Sisten Motor Company | 2023 Sisten Kayena

For mobile devices, use landscape mode.
smc

SISTEN MOTOR COMPANY

The Power to Amaze.

Sisten - An international division selling cars in most markets worldwide. From the European-developed Ariel subcompact to the American Torrecca sports car and S3500 heavy-duty commercial trucks, Sisten has grown to become one of the most popular automakers and brands in the world.
Corsica - Specializing in performance- and youth-oriented models. Founded in 1980 to bring in a new generation of customers, Corsica has remained as the alternative brand to the mainstream since.
Taluvec - Standing tall as a division of pure luxury. Tracing its roots back more than a hundred years, Taluvec has since become synonymous with American opulence and prestige. RIP Silver-York.

Bill J. Tennant initially entered the automobile industry in 1903 by investing into the Huyler Motor and Engineering Company. Huyler was founded by Thomas Huyler, a businessman from Detroit whom Tennant was an acquaintance with. Facing financial worries and after producing just two prototypes, the company declared bankruptcy. Through the investment however, Tennant had developed an interest in developing cars on his own. He hired Humphrey Saget as the lead engineer of his first prototype, with Tennant himself designing the car. Huyler was brought on as an investor, advisor and occasional engineer. On February 2, 1905, the Sisten Motor Company was incorporated. While owning 51% of the company, Tennant had managed to find an additional 5 investors, bringing the total sum up to 6 investors owning 1000 shares.

The Sisten One went into production in 1905 in limited numbers. Cars were being produced in an old factory near East Detroit that Huyler had acquired from the previous owner. After a light restoration to the building, the company started producing the Sisten Two in 1907. Both models were entry-level cars, something which Huyler was not a fan of. He gained permission from Tennant to start development of a powerful full-size luxury car in 1908 and assembled a team of just three people. The project went over budget - due to high research costs involving buying cars from competitors and reverse-engineering them - and over the allocated time period given to them for developing the model. Huyler was forced to put the project, nicknamed “Freebird” on hold until Sisten gained more money to fund new car developments.

The 1910 Sisten Five became popular as an entry-level cheap car across Michigan which allowed Sisten to expand beyond the single state. Dealerships soon opened in Ohio, New York and Wisconsin. Sisten Fives variants, the Six and Seven, featured larger engines and more features. Such as a windshield. Sisten started mass production in 1914 with the latter two models in new factories that were built in Montana and California. A mass marketing campaign was started throughout 1915 featuring the tagline “Try everything, drive Sisten”.

At a stockholder meeting on September 27, Huyler was forced out of his position as vice-president by the investors. It was argued that Huyler was “…blocking the future of the Sisten Motor Company due to contrasting views…”. He had maintained the idea throughout the years that Sisten would be more profitable as a producer of higher end vehicles. Huyler sold his shares and, with his previous knowledge gained from the “Freebird” project and newly gained wealth, went on to create The American Luxury Vehicle Company. Renamed to simply Taluvec Motor Company six months later, the Taluvec V8 went on sale in 1917 becoming a surprise hit for the new company. The car was well known for its build quality, powerful engine and relatively low price. Having seen the success of Taluvecs first model and fearing the growth of the brand, Bill J. Tennant of Sisten offered a buyout of the company. Offering $5000 for the deal, Huyler declined. The upgraded Taluvec V12 started production a year later - sadly however, during a test run of the new model on open roads, Thomas Huyler was involved in a collision with another car. He arrived at a hospital in critical condition while the vice-president, Franklin John Adams took care of his duties. Adams had always been known as someone who was easily impressed and easy to alter the opinions of, Tennant decided to take advantage of this. Knowing that the value of Taluvec would only rise, he again offered a buyout of Taluvec, this time for $5200. With Huyler in a coma, Adams agreed to the deal. On December 13, 1917, Sisten Motoring Company fully acquired the Taluvec Motor Company which was simply renamed to Taluvec, as a division of SMC.

Through the '20s, Sisten held a steady market share within the United States. In 1932, the Great Depression forced the company to lay off over 3000 employees which to some investors wasn’t enough. Tennant wished to keep as many jobs as possible without causing the company to go bankrupt. Investors sensed a bad outcome from this decision and intimidated Tennant by threatening to sell their shares. Eventually, Tennant gave in and closed the plant in Louisinia, in process laying off another 1000 employees. Taluvec suffered intensely during the '30s, nearly being discontinued in 1933. On January 5th 1942, all production of automobiles from Sisten ceased. During World War II, the factories were converted to producing military vehicles, ammunition and fabricating metal.

