bxDroid's Random Vehicle Lot

Here’s the place where I place my random creations I made for no reason. Well, things that aren’t from the major brands that I made, simply speaking.

List of vehicles:

2000 GeTrax SkyCoupe

History

March 1995: Famous British inventor Toby Clark Peterson published his book “New Age Transport: What Holds the Future of Movement”. On that book, he predicts that the future of automobiles lies on air-based door-to-door transportation and “normal” road cars will soon be history by the year 2020.

April 1996: With the investment from the Japanese tech firm Nishikawa Inc, Toby went on to found GeTrax in Oxford. GeTrax is founded to develop “air-based personal and family mobility vehicles”, including flying cars.

May 1996: Project A01, GeTrax’s first (and last) project has started internally.

July 1997: The Asian economic crisis has arrived. The project came to an abrupt halt due to financial issues.

September 1997: Toby Clark Peterson announces that he is resigning as CEO of the company, due to a scandal involving himself.

December 1997: GeTrax is now officially acquired by Nishikawa Inc.

March 1998: Project A01 is now restarted thanks to improved economic conditions.

March 1999: The result of Project A01, aka the SkyCoupe flying car is shown to the public. Featuring a removeable wing module, and a lightweight design, combined with a low price the SkyCoupe is planned to be “the mass market flying car”.

January 2000: A new factory is built in northern Wales, as the main factory for GeTrax to produce the SkyCoupe and other vehicles.

April 2000: The SkyCoupe is officially on sale and it was priced at $29,200 for the base model.

June 2000: GeTrax is on trouble as the company is having serious financial issues. Days later, the company’s spokesman has announced the end of SkyCoupe production due to lower-than-expected sales.

December 2000: the final SkyCoupe has officially left the factory. Total production units: 55.

January 2001: GeTrax announces bankruptcy after unable to make up ends. Most of the company’s assets were sold to Nishikawa Inc. and other companies.

Specs
SkyCoupe
Construction AHS Steel Space Frame, Aluminium Panels
Seating 4 Seats
Engine 899cc Inline 3 Turbo + Dual Rear-Mounted Propellers
Horsepower 110 hp @ 7000 RPM
Torque 112 Nm @ 4600 RPM
Top Speed 236 km/h
0 - 100 8.6 s
Max Air Speed 200 km/h
Service Ceiling 9000 m
Useful Load 200 kg
Range 345 km
Wings Fiberglass, Removeable
Weight (with wings) 695 kg
Price $29,200
More Pictures!

(This was an entry to CSR124 but I feel it’s a bit too risky to launch something like this and get binned so I decide that I’ll just post it here anyway.)

15 Likes

Given that this is the first time I’ve seen anyone build anything even remotely resembling a flying car, this is a surprisingly convincing first attempt.

1 Like

Agreed. It’s so random and unique that you gotta love it!

sike, another chinese suv from me again
and yay my first proper ad

The all-new HMC Voyage SUV.
Embrace the roads.

全新杭汽长征SUV,勇闯天下。

God made the roads. We conquer it. And the best tool to conquer the roads is the HMC Voyage. The new Voyage comes with an all-new design that ensures that everyone is conquering it with style and substance. And its just as stylish inside, too, with an improved structure, each ride is always a smooth, comfortable experience.

Powering the Voyage is an advanced direct-injected 3.7L turbo V6, with an improved focus on higher performance, better fuel economy and improved throttle response. And it’s paired with an advanced 7-speed automatic, which means fast response times, excellent performance, and high fuel efficiency.

At HMC, interior design and technology is also prioritized. With an all-new infotainment system, speakers from Harman Kardon, Nappa leather seats, and more, which means every ride on the Voyager is a next-level experience for all 6 passengers on-board.

Safety is also a major concern for most vehicle owners, but every Voyage owner will be glad to hear that the SUV is fully equipped with the latest safety systems, ranging from smart driving assists to 12 airbags on the Premium model for ensuring the maximum safety for the passengers onboard.

And its all coming to America, right at your doorstep.

Visit your local HMC dealer for more info and book a test drive.

Untitled_small

中国浙江省杭州市
杭州汽车股份有限公司
© 2015 HMC Group. All rights reserved.

7 Likes