Assetto Corsa Challenge - New round - GTR GT3 on Road America!

Got a 14:46 for now. I really need more practice.

yeah boi

Am I the only one that don’t think the winner should decide the next round, I think it’s more than likely it will be the same guy or just a few guys that wins every round, considering the vastly different skill levels.

Also @strop the car was way louder than you so pretty much anything you said was overpowered by the game audio.

2 Likes

now that you say it… yeah. fast guys are gonna stay fast…

i say let the slowest guy of the group or roll a dice :slight_smile:

I would say everyone should have an idea ready for a challenge and then once a round is over we roll a die and then that person puts up that round. Keep it quick and simple.

1 Like

yeah bby. keyboard warrior still stands strong

found this old mod

from here
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rivali-ov1-info-app.3128/

anyone using it? can get it to work?

Oh yeah!

Game on, people. PS2 controller on Assetto Corsa!

Does anyone know how do decrease the sensitivity of the joysticks? The graphs show a linear reaction to any input but in Assetto all the steering happens within the first 10 degrees of travel, it’s nearly impossible to steer. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Take a look around the settings, it may seem daunting at first, but start fiddling around with them, if you screw it up too bad, you can always revert to default. Oh and make sure you’re using the pad input option in settings.

I haven’t messed enough with my sensitivity settings, as you see in the video, my steering can be quite touchy. But it’s doable for now, so I live with it.

1 Like

I haven’t played AC in ages, are that car and track part of the standard game, or are they DLCs/mods?

I believe the current track and car are part of the standard game.

Another session, another personal best :stuck_out_tongue:

I couldn’t quite figure out the controller steering as well, it’s not as bad as Ram’s though. Using a Logitech F310.

and @Leonardo9613, they’re part of either the base game or the dream packs (because that is what I have), no mods.

1 Like

I shall double check but I did have to set up using custom gamepad settings to configure it to use the correct axis for steering, throttle, etc. The annoying thing is that throttle/brakes are on one axis and that is perfectly calibrated but for some reason the steering one isn’t. Would you recommend me to try something like x360ce or Motioninjoy?

Great, I’ll give it a go on the weekend then. I have to dust off my g27, haven’t used it in months.

Don’t use the MotionJoy or Motioninjoy whatever it is. That’s my advice.

for reference I use the Script software for my ps3, but I don’t know if it will work with a ps2
here’s the vid:

Additem:
If you’re running win10 theres someone in the comments who has the work-around to make it work.

Nope, I played around with steering filter and gamma and it feels natural enough now. I took a SF13-T around Silverstone national in 0:44 so I can safely say it does inspire a lot more confidence in my driving. Almost too much, because GT4 doesn’t have damage… and as Silverstone is wide there isn’t much argy bargy but then I tried this run up Trento Bondone in the S1 and less than half way the front damage was already in the red :joy:

Wuss.

I could do with no TCS but no ABS… nah mate.

@strop that was one impressive lap, you do have a really confident driving style… and I have to say it, your accent sounds so similar to my previous English teacher’s one, she was Aussie too and her accent, apart from the female intonation nuances was uncannily like yours :smile: anyway, I’ll have a go at Trento on the mouse again because the controller makes me far too aggressive on this car lol

Oh yeah, we couldn’t hear shit, strop, you were totally drowned out :joy:

So how long is this gonna go on for? Any more trials? What’s the nest round?

I need to update the OP, and would propose each round lasts a week exactly to allow everyone enough time to have multiple tries - this means we have 4 more days to go in this round. Then after this round I’d like to hand it over to strop since he does have an idea for a challenge for the next round. In the following rounds we should all have a suggestion and then a roll of a die will decide which one wins. The same person cannot host twice.

sounds good Ram. I was attempting to record a cleaner rerun with the mic gain fixed but my machine just can’t cope with 13 more minutes of FRAPS recording AC for some reason (not enough memory???) So screw it, I’ll only reattempt if somebody beats my time.

In the event they don’t, I’ve already recorded the next challenge. I initially suggested 4C around Nordschleife, but the 4C handles more like a pig in mud than a 925kg MR coupe Elise competitor. So I went with an M3 E92 but for those of you who won’t use TC or ESC I fear that you’ll find this even harder because that’s a car that really loves to get sidewaaaaaaays :joy:

With this in mind, when the round comes out I’ll refine the rules a bit. I’d like to use two tiers of rules if that’s ok with you, to cater to different levels of confidence because I suspect there are a couple of users here who could beat me at my own game.