During the war, Bill J. Tennant was diagnosed with basal-cell cancer - skin cancer. In fear of causing unrest within the company, he appointed Walter Clay as the new president of the Sisten Motoring Company while maintaining his position in the board of directors. After the war in 1945, Clay immediately resumed production of the former car lineup and despite a shortage of materials at first, business thrived in the passing years and by the '50s, Sisten had established themselves as one of the biggest automakers in the United States. In 1955, the Torrecca sports car was officially introduced. Designed after rocket ships, it was the brainchild of Clay who saw an opportunity to slide in to the sports car market with innovative styling that would stand out among the crowds. The Torrecca became a hit and paved the way for other vehicles in markets which Sisten had never touched before.

The Kadett Motor Company was founded by Choe Dae-sung and the Sisten Motoring Company in 1965 and in 1970, after a visit to mainland Europe by Walter Clay, Sisten of Europe was born. Headquartered in Germany, the subsidiary was created to develop cars for the European market as the American Sisten lineup did not come close to fitting European tastes. The first vehicle fully developed by the European team was the Convey van in 1972. Not long after this however, Bill J. Tennant passed away at age 96.

By the early 70s, imported cars were becoming more and more popular in the US by the day. To combat this, Sisten had launched the Lyra subcompact in 1969 and started offering smaller engines in the GS full-size sedan. The latter tactic did not work and the 1971 GS 4-12 is known as one of the worst vehicles produced by the company - known for its slow performance, poor fuel economy and weak build quality. In 1973, the oil crisis hit the US. Despite the Lyra, Sistens and especially Taluvecs lineups consisted of full-size cars with fuel efficiency figures that paled when compared to imports. Cars like the GS, Tenaya and Gran Callahan quickly fell out of favor with the public. The Lyra was replaced by the Trebla in 1974, essentially an updated Lyra with a new body.

After a 30 year run as the president of the company, William Clay was succeeded by Jack Tennant, the grandson of Bill. J Tennant, and was given the hard task of restructuring the company. Selling their stakes in Kadett by 1978 and following other domestic manufacturers, Sisten started downsizing their lineup and despite the 1979 energy crisis, plans were being drawn up of a new brand within the hierarchy. By this time, Sisten and Taluvec were seen as uncool brands due to a combination of aged styling, lack of innovation and an aged customer base. To combat the association, the new brand would be targeted to younger people with a range of sporty and fuel efficient cars. With the economy in turmoil and Sisten struggling financially, the now named Corsica would have to be a hit to make up for the development and marketing costs which, in it’s first three years, it did. Officially introduced to the marketplace in 1981, Corsica slotted above Sisten but below Taluvec in the hierarchy, despite the base level Corsica Solar sedan being cheaper than the platform sharing Sisten Sunburst.

Through the '80s and '90s, Sisten cut production costs and introduced new cars in new markets, such as the Starcruiser minivan in 1983, Mesa Verde sport-utility vehicle in 1986 and Atacama mid-size pickup in 1994. This marked an uphill turn for the company and in 1994, Jack Tennant was replaced as CEO by his son, Michael Tennant. In 1996, SMC acquired 33% of the Kadett Motor Company - the same company they helped bring to market in 1965. Plans for a merger were talked about in the late '90s, plans which were later abandoned.

Light truck sales started dropping sharply after 2005 when oil prices began to rise and reached a peak during the 2007 financial crisis and automotive industry crisis from 2008 to 2010. Under the management of the recently promoted new CEO John Hart, SMC avoided near-bankruptcy by mortgaging certain assets, cutting ties with some dealerships, receiving a large line of credit, again selling their stakes in Kadett and discontinuing unpopular models such as the Corsica Cascade and Sisten Tenaya EX. The company went on a slow route of recovery, reaching the highs of pre-2007 sales in 2015. In 2019, an announcement was made that Sisten had started a partnership with Hokuto Heavy Industries regarding the co-development and production of electric vehicles. The first models to come from the partnership, the Corsica Summit and Hokuto Satori, were both unveiled the same year.

