Automation Detroit Auto Show 2017 [BEST IN SHOW REVEALED]

Does that include the Toy-yoyo Lexcen?

##2017 Dimension Detroit Exhibit & Press Conference

Welcome everyone to a New Year! Last Year was a very important time for our company in completely revitalizing our image, as well as say goodbye to two beloved models, the Paradox and Comanche sports cars. However rest assured this year we will not disappoint! If last year was the year of luxury and refinement, then this year is all about speed. We at Dimension recognize the sheer brand value offered by performance cars better than anyone else.

Our 2017 displays

2017 Dimension Entropy Izanami Hypercar

The legendary hypercar returns to captivate onlookers for another year. With it’s incredible performance showcased in The Racing Line Magazine’s exclusive road test, where it succesfully stood up against cars significantly more powerful or lighter, the Entropy is a true feat of engineering that will forever be etched in the automobile history.

2. 2018 Hypero V12

The Paradox was a legendary American nameplate. However all good things must come to an end due to excessive emissions that our V8s were unable to meet while retaining their light weight and reliability. But meet it’s succesor, the Hypero V12! With a silken smooth V12 powerplant and drop dead gorgeous styling, the Hypero is a more than worthy successor.

3. 2017 Supernova

The Ultimate Track Weapon returns with refreshed styling, retaining carbon fiber body panels, an incredible high revving and very powerful 2.1 liter 20 valve unit while being more usable day to day and not any more expensive than the last generation.

4. 2017 Rift SSP Turbo 4WD

Built in response to the reports of the revival of the famous Saminda C2000R, the Rift SSP takes the idea of affordable performance to it’s absolute extremes. Packing an incredibly intelligent all wheel drive system and active ride management system in addition to old fashioned brutal performance makes this one hatchback that even supercars may fear.

5. 2017 Axino 2.6 AWD

A new generation SUV with all of the luxuries and amenities of one expected today, with amazing offroad capabilities as expected from an SUV of yesterday. Shame all the mall crawlers running about by tackling the harshest offroad trails with ease.

6. 2016 Symmetry Premium

The new brand of American luxury. No more playing seconds with the offerings from Europe. Experience the refinement and comfort of a top tier luxury sedan with just premium pricing.

7. 2017 Axino 7.0 SSP

Supercar Performance. World Class Luxury. Utility. Ruggedness. All comes together in this car.

8. 2017 Tau GT31

The Comanche’s succesor offers not old school thrills at bargain prices, but rather the refinement and sheer driving joy of a 100K super GT car at just regular sports car prices. Every single aspect of the vehicle is engineered for maximum driving pleasure.

Questions will be answered during our dedicated Press Conference session.

(I always had a fetish for individual car logos. Blame Maximum Tune)

16 Likes

DEM LOGOS :grin:

3 Likes

Ahem…

Love the individual car logos! I’ve been wanting to try it out but you’ve excelled yourself here. Not to mention you’ve got a great lineup there. Particularly loving the Supernova SSP and Symmetry.

2 Likes

Erin have announced that a new AWD version of the Merna will be revealed at this years show.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ that’s awesome

5 Likes

What was that about the Auxuras Maesima flagship again?

Making her concept debut this year for 2018 production.

(Yeah I redid it since the original’s files were gone.)

10 Likes

The sports coupe market gets better and better…

Well this one’s like 350K lmao :smile:

3 Likes

If it’s anything like the original, it’s going to be crazy. In a good way.

Same motor. Just significantly more fuel efficient and ever so slightly faster.

3 Likes

i have got quite a few cars ready, nothing to extreme, but some good items. there may even be a pure concept coming too…

Is that “ever so slightly”, or “ever so slightly (tic)”?

Original car did the Ring at 7 flat. She ain’t going much quicker without extensive gutting.

Hot damn that’s fast. Can’t wait for the full reveal!

Some spoilers for the Petoskey display.

5 Likes

#Detroit 2017 - Daily Round-Up
###Pre-Show

Welcome everyone to this years coverage of the Automation Detroit Auto Show. For Splendid Auto Monthly, I’m your host, Gavin Anderson.

With the show opening tomorrow morning, the display halls are packed with thousands of people helping to finish off the many displays that we’ll be viewing over the next week and a bit. The keynote theatre has been setup, the press studio is up and running and every hotel within a 50 mile radius has been fully booked by the combined marketing department of every company in the world.

