Can't Wait for the Inline 6!

Really looking forward to the next update! Much more for the I6 engines than the turbochargers, really. I LOVE the inline 6 engine platform, I’ve owned 5 BMW’s with inline 6’s, and each one has been fantastic. One was actually turbocharged… how convenient. :slight_smile: Can’t wait to recreate the M20 and M30 in game.

That brings up a good point… Will there ever be an option for choosing between a timing belt and timing chain?

Noooooooo! :stuck_out_tongue:

Rofl… fine with me. Timing belts suck anyway, IMHO.

Then you will be very glad to hear that we have timing belts ONLY xD hehe
It would be too much effort to do more than one option… just think of all the possible combinations of engines and heads now… then think how many more engine configurations will become available, and then double that. Yeah, not really worth it. The only place you would be seeing the effect of a timing belt vs. chain is the service costs and weight anyway. Not really very intriguing for so much work.

The only reason it would even matter is that the M20 is timing belt, whereas the M30 is timing chain. I always wished my M20’s had a timing chain though… I really don’t think it’s too important of an option in Automation… I was just curious if it would ever come around.

Whatever, I’lll be happy to build my dream M20 with a timing chain. :smiley:

Btw… I’m more psyched about this game than any other game that has come out in the last 10 years! This is exactly the game I’ve wanted for a looong time… Even if I don’t understand everything about building an engine yet.