Assetto Corsa Challenge - New round - GTR GT3 on Road America!

Is this the stock or step 1 Quattro? @koolkei

Stock one

Feeling like I got something wrong, but nonetheless, your time’s not bad actually.

That said mouse and keyboard are terrible for driving the Quattro.

I want to drive the stage 1 though :confounded:

First tries:

2:15.X should be possible for me, anything below is impossible.

Edit: default setup. If everybody says that brakes are getting so much worse, I probably should do another run :slight_smile:

My very first run:

Yeah, not the best… over 10 seconds to improve.

How did you run that many laps without the brakes melting into nothing? :joy:

Does anyone care to share a suspension setup with me?

fuck i forgot to save the new setup…

just a sec. how do i get my setup again?

i just turn on all the diff. 30psi on both front tires. 28 on both rear
-.3 deg camber on front left 0 on front right. -.2 on rear both… that’s about it really.

and yeah. the braking distance keeps increasing every lap. i dunno if that is because of tire degradation or because of brake fade though.

My next (and final) attempt:

1 Like

*gets a 2:15.1*

…Ok.
(End me)
Just watch in like three days you’ll have cracked 2:10 :joy:

2 Likes

While everyone else is running low 2:20s here I am with my best being a 2:24.696…

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

edit: still fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff but not bad for mouse and keyboard

The exercise here is: “how smoothly and how much can you cut corners without all four wheels leaving the boundaries”.

And, as in F1, the age-old debate: “Do you actually go faster if you run wide exiting Ascari?”

FUUUUUUCK

yeah. that time of mine was barely corner cutting because it was “in the spirit”. but if you guys are gonna corner cut. i’m gonna give it a shot again

almost had a 2:16.0 lap… until dad called and i fukked up. fuck that shit. i’m done

Well penalties are still on so it’s not like we’re completely blasting through the chicanes and abusing the runoff :joy: but yes, the Quattro does have a pretty high ride height… Can be handy to… Adjust… Your line.

EDIT: FINALLY NAILED IT

There’s hardly anything left in it. I was even using stupid Takumi style kerb riding to get the car to turn faster, especially around Parabolica. I might be able to shave off another 0.05s by doing it a bit more around the entry to Lesmo but that’s it. Everything else is about at the limit.

Diffs were locked on, front camber -3, rear camber 0, tyre pressures 37 all round. I saved the replay so I’ll upload that later.

Ok here’s the video of that hot lap. As you can see from the screenshot it’s a legit lap, but there was quite a lot of cutting!

3 Likes

pfft. dirty

i feel so tainted

Um. Do you have penalties on and do you have a screenshot saying that’s a legit lap? I’m pretty sure if I cut Rettifilo like that the lap would not count…

oh god it gets worse :joy: I know you can’t cut Della Roggia like that. But credit where credit is due, you do pretty much have your braking points down pat. And you’re still using a damn keyboard!

i do not know if i have penalties on or not. i think not :joy:

braking points are so hard to nail with this car. if you enter into a turn wrong. you’re gonna have a bad time. literally (pun intended) :joy:

1 Like

hey does everybody have this new Scottish Highlands location in their AssCo? I just tried it and it’s a hoot. Well, the large version is designed for very very high speed (think well over 400km/h if your car can do it, like if you had the One:1 downloaded, though it’s got buggy sound… or Adrian Newey’s X2014, which is nuts and then there’s Stage 1… must be pulling something like 12g in some of those corners, and then there’s the X2010 which appeared in GT5).

But I digress. It might be a fun track, at least, the smaller course?