BRC 1966 - Gentleman Brobots Club [RACE 7 P&Q]

[quote=“strop”]Oh, I think I know what my problem is then! I didn’t finish cleaning out old files from previous builds and I note in the log that whenever I start up Automation it has difficulty with a great deal many of my files but otherwise works fine. I’ll flush them out and see if this fixed my problem.

EDIT: wait, no, then why would 3 of my 4 BRC test builds work just fine and this particular one that I actually want to send it not!?[/quote]

I’ve deleted the “old” and “thumbs” folders from engines and cars folders and now i can load any car!! :smiley:

EDIT: with the old tool

EDIT 2: the new tool won’t load the trim with the “old” and “thumbs” folders also… but if i remove them, it works fine!

Der Bayer
if this

is set up at 20% (as default), does is mean that stop will occur when there is only 20% tyre life left of 80%?

And does tyre degradation leads to slower lap times or more chance to crash? Aaaand also what are damage effects (or maybe better how severe are they)?

:slight_smile:

The tool doesn’t like “Caps” , my name is exported as " obthe iend". Looks very strange.

Off-topic, but I figure I should let people know just to minimize future confusion: I’m actually a trans woman. I figured it out late 2014, but I’ve been taking my time with coming out, because I abhor awkward conversations. I know it’s almost entirely irrelevant to the competition, but I figure someone is likely to refer to me with pronouns sooner or later, and they might as well be the right ones. :wink:

Anyway, on to the actual topic: ponies.

I mentioned before that I wanted to build an FF or RR car for this, but when I decided to build an FR Trans-Am car on a lark, I ended up with this rockstar right here. It’s not got the highest top speed of the test cars I built and it’s not got the best cornering, either, but it’s close - and it’s got almost zero tyre scrub at any speed, relatively mild camber front and rear, 275 horsepower from an all-aluminium 3.3L V8, and a big enough tank to run 90-minute races with only a single pit stop for fuel. I’m feeling really good about it. :smiley:

Hopefully this will be the #33 car, that being my finishing position in the 1955 BRC.

Sorry, no pony.

Riso Motors Hornet GT66R.
Mid-engined 226 HP V12, 908 kg.

I don’t know how my car will perform on tyres and fuel so I just set two pit stops at default lap 20/40.

No, I don’t like the headlights that much either but there’s hardly a place for them on the fender. Racing cars also don’t need indicators.

(a) I love that body. Didn’t use it myself, but I love it. (And yeah, the headlights are a bit dopey, but that’s cute. :stuck_out_tongue:)

(b) Remember pit stops are at percentages - if you’re having two, they should probably be at 33 and 67, 35 and 65, 40 and 60 … something like that. The defaults are set up for a 4 pit stop race.

© Reposting my formula for estimating fuel consumption:

Estimated Race Fuel Consumption [in kg] = (Time of Race [in hr]) * (Engine Economy @ Max Power RPMs [in g/kWh]) * (Engine Power @ Max Power RPMs [in kW]) * 1 kg/1000 g * r
…with r likely in the range 0.44 < r < 0.61 for low-fuel-consumption tracks like the Automation Test Track (point estimate 0.52) and 0.53 < r < 0.75 for high-fuel-consumption tracks like Norisring (point estimate 0.64).

You can eyeball the numbers from the in-game graphs or read off the exact numbers for engine economy and power from the Results/Curves section of the engine variant .lua file - example:

Results={ AdjustedAFR=12.75, AverageCruiseEcon=453.43594397352001, BaseEcon=338.99330784286002, BaseTorque=293.31209796106998, BaseVE=0.93100000000000005, CoolingRequired=88.864391049931996, Curves={ ...] { 6500, -- <-- this is the engine RPMs 199.28471402951001, 135.65301510020001, -- <-- this is the power in kW 523.85505501344005, -- <-- this is the economy in g/kWh 23.536122865397001, RPM=6500 } --[table: 0x0f26e668]], ...] PeakPower=135.65301510020001, PeakPowerRPM=6500, -- <-- this is the RPMs for peak power (i.e. the RPMs to check in the Curves, above) ...]

To get fuel tank size, open the Trim .lua file, search for “Footprint”, multiply the dimensions, divide by 10000 (m^2/cm^2), and multiply by 7.

(Using the most pessimistic estimates, my car’s race fuel consumption would be 118.5 kg - one pit stop on a 61.2 kg tank.)

1 Like

That’s a very informative post, thanks. Might actually cause me to retune my engine for better high rpm economy!

Thanks for the info Packbat! if you are correct, I can almost do a race per tank :smiley: can we part-refuel?

Just refuel on the first pitstop, new tyres on the others.

Here is my gentleman’s ride, Smooth Aristide. 200HP V6 and 800kg of pure economy :wink:

I like it! Very nice.

Edit: I just retuned my engine a bit for high perf fuel usage. I lost some track time but will probably save 20kg fuel!

Seconded - great use of fixtures, particularly the chrome.

@Riso: Yep - the actual fuel usage is determined by actual race RPMs, so it’s high-rev economy that’s crucial.

@AirJordan: Der Bayer can confirm, but I believe refueling is either a full tank or enough to finish the race with 2 laps surplus, whichever is more. So partial refueling is the default.

Fuel amount is always as much as neccessary until next stop or race end.

@Der Bayer: That’s “next fuel stop”, right?

Correct :slight_smile:

My entry, too bad the tire size is maxed at 620mm, would need a bit larger.
If i want 225mm width, i’m limited to 12" rims(220mm brakes).
At 13"rim, the max tire width is 205mm.

Mmph - rough. I’d probably just live with the brake fade, but that’s your call.

(That’s … a weird looking car. Unique. Love the color, though!)

There is something in windows 10 that prevents me from opening the BroBot file, is anybody else having this issue?

Managed to slice some more time out of this things lap time’s whilst remaining barely legal. Here is my car, the Griffin Ddraig:

Can you guys tell me how did you do to get the Not-Miura and the Not-Pantera body?

Our project was started this morning and strangely looks like Rob’s one. Rob I hope you don’t hire some of my employees :smiley: