Assetto Corsa Challenge - New round - GTR GT3 on Road America!

oh wow the challenge kind of… died off while I was away. If we’re still running this there will be a video from me soon!

do it. and i may try getting a new round. and see if this can be revived

I’d be interested in seeing your time strop.

First (actually second) attempt with mouse (mouse not the best tool for this particular job I must say lol, but it could be worse). Didn’t change any settings on the car. The tyres start degrading quite badly after the second lap, the car starts sliding and the rears let go a lot and the brakes turn to mush after that so I daresay good idea going with tyre blankets.

1 Like

That’s pretty damn quick.

1 Like

My try after about half an hour of no success:

1 Like

Thought it was supposed to be gamepad only.

All sounds are open to any controller, we just like to declare what is which as each method has their own advantages and limitations.

@Der_Bayer that must have been pretty hard to pull off, I will also try with G27 later! Maybe tomorrow.

ok cool.

btw I didn’t have time to go back and do the lap with the steering wheel so I’m happy to concede the round to Der_Bayer!

I don’t really have the time to spare for competing in this round either so shall we move on? No point dragging out this one, maybe a fresh challenge will be more attractive.

yup. leaving it to der_bayer? or vote? i’ll try some mix and match if we’re going voting

My PC died and I currently have no chance to try this out. So sadly I cannot arrange a new round.

How about a FF hot hatch around something like Magione?

right. a few combination i have tried (that i liked)

MX5 ND CUP on Magione. (small track. fits very nimble car. but stupid hard to get any heat on your tire)

MX5 ND CUP on Spa (huge track for such a small car is really interesting. very easy to drive. but ANY mistake will cut your laptime by half a sec. you need to be as perfect as possible)

Audi Quattro on Monza, the modern one (try handling a understeery 80s car with snap oversteer and turbolag in a high speed track)

Moby DIck at Nurburgring.

I would rather we go for a track that we haven’t been on before. So Magione or Monza sound like good options.

Moby Dick at Monza then?

Not everyone has the Porsche DLC.

1 Like

this is the setup.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/fbd9cf7f687c433991149d66df4a5bcd.png

my first run

i’m sure someone is gonna try this, and then smash the 2:10 time limit