Already, a number of companies have shown off teasers of what to expect from their display, and to say the least, it looks like a very exciting start to 2017. Here’s the round-up:

Veteran muscle car maker OAM announced that the concept of the upcoming Chevalier will be on show at Detroit this year, and it looks set to take on the current muscle car line-up in the company’s usual swaggering form. Alongside this, they’re bringing a concept of the Traveller II and some of their prestigious classics to the show.

Zavir will be displaying the 7th gen Squalo this year, along with a magnesium-block V12 that’s had journalists at S.A.M. childish with excitement. We can also expect a new low-end convertible from the company in the form of the Luna Spider, along with new versions of many of their other vehicles and even a Z4500. This looks set to be one of the bigger displays this year.

River Automotive stated that they “should showcase something”, but no details have arisen since. More to follow.

Exciting news came on Sunday when Meliora announced that some new prototypes and concepts would be at the show, more to follow.

IMP have announced that plethora of vehicles from their sub-brands will be at the show, including new sedans and a hatchback. It seems that they could dominate in the passenger vehicle category of this year’s show. More exciting is the promise of “a carbon fibre Minivan” - we wait in anticipation for what this will turn out to be.

JHW are showing off their 2017 model line-up, though no further details have been given since.

Some rumours were circulating earlier this week that Gryphon Gear would be on display at the show, but they’re keeping it very well hidden if they are coming along.

Vanguard Automtive make their Detroit debut with a brand hatchback called the Valaencia R3, powered by a small range of i3s, while sister company Picasso will be displaying their new Equinox GT which looks set to take on the mid-range luxury coupe market. They have a keynote on January 10th, which we’ll be attending.

DSD made an exciting annoucnement earlier this week; they’re showing off an all new Hybrid. Called the Sambar, it’s using a bespoke, brand new hybrid system, powered by a Maesima-designed engine. DSD Racing will also be at the show, bringing along a specially tuned version of the Maesima MRZ-3. A new military vehicle, called the SFRAV (isn’t that just fecking awesome) will also be on show.

Arzami’s companies will be on display this year; more to follow.

Balatzar teased us earlier this year when the front page of their website was changed to the company’s “RS” logo - more to follow.

A group of RMW enthusisasts will be bringing along an-all classic lineup including the 1975 Cerberus. Despite the companies collapse in 2008, their heritage is still very strong thanks to their dedicated fans who have helped to organise this.

Puttzalong will be displaying for the first time this year, bringing along the all new Venice executive sedan. Powered by a range of i6s and V8s, it looks set to try and undercut the current executive sedan market with low prices.

Storm Automotive’s latest Shadow will be on display, and it’s an all electric super saloon!

Mott Works played a lazarus on us and are believed to be “revising 3 cars from early on in their history”

ADV gave us a sneak peak of their HUD Concept a few days ago, more details on the way.

A big announcement came on Wednesday when Dimension showed us what they were bringing to the display: a whole army of vehicles, including the updated Entropy, brand new Hypero, Supernova and much more. A press conference has also been organised. To say the least, this is one of the most anticipated displays of the show.

Erin annoucned on Thursday that a new AWD version of the Merna would be on the display, as well as the upcoming Visto, which finally replaces the long outdated Mk 4 version of the supermini.

Petoskey put some sneak peaks of their display on Twitter this afternoon, including a brand new utility vehicle and what appears to be a chrome-clad performance V8. More to follow.

It certainly looks set to be an action packed show. Join us tomorrow when things really will have got under way.

- Gavin Anderson

Show is open as of midnight GMT (3 hours from this post essentially). Here’s to an awesome show!

13 Likes

@DeusExMackia
@szafirowy01

Announcement from Airborne Automotive

Okay folks, we’re heading to Detroit. Can’t wait to see you, our fans! We’ll showcase our pretty neat car attacking pretty neat market which is Land of Everything That’s Weird, that’s Japan! Plus, for a teaser, here’s a pic of our prototype from 1990 which we can FINALLY show again to you. Hypera, maybe some old folks will remember it :wink:

PS. I won’t be present on the show. I sent my best marketing manager Mei instead. Maybe she can answer all your questions :slight_smile: Sorry, I just have something “eww” about Detroit and I don’t like to go there, so expect me in main headquarters in Tarnów.

~CEO

9 Likes

We weren’t exactly sure if we could showcase something, but i can safely confirm that river automotive will be showcasing three classic cars from 1970 & perhaps a surprise if we are able to finish it in time.