Chimera Motor Company

Chimera Motor Company

The Chimera badge represents a unity of American and European engineering. The Jackalope, which is considered a chimera, stands as a reminder of the company’s origins in Wyoming.

Chimera Motor Company, colloquially referred to as Chimera is an American automobile manufacturer. Isaac Cooper started the company on October 15, 1955. Isaac Cooper was born in Newcastle, Wyoming. Cooper graduated magna cum laude in the Oxford Engineering Department in 1951. He would then return to Wyoming in 1953 and just two short years later, Chimera Motor Company would be established.

1955 Chimera Cruiser

The Cruiser was the first car produced by Chimera Motor Company and was overall a wild success. The car came equipped with comfortable seats, a 2.0L I4 engine, and lots of chrome! The engine produced a measly 71 horsepower, but in 1955 that was all you needed to go cruising down any main street and get you to work on time. The car hit 60 miles per hour in a time so slow that it isn’t even worth mentioning and if you had a long enough straight you could hit 91mph.

2 Likes

1955 Chimera Celeste

The 1955 Chimera Celeste was the car for the people, and boy did they buy it. The car was sold everywhere in the United States for just $8000. The Celeste used the same engine from the '55 Cruiser but the Celeste’s smaller chassis and body improved the performance of the vehicle in its everyday use. While the car was not nearly as luxurious as the Cruiser it was perfect for the average American family. The car made an average of 21 miles per gallon. At the time the Celeste was the 2nd most fuel-efficient vehicle in its class, the first being $200 dollars more expensive. The car continued to sell for another eight years before being replaced by the second generation model.

1 Like

2019 Chimera Manticore

Trim seen above is CGS with Cerulean paint

Other trims will be revealed soon

CGS Specs
  • 2.5L Inline 5 Engine
  • 360hp @ 7500rpm
  • 7 Gear Dual Clutch
  • 4 Door/ 4 Seats
  • 3915 lbs
  • $36,720
  • 19in colored alloy rims
  • 0-60mph in 4.4 seconds
  • AWD
  • Top Speed: 160mph

I’d like to thank @Holts for helping me design the headlights.

1 Like

That looks proper good.

1 Like

Thank you, I admittedly was very worried what people would think of it.

This one could be an STI rival, and the metallic blue exterior color reinforces its mission statement even further, as does its big wing at the back.

1 Like

2019 Chimera Synergy - painting a picture of unity on the roads

The all-new Chimera Synergy was built from the ground. All the newest technology has been implemented into the Synergy. This includes ChimeraSafe, full-color HUD that comes with Google Maps, onboard 4G LTE as well as infrastructure for 5G onboard Wi-Fi. The new infotainment screen is faster than ever, operating at 144Hz. Bang & Olufsen® Sound System has come in to design a 13-speaker sound system (600 watts) built just for the Synergy.

Of course, when it comes to a Chimera supercar you want something that will throw your head back when you put your foot on the gas. To accommodate for that the Synergy is equipped with a 4.8L V10 that produces 586 horsepower at 9000rpm and 419 ft-lb @6100rpm. The Synergy revs to 9000rpm in under a second, this is so fast that an onboard computer will shift into second gear for you. The incredibly fast rev speed allows for the Chimera to achieve 0-60 in just over 3 seconds and if you have a long enough road you can achieve a top speed of 190 miles per hour.

Click here to listen to the engine rev.

The Chimera will go on sale at a base MSRP of $192,000 and will come in a selection of 16 different paints.

3 Likes

Hoooooooly shit how do you make those lights? They’re incredible!

I used the modular lights mod on the steam workshop. I highly recommend you play around with it. It’s a very useful tool.

I have it, but I didn’t know that kind of thing was possible! I’ll be sure to mess around with it.

1 Like