(Credits to @MartinPL)
Welcome to the Automation Decal Design Challenge!
I need a better name but this should do for now
So I was watching the video for Crazy/Creative category of the Official Car Design Competition, right. I watched through the submissions list until I stopped at the purple “NFS Underground car”, with its simple but effective use of available decals. I was impressed, but then I thought to myself: “Why stop there?”
Essentially, in this challenge I want you to decorate a car’s body in an… unconventional fashion. I’m talking about making the most out of the Fixtures tab (which IMO is pretty limited in several ways, but some of you guys can still creatively get around the limitation anyway). The ‘decals’ may be made out of lights, badges, bumper bars, or really anything that you think would look good when you put it there.
So, what do you have in mind? Do you want to make a full body livery? Go for it! An artsy, detailed lineart decal made out of a thousand badges? Why the heck not! Or even an asymmetric, Harvey Dent-esque design? The sky (and game engine) is the limit!
Now that everything is settled, the theme for the first round is…
You know what? Just make anything that might look good.
- Use the latest version of UE4 Open Beta.
- Any car bodies are allowed.
- Any fixtures are also allowed.
- While stats/markets don’t matter, your car still needs headlights, front grille, tail lights, and door handles at the very least.
- Mods from the Steam Workshop are welcome.
- Don’t forget to have fun.
How to submit?
Send a car to me with the naming format ADDC1 - [username].
Also, post a preview picture in the thread.
- Scoring is based on the overall look of the design, the creative approach, and the attention to detail.
The deadline is held off until Automation gets more stable one day.
But feel free to post your car here anyway.
Any questions? Ask away!