Concept cars you wish existed or will come to life soon!

Erm… Certainly not that.

But yes please, Mazda.

2 Likes

Bentley Hunaudières

VW’s 8.0 W16, 623BHP. In 1999.
This thingus led to the birth of Bugatti Veyron.

3 Likes

Nuclear reactor? Yes please.

Oh god… that reminds me of that weird cadillac nuclear car myth that went around the internet where nobody even stopped to think a nuclear reactor needs like 2 feet of lead and 6 feet of concrete around it.

This was the Ford Nucleon, a scale model in '58 to hypothesize what a car with a nuclear reactor would look like.

The definition of retrofuturism

2 Likes

By 2069 nuclear powered cars are apparently going to be a thing according to fallout.

4 Likes

GM had a go as well, The Thorium Cadillac can run for 100 Years on 8 Grams.

2 Likes

HOLY COW - You just invented stoner country! That’s a perfect name for a song :joy:

This is exactly the thing i was talking about earlier

That sounds perfect for a zombie apocalypse car :smiley:

1 Like

Seems more like a car that would trigger an apocalypse than one that would be used for survival

1 Like

Just think, you stop to fill up, and you won’t need another fill up for twenty five years.

2 Likes

My favorites were:
Cadillac Cien
Chrysler ME-412
Chrysler Turbine
But those were already mentioned.
Another one I found interesting was the Jeep Hurricane Concept.

I had a hotwheels car of that hurricane

I do have one lying around somewhere. I would look for it, but alas, I’m too lazy.

At first glance I thought that thing looks like an Audi R8… then I noticed that it’s called the Hun audi ères
Can’t be because of the date… but who knows… maybe Audi dug that one up and went with it.

Since I mentioned Audi… time for something from them.

The Audi Quattro Spyder Concept from 1991;

Very elegant and clean. It was aluminium bodied with a mid-engined 174hp 2.8L V6 mated to a 5-speed manual and all wheel drive. It weighed 1100kg (2425lbs)

3 Likes

Makes me think of an expensive version of the Mitsubishi Eclipse at a glance.

Looks really clean. If it were real, I’d buy it.

Hunaudières is a name for a back straight from the Circuit De La Sarthe. And I don’t think that has anything to do with Audi.

1 Like