Continual Bug, Can't play

So, I don’t know what is causing this, but some days it happens once, and I can play, other times it keeps doing this, and I can’t play.

This is the only “error” it throws, and the game logs return nothing. This issue has continued through a fresh install.

1 Like

I actually had the same kind of problem at some point. I’m not sure it’s exactly the same, but my solution was to delete the Automation folder in My documents or somewhere similar (my path was My documents > My games), then verify the file integrity on Steam so it’ll install the needed files. This will erase all your cars and saved games, (back them up, if you care) but for me, it worked.

Alternatively, you can dive into the Automation folder and try to find and delete the bad apple. I’ve got no idea which file is the bad one, so this can be time-consuming.

I hope this was helpful.

1 Like

This is very strange as the crash comes so early in the startup phase.
I’d also first try a verify game cache, then if that doesn’t help, rename your Automation folder in Documents\My Games. That will make the game create a new clean Automation folder on startup the next time.

1 Like

Renaming the folder has worked, for now. I’m not sure if it’ll keep working, but I’ll keep my hopes up!

1 Like