Assetto Corsa Challenge - New round - GTR GT3 on Road America!

you’re asking the wrong guy :joy: I don’t know anything about the setups and how in depth/accurate these things are in AssCo. You might need to wait for someone better fit for this than me to answer you

You can check off a box that says “Penalties” in the difficulty settings (I think). So if you cut a corner or something it will tell you.

encoding my video now… This was a fun break from writing reviews today.

Can’t see any videolinks :frowning:

I’d like to allow changes to suspension, tyre pressure and Aero as a rule, but everybody has to use 30L as the default fuel load.

too late! LOL

oh well screw that then, let’s just do something and tweak this next round hahaha.

Should we say random person decides next challenge, winner decides next challenge, or we take a vote?

How about we make that into a poll

• random person decides next challenge
  • winner decides next challenge
  • or we take a vote?

0 voters

ok people I’ll upload my video when my computer is able to compress 10 gigs into somthing more uploadable :joy:

For open disclosure purposes, I drove terribly and had a massive off but managed 13:10.486, which was right on my quoted target.

wait. 13:10 with an Audi S1?

##Round 1 : Audi S1 on Trento Bondone

###Track Setting (not allowed to be altered)

Tyres: Semi Slicks
Tyre Pressure : Alterable
Fuel : 30L
Traction Control : 1 / Factory
ABS : 1 / Factory
Suspension Setup / Alignment : Alterable
Generic : Brake Power @ 95%

###(please share setups if you know how to do them)

###Please State the Controller Being Used for the Run

###Round will stay open until 9th of February

(2 weeks per round long enough?)

#GLHF

2 Likes

wut?!

I was mid 14 minutes
(With like 3 crashes/spinouts)

@koolkei
I didn’t run stability control, but I did run with penalties enabled and 2x tire wear.

I’ll still upload my vid tonite, but for next round I’ll wait until the settings are ironed out.

that’s really just so the guys without wheels could also do it competitively
or we could define a slightly different ruleset for those who have wheels

How about, those with wheels must drive with no driving aids whatsoever. That’s TC off, stability control 0% and ABS off, plus no tyre blankets.

Personally I would have run faster and probably crashed less if I had changed my settings to allow better turn-in at the cost of stability under braking. Not that the latter is much of an issue in Trento Bondone, you see. So I would have done as follows:

Front tyre pressure: 28
Rear tyre pressure: 32 (or so)
Front camber: -2
Rear camber: 0
Front Toe: 0
Rear Toe: 0
Brake power: 100%

This is more like a “drift” setup, which is what I like doing with all the cars. This will actually make your braking distance longer, but you’ll get around the corners with a slightly faster exit speed, plus will be more “chuckable”, haha. So long as you don’t chuck it straight into a barrier which I did, a number of times already :joy:

edit: just tried it with my setup… exactly the same time right down to the tenth of a second hahahaha. It just feels more fun when I drive this way, but everybody is different.

Also I feel 2 weeks is actually too long. How about 1 week? It doesn’t matter too much if you can’t get a video up, as long as you post a convincing screen shot while in the game, right?

okay. 14:13… turns out the timer start as soon as you drive. not when you started moving

also will try your setup

Oh, crap, didn’t realise everybody was running ambient temp 25. I’m running 23 because I couldn’t remember the default and I had been fiddling with everything. This being said, track temp is higher on 25, which means stickier road, which means better times, so it’s not like I’m handing myself an advantage or anything.

video is here:

btw if you want the thing to start when you actually drive, you should turn the mode to hotlap, as opposed to practice.

Edit: yes, I know I screwed up the volume balance. You’d think having my mouth Right next to the mic and the speakers ages away would be ok when I can barely hear the game sound but I’ll fix it next time!

4 Likes

yeah that setup? is one of those ‘fast’ setup but not the easy to drive fast setup was it?

i turned in 14:27 with your setup.

Given the slowness of the car and the track it makes about zero net difference. Going around the hairpins sideways or normal way is about the same, only one wears the tyres out slightly more :joy:

Take a look at the corner speeds I’m turning in with the video above. There are parts where lifting off allows you tuck the nose in more tightly into the corners (and there are parts where I get a bit too ambitious, hence the poor condition of my car’s panels by the end).

If nobody beats my time by the deadline, I’d like to propose that we go to Nordschleife in a 4C. Nordschleife is my favourite track and I’ve turned in thousands of laps on it across several sims, so I would say that unless somebody is particularly confident, everybody should use semislicks and I’ll use road tyres and no driving aids except ABS. I’ve also ascertained you’ll need at least 11L to complete the lap, I loaded up 9 and literally ran out on Döttinger Höhe.

a whole minutes more… yeah… not happening without a wheel…

Damn, this thread blew up overnight!

@strop ey, I propose a hot lap around the Nur in the 2016 Porsche 919 Hybrid :smiling_imp:

@koolkei I tried again and hit 14:30 too

@gridghost oh sorry, that’s coming soon!

That would require purchasing DLC. Do you want to go there?

I mean I’m happy to purchase all the DLC you want, but what if people aren’t willing to do that?

1 Like