigger contenders, powered with 100 horsepower engine within a lightweight body of 700 kgs, pushing 0-100 within 8 seconds, a truly pocket rocket for its size.

For such a small car yet having such a big heart, but comes with an affordable price starting from $12100.

13 Likes

24 hours remaining, and 30 cars submitted:

I have cars from

@CriticalSet9849
@fasmukji
@ImKaeR
@Edsel
@Mikonp7
@vero94773
@Fletchyboy100
@kaybee
@BannedByAndroid
@VaporRossa
@SenseiB12
@Riley
@mart1n2005
@RAZR
@DuceTheTruth100
@Maverick74
@A_Harmless_Fly
@S_U_C_C_U_L_E_N_T
@Jaimz
@Petakabras
@GassTiresandOil
@Elizipeazie
@MrChips
@abg7
@Kursk
@Xepy
@AndiD
@HighOctaneLove
@z2bbgr & @conan
@karhgath

13 Likes

1970 Pusilanime Amorous

A lovely fun car.

Born from the will of Pusilanime to expand its catalogue with more affordable models, this car is some sorts of relatively cheaper and simpler Curvaceous.

More pictures

10 Likes

1970 Yamaguchi Hako

How could you say no to this adorable little guy?

starting at just $13000*

2 Likes

Where is the Bogliq showroom?

Dope designs :100: