[ALR] Automation Live Racing - New Video!

Current event: TBD

Past Events:
Event #2: Malaise Muscle - Video
Bonus Event: Utah River Run - Video
Event #3: 80’s GT - Video
Event #4: FWD Showdown - Video
Event #5: Touge Italia - Video
Event #6: Modern Muscle - Video
Event #7: Folk Racing - Video
Event #8: Kei Sports
Event #9: Luxury Highway Pull - Video
Event #10: Prerunner Stadium Challenge - Video
Event #11: Classic Sports Track Weekend - Video
Event #12: The President’s New Wheels - Video
Event #13: The Fruinian Job - Video

Automation Live Racing slow car lol

Welcome to the the place for live multiplayer racing in BeamNG! These are competitions to determine the best combination of car and driver.

To play, you will first design cars in automation according to the event spec. Next, you will need a few things:

MULTIPLAYER MOD

We will use one of two multiplayer mods for any given event.
Click for BeamMP

First, download the BeamNG Launcher from the BeamMP website. Just click “Download Client”, then unzip the file and run it. You will not have a “BeamMP-Launcher.exe”, just click it to run multiplayer. Once in BeamNG, click play, then multiplayer, and choose a guest name or make an account. You can find us on the server browser.

When you install BeamNG mods, they go in a “Resources” folder, which is in the same directory as launcher. This folder will be created when running the game or you can make it yourself.

Click for KissMP

First, download the KissMP Launcher from the BeamNG forum thread. Inside the zip file is another zip file, KISSMultiplayer.zip. This is mod itself, which you must place in your (UPDATE: BEAMNG CHANGED:) Appdata\Local\BeamNG.Drive\0.22\Mods folder. When you run the game, the KissMP UI will be present from the main menu. To use the server browser, run kissmp-bridge.exe as well.

To install BeamNG mods, place their zip files in Appdata\Local\BeamNG.Drive\0.22\kissmp_mods. This folder will be created when running the game or you can make it yourself.

THE SERVER

The server name is always "Automation Challenge (Event Name)". Search for it in the mod's server browser.

THE CAR/TRACK FILES

Every Automation car is its own mod for BeamNG. These are very slow to download in-game, so download and install them ahead of time from the dropbox! Installation instruction are in the "Multiplayer Mod" section.

DISCORD CHAT

Chat is hosted by @nev on Discord. I announce race starts in voice chat!

LIVE STREAM
Catch the race on my Twitch channel if you’re not part of the current heat.

7 Likes

If I am not mistaken, “No production flags” means “no limited production or no mass production” parts. Also, I am expecting AWD/4x4 to be prohibited entirely. And will a catalytic converter be mandatory as well?

Ah yes- I should limit it to 2WD cars. No cats are required.

Another rule edit: Fuel economy requirement decreased, from 24mpg to 21mpg. 24 was a bit strict for. RTR cars. Some of you still may need to tweak your cars to meet it though. If you’re not quite there… widen those gears. :wink:

“NO WING FIXTURES”

Not to include Splitters and Spoilers?

Splitters and Spoilers have no aerodynamic effect when exported to BeamNG, so go ahead.

Should there also be a minimum tire profile for all entrants? I’m suggesting 60 or more, with a maximum wheel diameter of 14 inches, and no magnesium rims (steel and regular alloy wheels should be OK).

Note, Consider, Fix are all no-go’s?

Ah, those are warnings. Production flags are items which say “This item reduces production efficiency” such as space frame construction, aluminum or fiberglass body panels, luxury or hand made interior, and race tubular exhaust.

Regarding minimum tire profile, that’s actually pretty reasonable for an economy car but I’d like to avoid changing the rules further unless something is really glaring. So, if you can get in under budget and within comfort requirements on 16 inch 30 profile mag wheels, I’ll give you that one. Next time I make an economy-oriented spec I will probably include a requirement for service costs, which I believe accounts for tires.

1 Like

That also accounts for camber which is good

1 Like

i have a RTR car already, but i dont find it suitable for this challenge, does that mean i can build a new one from scratch? (within the rules of course)

So this will just be down to the race as long as the car meets requirements? Sounds fun!

1 Like

I don’t think thats possible unfortunately. The width of the body around the wheels is what sets the limit and not fixtures

3 Likes

Bummer. Here you can see the problem though:

If you want it to look good on pics, take a body with the same wheelbase, but wider than your car, put the same wheels, and set one inside the other on the photo scene, then hide the wheels of the narrow car and everything but the wheels on the wider. Or just use 2 of the same car and set one sligtly offset to the side you’re going to take the pic. Here’s an extreme example, the car with the wheels and suspension is much wider than the one with the body (and longer too, but that doesn’t matter as I just wanted a rear shot.)

2 Likes

Ah! Smart technique! might try that out then!

Thanks mate

is this challenge still active?

yes, submissions close on december 2 and the event will happen on december 4

1 Like

Yes, theres still plenty of time to prepare before the deadline. So far I have two completed entries plus a couple people who I know are working on cars.

1 Like

Federal Avtotransport - Комета GT-S 1.5f

Power-train Layout: R/R
Power: 88.3hp
Torque: 89ftlbs
Overall Weight: 1832lbs

More Photos

6 Likes