During the global Coronavirus pandemic in 2020, CEO John Hart resigned and was succeeded by Damian Davies, in process becoming the company’s first CEO of color.

siswh

CURRENT LINEUP

Developed by Sisten of North America

A S T A N A
Mid-Size Car

C A L E R O
Compact SUV

T E N A Y A
Full-Size SUV

S 1 5 0 0
Full-Size Pickup

Y U C A T A N
Subcompact SUV

M E S A V E R D E
Mid-Size SUV

T O R R E C C A
Sports Car

V 1 5 0 0
Full-Size Van

G S
Full-Size Sedan

K A Y E N A
Compact SUV

P A C I F I C
Minivan

S 3 5 0 0
Full-Size Pickup

Developed by Sisten of Europe

A R I E L
Subcompact Car

A S E R A
Subcompact SUV

A S T E M
Mid-Size Car

A V A N S A R
Compact Car

V E R V E
Compact EV Crossover

Developed by Sisten do Brasil & Honghu-Sisten

S U N B U R S T
Compact Sedan

A R I V A
Coupé Utility

A N S E R
Compact MPV

C A R G O V A N
Compact Van

Developed by Sisten Australia

A V A N C E R
Full-Size Sedan

A T A C A M A
Mid-Size Pickup

LEGACY LINEUP

T R E B L A

E X C

R A N C H E R

C S

T O R R E C C A

P A C I F I C

C O U N T R Y C R U I S E R

C O U N T R Y C R U I S E R

S U N B U R S T

G S

A S T E M

corwh

CURRENT LINEUP

T R E V I S O
Compact Convertible

W I L D C A T
Sports Car

S U M M I T
Mid-Size EV Crossover

C H E E T A H
Muscle Car

C I N T O
Subcompact SUV

V I E N N A
Mid-Size Sedan

V O L A N T
Sports Car

Y O S E M I T E
Mid-Size SUV

LEGACY LINEUP

C H E E T A H

C A S C A D E

talwh

CURRENT LINEUP

A C S
Compact Luxury

A V I G A T E
Compact SUV

G C S
Full-Size Luxury

C O U R S E R
Full-Size SUV

D C S
Mid-Size Luxury

A I L E R O N
Mid-Size SUV

LEGACY LINEUP

G R A N C A L L A H A N

Sisten Pressroom
presents

2019 - Annual Report

2020 - Annual Report

New Logo for Corsica

Drivers‧com
presents

Hokuto and Sisten Form Partnership

Report: Sisten Gains New CEO

Report: Corsica May Be Discontinued

SMC Discontinues Six Models

40 Likes

Outdated.

Corsica Tekna

2007-2012

https://i.imgur.com/ztVFKj2.png

Every once in a while, the world receives an unappreciated star. A star that is ignored while it’s still alive. A star that tries to get noticed for all the good things it has. The Corsica Tekna was one of those stars. An ignored star that died, because no one believed that the Americans could build a fun and an affordable wagon. The financial crisis didn’t help much either.

https://i.imgur.com/88mKBq6.png

Powering the Tekna was either a 3.0l V6 in the Standard trim or a 3.7l Dualstar V6 in the Exclusive trim. Both engines came standard with a 5-speed manual, an automatic transmission was made available for the Exclusive trim in 2008.
Did I mention that this thing was RWD?
Compared to most competitors, the 3.0l got pretty good fuel economy, coming in at 27mpg. The base price was around $24900, with the 3.7 starting at $26000.

https://i.imgur.com/YjXqro3.png

2009 brought along a facelifted Tekna. They changed the nose and ESC became standard on all models. This, however, did not help sales. In 2011, Corsica sold just 9000 of these, and unsold stock from 2012 was still being sold by some dealers for the 2014 model year.

Specifications

3.0 V6
Horsepower: 211
Top Speed: 233km/h
0-62mph: 6.7 seconds
Weight: 1578kg
Price: $24900 (adjusted for inflation)

3.7 V6
Horsepower: 273
Top Speed: 250 (electronically limited)
0-62mph: 6.3 seconds
Weight: 1602kg
Price: $26000 (adjusted for inflation)

And so, the Tekna was killed off in 2012, being replaced with the Centra sedan in 2014. A planned CR version never made it into production, despite nearly being finished.
8 Likes

Outdated.

