Body Suggestions

Many of the designs I like have already been discussed, but I would like to add something to the narrow truck suggestions. The Chevy C series has already been mentioned however something along the lines of the S-10, the Ford Ranger line, and similar vehicles by many other companies (particularly US and Asian companies it seems) should also be included. I know trucks wont be a focus of the game but they are rather popular in some circles. Personally, Id love to see the S-10 added for personal reasons but that type in general would be good in my opinion. Possibly some of the larger designs (F-250/350 series) if you are going to add fleet type contracts. I dont know if it would be worth it for just regular sales though as I think most are purchased for work type vehicles. I could be mistaken there though.

Basically, a few full sized and light trucks with the option of heavy duty if corporate orders will be in the game.

Also, throwbacks like the already mentioned PT Cruiser would be nice but dont forget about others like the Chevy HHR.

I agree with killrob that posting a ton of different designs would not be practical to implement, but what about doing a generic version of many of the classes (like listing the S-10 and Ranger class truck as one style). It would simplify their implementation in the game and also keep the in game interface from being cluttered with huge lists of designs that will probably have to have generic names for copyright purposes. This has probably already been gone over, though.

I guess it’s too late now, but why do not take the same design system of Detroit?

I mean to have the possibility for each category of car to choose between several differents kinds of front, middle and rear body, and even front and rear bumber, and after to have also the possibility to set manually how large and long will be each part.

Maybe it’s too complicated, too late or too long to add this feature in the game, but I think the player should feel more free to design his own car with this system, even if he’s just able to choose between 5 different kind of parts for an hatchback, by example. The possibility to mix everything should give more the impression to the player to create something new (even if it’s not really the case lol), more “playful” than to choose between entire bodies already designed for him…

Ahh yeah, we did look at that system but we couldn’t work out a good way of doing it (technically).

Also yes, considering we’ve put in about 6 months of work into the car design system now, its unlikely to change!

[quote=“Daffyflyer”]

Ahh yeah, we did look at that system but we couldn’t work out a good way of doing it (technically).

Also yes, considering we’ve put in about 6 months of work into the car design system now, its unlikely to change![/quote]

This is what I thought… Never mind, maybe for Automation 2 :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess the main difficulty was to mix different 3d parts and to get something “clean” at the end, right?

a few more the new Ram trucks (all models including the diesels )

1985 dodge w150 aka (power ram 150) prospector package

all the american trucks from 1940s and up :slight_smile: (wishful thinking ?)

Exactly, its almost impossible to make a whole pile of different parts that actually line up with each other, and if you did, the fact that they had to line up would mean they could never be much different from each other.

And wow there are some long lists here, expect to see 1% of them in game :smiley:

You’re assuming that modding community will be unexistant.

My #1 wish would be a late 60’s pony car. Wide and sleek, pronounced coke-bottle profile, and an intimidating front end.

Most modders usually just convert car models from an excisting game to another. With the way Automation is centered around reshaping and tweaking of the cars, most modders will shy away from it in favor of easier mods for larger mainstream games.

Besides, Daffy and Zeussy might want to release more car bodies as DLC when the main game is finished. I find it perfectly understandable if they wouldn’t want direct competition from modders giving away their converted works for free, robbing them of sales that would help financing the game.

1. Daffy and Zeussy have already said, that the game will be as moddable as engine permits.
  2. They’ve also said, that only major updates (like motorsport expansion, or hybrid/electric vehicles expansion) won’t be free. The question is, are more car bodies major updates? What do you think?
  3. Also, of course most modders just convert car models, but not all.

I don’t suggest exact cars, I rather suggest body-styles. 4-5 of each of these body-styles would add enough variety to the game. I’ll write some examples, but I suggest them just to describe the body-type.

