Centered Lights (third brake lights)

Something I’m missing currently in the game is some centered lights or third brake lights. Now all lights are always duplicated left and right. However, many cars feature centered tail lights for braking nowadays and some feature even more elaborate designs (lights across the trunk). Would it be possible for the Automation team to add some lights like these. It could really help making the designs stand out much more from the rear.

P.S. Sorry for the large images.

Like these?

I think what OP means is a separate fixture, like in the exhausts tab, that acts as a singular light light fixture.

1 Like

I know it’s possible to assemble massive light fixtures like that, but for a cheap central high brake light, as required by US law for the last 30 years, it’s currently extremely tough to get to look right.

1 Like

I understood what the OP meant. It is already possible now, but requires a little work. It would probably have to be done as a grill though, and not as an exhaust, if it were done by someone as a separate fixture.

I didn’t think it was really difficult to do on my car. The array under the license plate was far more complicated!

[quote=“07CobaltGirl”]I understood what the OP meant. It is already possible now, but requires a little work. It would probably have to be done as a grill though, and not as an exhaust, if it were done by someone as a separate fixture.

I didn’t think it was really difficult to do on my car. The array under the license plate was far more complicated![/quote]

Could also be done as a badge.

True!

Great that guys already do it, but I would rather have the Automation team provide us a couple with a new tab or something like that.

why a tab? just add them to the rear lights

If they can do without I would be happy with that, however it seems that whether items are added left and right or centered seems to be group tied. Tail lights are currently set to be mirrored left and right.

Also I do not believe they would add it to a centered items tab like the badge or grills tab. That’s a solution for modders, but not for a game company I would think. So it is either a seperate tab or mixed in with the tail lights, if possible.

Complicating the matter is the fact that a large majority of Center High Mounted Stop Lamps are actually mounted inside the cabin and shine through the rear windscreen.

True, but in the worst case we can ignore those I think. There are plenty of cases where they are in the trunk or in the top edge near the rear window.

Rear lights cannot be centered.

Well, they can be offcenter at center so they technically could be added there, but they really wouldn’t look right as they’d be two pieces.

They’d really belong on their own (unlikely and crowded) or in with grills, or bonnets (not sure it would work), or badges, which are all centered items.

Or perhaps a place on the UI could be found to allow toggling between centered and mirrored fittings, for all available fittings. So you could do a car with a center headlight, or a split lip, or a central boot handle (Something that’s bothered me not being able to do), or a central exhaust.

This.

Currently I put an oversized badge on the tailgate of hatchbacks and wagons to simulate the European “badge is also a handle”, but for some designs it just doesn’t work.

Can we fix this issue maybe now or in the future with the new Unreal Engine version of Automation? It seems more flexible.

Yes, that should be pretty easy to do now I think, fixtures are more generic now I think.

1 Like

You’re already able to do this with Razyx’s strip lights mod, it’s a grille.

1 Like

This is not about mods, but the base game.