Corsica Solar (Gen. 2)

1996-2005

https://i.imgur.com/3dxo3cI.png

In 1986, Corsica realised that they needed a sporty sedan to rival the incoming imports from Germany. So, without any thought or care, they quickly crapped out the 1st gen Solar sedan. It was slow, ugly and not very fuel efficient. But because this was 1980’s America, the critics didn’t really care and neither did the people, who kept buying them.
By 1992, the Solar was more outdated than ever, and Corsica started developing a new version. The original plan was to make a RWD sedan that could get from 0 to 60 in under 6.5 seconds.
None of those things happened. In 1996, the second generation Corsica Solar launched, being an under-performing FWD sedan. The following year, a wagon version was released.

https://i.imgur.com/0WZe5Be.png

Under the bonnet was a 2.4 V6, the turbo from the outgoing model was not brought back. A 5-speed manual was standard, with an automatic transmission available to choose. Standard equipment included a cassette player, ABS and dual airbags.
In 1999, Corsica released the CR version. It used the 3.5 Turalen V6 engine, which made just 264hp. This version was surprisingly a moderate sales success, but it was dropped by 2003.

https://i.imgur.com/8dVh3rJ.jpg

Specifications

2.4 V6
Horsepower: 147
Top Speed: 202km/h
0-62mph: 8.1 seconds
Transmission: 5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic.
Price: $25000-$26900 (adjusted for inflation)

3.5 V6
Horsepower: 264
Top Speed: 239km/h
0-62mph: 6.4 seconds
Price: $28500 (adjusted for inflation)

The Solar was discontinued in 2005, with the wagon being replaced by the Tekna. Below is a print ad from 1996.

https://i.imgur.com/QnhbHzm.png

11 Likes

Outdated.

Corsica Cheetah (Gen. 5)

2012-2018

https://i.imgur.com/jXkMrpP.png

In 2012, 7 years after the fourth generation Cheetah was launched, Corsica unveiled the fifth generation model. The unveiling however divided the Cheetah enthusiasts. While one side liked the engines and the pricing, the other side disliked the styling, the new 2-seater layout among other things.

https://i.imgur.com/LWI1LKH.png

Powering this Cheetah is either a 3.0l V6 making 285hp or a 5.0l V10 borrowed from DMK, making 456hp. Both versions came standard with a 7-speed Dual Clutch automatic. This was the first Cheetah not offered with a manual. The lack of a V8 was also criticized at launch.

https://i.imgur.com/DuwGDkW.jpg

In 2015, the VFR version was announced. It brought back the classic V8, but a manual was still not offered. Despite looking more agressive and being priced slightly higher, the VFR actually performed slightly worse than the V10. Other changes include a new, bigger spoiler; blacked out trim and bigger magnesium wheels. The VFR is said to be discontinued by the end of 2018.

Specifications

3.0 V6
Horsepower: 285
Top speed: 252 km/h
0-62mph: 5.5 seconds
Transmission: 7-speed Dual Clutch automatic
Price: $25500

5.0 V10
Horsepower: 456
Top speed: 291 km/h
0-62mph: 4.5 seconds
Price: $29600

5.7 V8
Horsepower: 352
Top speed: 250 km/h (electronically limited)
0-62mph: 4.7 seconds
Price: $30000

The sixth generation Cheetah is said to launch in 2019, with a concept version preceding the production model.

8 Likes

Outdated.

Corsica Wildcat

Corsica Wildcat - 2.5 LE.car (36.9 KB)

2000-2010

https://i.imgur.com/vrAW0CI.png

In the 1990’s, small Japanese roadsters were starting to take over America. Due to their low price and high fun factor, people were starting to shy away from the big gas guzzling muscle cars of the domestic manufacturers. So, in 1995, Corsica started work on their own roadster. The end result was the Wildcat, with a name inspired by the bigger Cheetah.

https://i.imgur.com/rxiR7AG.png

At first, the only engine option for the Wildcat was a 2.4l turbocharged Inline-4, generating just 150hp. This engine was criticized for being slow and underpowered. Corsica, being aware of the criticism, replaced the 2.4 with a 2.5l NA V6 for the following model year. Horsepower was increased to 207, with the top speed increasing by 30km/h. Both versions were available only with a 5-speed manual.

https://i.imgur.com/p1k9Bht.png

The Wildcat was produced up until 2010, when it was discontinued without a successor in sight. No special editions or versions were made, but a CR version was considered at one point.

Specifications

2.4 Turbo I4
Horsepower: 150
Top speed: 207 km/h
0-62mph: 7.9 seconds
Transmission: 5-speed manual
Price: $23500 (adjusted for inflation)

2.5 V6
Horsepower: 207
Top speed: 237 km/h
0-62mph: 7 seconds
Price: $23300 (adjusted for inflation)

Rumours have surfaced that a second generation Wildcat will be unveiled in 2019, but these rumours have not been confirmed by Corsica. Below is a print ad from 2000.

9 Likes

Outdated.

