BRC 1976 - Under Pressure [E8-Q]

That was the plan, but no, I didn’t make it.

What about this weekend? Any updates?

We are discussing currently. I will probably not be available any time soon during normal race times, so the finals will have to be done without me :frowning:

How about abnormal times? We already had one race in the middle of the week right? Anyway I’m really looking forward to this and dammit I don’t want it to be this sunday cause I’ll not be able to watch live :fearful: But let’s just get it done, I want to see that amazing lottery and than we can move on… to… you know… bugging you when’s the next brc gonna be…you know… the usual :wink:

1 Like

For sure not this Sunday.

1 Like

#BUT IT WILL BE ON THIS SUNDAAAAY!

#PREPRARE YOURSELF FOR THE LAST RACE OF THE BRC 1976 EDITION!

######Psst@pyrlix… the link?

14 Likes

The link? Yes here

10 Likes

Hype level 104 reached, this is gonna be epic.

2 Likes

We couldn’t have asked for a more fitting conclusion to the season!

1 Like

There is no countdown… at what time are we racing?

Today, 20:00 CET

2 Likes

I didn’t know the time, thanks! Strangely I don’t get this screen when I click the link, that’s why I asked

1 Like

Sorry guys, but that’s it. I won’t participate anymore.
Standing 4 Minutes(!!!) in the Pits while the Pitcrew is doing nothing?
Last race the same thing happened and literally noone cared!
There is no point in building cars and watching races for hours, if the outcome is determined by bugs and pure luck.

I still remember “the good old days” with prerecorded races.
We didn’t have those bugs then. And we didn’t have a crash where we lost the whole fu***** race and had to start over.

Sorry, I don’t know what’s going on on Pyrlix’s machine. Now please stop behaving like a child. I’m doing my best and am frustrated, too.

14 Likes

I did not mean to come across as overly mean towards you, just ranting against people that are basically laughing at Mer_at’s problems and being happy at the problems that occured because it either did not affect them, or helped them.
Please keep working on this, hopefully you will find what is causing the pit bug, standing in the pits for multipl minutes does completely throw a race for people :frowning:

1 Like

I don’t too - i deactivated Anti-Virus tools, Overclocks, did a test before the stream (as always) with full stream-setup.So i can’t actually find the problem.
1966 was with almost no problems, and that was done via local-streamed race - no issues at all.

There is always a component of luck in these races, because of rain and driver errors, but those bugs are hard to find. We want to rectify that problem - we don’t want these bugs.
Don’t blame anyone for this, and don’t blame @Der_Bayer. He is doing the a great job here, and he is doing everything for free - you watch and participate here for no-charge. He can always say “Fuck 'yall” and no more BROBOT simulations would happen.
Which would be - in my opinion - a very sad thing. The BROBOT caused one of the best race-series in the Automation community.

Don’t laugh about anyones problem - don’t blame anyone for that outcomes. Look at big devs: This last stream our teamviewer session cut out 10-15 times. And thats a proprietary software done by a big softwareteam.
Now look at BROBOT - done by ONE guy.

9 Likes

I completely understand that it is frustrating and not acceptable, as you invest quite a lot of time in this challenge, too. I do my best to fix whatever is happening. There was a patch for this race which tried to fix it… It’s not like I’m not trying…

12 Likes

Official statement from the ErinSport Press Office
We’d like to say thank you to everyone for making this the most exciting season of BRC yet. Congratulations to @HowlerAutomotive on an impressive victory, and thank you to all the competitors that we personally diced with throughout the championship - it certainly made for some excellent racing!

Thank you to our official sponsors Martini, among others, we know that you probably made nothing out of sponsoring in this championship but hey! We now look forward to BRC 1987 and all the drama that will bring. It’s been an excellent few months following this and with any luck, we’ll have the same again next time BRC comes to town.

6 Likes

It’s been a good first season for us, all things considered. After all, were the fastest rear engined, rear wheel drive pickup truck. Infact, it was almost like the competition wasn’t even there.
###Margaret The Truck will be back!

11 Likes

Very happy with a 12th place overall for my first BRC season. It was a very entertaining season and I cant wait for the next one. Thanks to all of you that go into putting this together.

2 Likes