-1945-1950 compact car (Fiat Topolino, 1947 Crossley, 1946 Austin 10)
-1945-1950 european style sedan (Mercedes V170, Lancia Ardea, Austin A40 Devon, Peugeot 203)
-1945-1950 sports car (MG TD, Alfa Romeo 6C 2300, Jaguar XK 120)
-1945-1950 american style sedan ('47 Ford, '48 Buick, '49 Hudson, 1949 Chevrolet fastback)
-1945-1950 luxury car (Rolls-Royce Silver Dawn, '47 Packard, '47 Cadillac)

-1951-1964 compact car (Renault 4CV, Fiat 500, Goggomobil, Austin A30)
-1951-1960 european style small-mid family car (Fiat 1100, Austin A40 Cambridge)
-1951-1960 european style large family car (Peugeot 203, Simca Vedette, Opel Kapitan)
-1951-1957 american style sedan (1952 Ford, 1954 Olds, 1955 Chevrolet <- shoebox shaped cars )
-1958-1964 american style sedan (1958 Plymouth Fury, 1959 Pontiac, 1960 Caddy <- land yachts with big fins)
-1951-1960 sports car (Aston Martin DB2/4, Triumph TR3, Austin Healey 100, 1956 Corvette)
-1951-1960 luxury car (Mercedes W186, 1955 Packard Carribean)

-1961-1970 european style small-mid family car (Opel Kadett A, Ford Cortina Mk1, Alfa Romeo Giulia, BMW 2002)
-1961-1970 european style large family car (Fiat 2300, Peugeot 404, Opel Diplomat A)
-1965-1970 american style sedan (1965 Ford Fairlane, 1965 Chevrolet Impala, 1966 Dodge Coronet)
-1965-1972 american muscle car (1966 Mustang, 1967 Camaro, 1969 Dodge Charger)
-1961-1970 sports car (1962 Lotus Elan, Ferrari 275GTB, Iso Rivolta)
-1961-1970 luxury car (Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow, 1961 Lincoln, 1968 Cadillac)

more to follow :slight_smile:

[quote=“Kubboz”]1. Daffy and Zeussy have already said, that the game will be as moddable as engine permits.
2. They’ve also said, that only major updates (like motorsport expansion, or hybrid/electric vehicles expansion) won’t be free. The question is, are more car bodies major updates? What do you think?
[/quote]

The game will be open to modding, yes, however it is quite a complicated system to mod, and car bodies are quite difficult to make for it, however when we are later in the process i’m going to write some tutorials on how to do it (probably after the game is released)

Car bodies alone might not be an expansion but a bunch of car bodies, a bunch of new engine types and some other features might all go together into an expansion perhaps.

We don’t really care about modders competing against our work, many games have been sucessful due to a strong modding community (A similar example to us would be Street Legal Racing Redline, an otherwise fairly poor game, with a very strong modding community)

A shame the only good thing in SLRR was the ability to build your car.
I’m just waiting to put many of my wheels into this :stuck_out_tongue:

Well you should indeed be able to put wheels in, but its not super simple, start reading up on Morph Targets :smiley:

The game will be open to modding, yes, however it is quite a complicated system to mod, and car bodies are quite difficult to make for it, however when we are later in the process i’m going to write some tutorials on how to do it (probably after the game is released)

Car bodies alone might not be an expansion but a bunch of car bodies, a bunch of new engine types and some other features might all go together into an expansion perhaps.

We don’t really care about modders competing against our work, many games have been sucessful due to a strong modding community (A similar example to us would be Street Legal Racing Redline, an otherwise fairly poor game, with a very strong modding community)[/quote]

The last few Paradox titles are only playable because of the modding community as well imo.

I’m confused already :laughing:
Still… my wheels are worth it!

i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/Stew2000/3D%20models/th_Tweel-2.jpg i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/Stew2000/3D%20models/th_shot-1.jpg i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/Stew2000/3D%20models/th_C-X75.jpg i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/Stew2000/3D%20models/th_2-1.jpg i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/Stew2000/3D%20models/th_JCW-3.jpg

Those look rather good! :slight_smile:

Okay, thanks for clearing that up Daffy.:slight_smile:

Oh, and those wheels look nice Stew. The first one, the “runflat” one, seems particulary interesting.

It’s a Michelin Tweel. :slight_smile:

Getting on topic… I’m waiting to see a pic of a body that resembles a Falcon XB GT :stuck_out_tongue:

1st 2nd 3rd generation Camaro Trans Am
C1 C2 C3 C4 CORVETTES
PICKUP TRUCKS
LAMBO’S FERRARI’S AND MASERATI’S