Corsica Cheetah (Gen. 4)

2005-2011

By 2005, the nine year old third generation Cheetah was rapidly losing sales, thanks to its round, Japanese inspired 90’s design and much newer designs from competitors. So, in '05, Corsica pulled the sheets off of the all-new fourth generation Cheetah. At launch, it was immediately praised for its muscular and retro look.

As always, two main engine options were available. A 4.0l V8 (once again borrowed from DMK) and a 4.5l V8. Both engines pulled the Cheetah from 0 to 60 in under 5.5 seconds. For the 4.0, the default gearbox was a 6-speed manual, while a Sequential 6-speed was standard on the 4.5 and later became an option for the 4.0.

2009 saw the launch of the CR version. This version used a 5.4l V8 and the same gearbox as the 4.5. The CR had a 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds, thanks to its 460hp. The next year, the CR Ultra was released. Though it used the same engine as the standard CR, it was now equipped with AWD and a 6-speed Dual Clutch automatic. The electronically limited speed was increased from 250km/h to 280km/h as well.

Specifications

4.0 V6
Horsepower: 336
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Price: $35500 (adjusted for inflation)

4.5 V8
Horsepower: 375
0-62mph: 5.1 seconds
Transmission: 6-speed Sequential
Price: $39600

5.4 V8 (CR)
Horsepower: 460
0-62mph: 4.5 seconds
Transmission: 6-speed Sequential
Price: $41000

5.4 V8 (CR Ultra)
Horsepower: 460
Top speed: 280 km/h (electronically limited)
0-62mph: 4.2 seconds
Transmission: 6-speed Dual Clutch
Price: $43900

The acclaimed fourth generation Cheetah was replaced in 2012 with the fifth generation model.

11 Likes

Outdated.

Corsica Yosemite (Gen. 1)

1993-1997

The 1990’s were the starting point of the SUV craze in America, and Sisten managed to step in early to that market with the 1993 Corsica Yosemite.

Two trim lines and two engines were available at launch. The El Capitan trim got a 2.8 DOHC V6, making 208hp and the Mojave trim got a 4.6 DOHC V8, making 276hp. Both engines were mated to a 4-speed automatic and all models had AWD as standard. Despite using the Corsica name, none of the models were exactly quick. The fastest model had a 0-60 time of 9.1 seconds.

In 1994, the Trailbrake trim was brought to the market. Using the same engine as the Mojave, it was specialized more for offroading. Increased ride height and a different differential were really the biggest changes.

Specifications

2.8 V6
Horsepower: 208hp
Top speed: 205 km/h
0-62mph: 10.1 seconds
Transmission: 4-speed auto
Price: $36900 (adjusted for inflation)

4.5 V8
Horsepower: 276hp
Top speed: 228 km/h
0-62mph: 9.1 seconds
Transmission: 4-speed auto
Price: $38400 (adjusted for inflation)

All models were discontinued in 1997, with the next generation Yosemite coming out in 1998. The current Yosemite has been on the market since 2012. Below is a print ad from 1993.

12 Likes

Outdated.

Corsica Cheetah (Gen. 3)

1996-2004

In 1996, Corsica decided to go through with a risky plan. They got rid of the best-selling and tough looking second generation Cheetah and replaced it with the Japanese inspired third generation model. Thankfully, the move went over well, with the Cheetah getting record sales numbers just a few months after the launch.

For the first two years, one engine was offered: a 3.8l V6 making 278hp and achieving the electronically limited top speed in 6.2 seconds. A 5-speed manual was standard. In 1998, the 5.0 V8 came out. It made 407hp and had a 0-60 speed of 5.5 seconds. This time, a 6-speed manual was standard. For the V6, a 4-speed automatic joined the range in 1999.

For 1999, the CR version was launched. Under the bonnet was a 5.7 V8 and a 0-60 time of 5.2 seconds. The CR wasn’t actually a huge improvement over the 5.0 Supersport, with it being reflected in the pricetag. The CR was discontinued in 2003.

Specifications

3.8 V6
Horsepower: 278
0-62mph: 6.2 seconds
Price: $34000 (adjusted for inflation)

5.0 V8
Horsepower: 407
Price: $37800 (adjusted for inflation)

5.7 V8 (CR)
Horsepower: 354
0-62mph: 5.2 seconds
Price: $38300

The V6 was discontinued in 2003 alongside the CR. The V8 made it into 2004, when it was replaced with the fourth generation Cheetah. Below is a print ad from 1996.

12 Likes

Outdated.

Corsica CSX

2016-present

A surprise announcement was made by Corsica in 2016 at the Geneva Motor Show. They unveiled a mid-engined sports car with a 0-60 time of 3.6 seconds and a pricetag of just $35000. That car was the 2016 CSX, a spiritual successor to the earlier Zeta mid-engined sports car.

The rear-wheel drive CSX is currently available with just one engine, a 4.1 liter V10. It’s mated to a 7-speed Dual Clutch gearbox and in total makes 445hp with a top speed of 303 km/h.

A planned AWD version spotted testing in the summer of 2018. Some people have claimed that the AWD model caught testing is actually the upcoming CR version. Corsica has not commented on these rumours.

Specifications

4.1 V10
Horsepower: 445
Top speed: 303 km/h
0-62mph: 3.6 seconds
Transmission: 7-speed Dual Clutch
Price: $35100

Reception to the CSX has been mostly positive, with one of the criticisms being oversteer even at lower speeds.

9 Likes

Outdated, please click here to view the new lore post.

Corsica Cheetah (Gen. 2)

1988-1996

In 1988, Corsica launched the second generation Cheetah, a replacement for the model that started Corsica. Despite some concerns about the styling, the second Cheetah was met with praise over its engines and its muscular stance.

Unlike the first Cheetah, a V6 was never available for the second gen. model. For 1988, the lone engine option was a 3.5 V8. It made 216hp and was combined to a 5-speed manual. In 1989, a bigger 4.0 V8 was launched. Once again combined with a 5-speed, the 4.0 made nearly 300hp and had an electronically limited top speed of 250km/h, the first Cheetah to have such a thing.
This generation of the Cheetah is so far the only model not to have a CR version offered in its lifetime.

1991 saw the launch of the facelifted Cheetah. The 3.5 V8 was removed from the lineup, leaving the 4.0 to be the only engine available for '91. In 1992, however, a 5.0 Supersport model was added to the range. The V8 under the bonnet made 303hp, helping it get from 0-60 in 5.7 seconds. Once again, the only transmission option was a 5-speed manual.

Specifications

3.5 V8
Horsepower: 217
Top speed: 240 km/h
Price: $34800 (adjusted for inflation)

4.0 V8
Horsepower: 297
0-62mph: 6 seconds
Price: $36600 (adjusted for inflation)

5.0 Supersport
Horsepower: 303
0-62mph: 5.7 seconds

Both the 4.0 and the 5.0 were discontinued in 1996, being replaced with the third generation Cheetah.

9 Likes

Outdated.

Corsica Yosemite (Gen. 2)

1998-2005

After being on the market for just 4 years, the original Corsica Yosemite was replaced with the second generation model. In reality however, this was actually just a thorough facelift of the original, sharing the same chassis and even some of the smaller body panels.
The second gen. was not a huge sales success, thanks to its much higher price compared to the first gen.

El Capitan and Mojave were the two trim lines available. Both utilized the Torquepro 4.5 liter V8 engine and a 5-speed automatic gearbox. A modified version of the Torquepro would later be used in the 2006 Corsica Cheetah 4.5 Supersport and the third generation Yosemite.
The V8 made 361hp, capable of getting the Yosemite from 0 to 60 in 7.2 seconds.

While the El Capitan base model came standard with a cassette player and ABS, the Mojave trim added a CD changer and Electronic Stability Control. ESC became standard on the El Capitan in 2004, however.
Unlike the previous generation, the Trailbrake trim was not available.

Specifications

4.5 V8
Horsepower: 361hp
0-62mph: 7.2 seconds
Transmission: 5-speed auto
Price: $47700, $50000 (adjusted for inflation)

Thanks to its high price, this generation ended up being the worst selling Yosemite. It was discontinued in 2005, with the next generation following in 2006.

6 Likes

1981 saw the addition of a new brand to the Sisten Motor Company lineup: Corsica. Joining Sisten and Taluvec, Corsica was aimed at a younger audience of car buyers.
Corsica’s first car, the Cheetah was unveiled in 1981 at the North American International Auto Show. Sisten wanted to distance the Corsica brand from the rest of Sistens lineup for the general audience, so the Corsica event area was located much further away from the Sisten/Taluvec booth.
At the event, the Cheetah was very popular. The amount of pre-orders actually surpassed the amount of cars they were planning to build for the first model year.

A 3.0 V6 and a 4.5 V8 were the only two engines offered across two trims. The SE trim came with a 3.0l and a 5-speed manual. The more popular option however was the Supersport trim, coming with the 4.5l and a 5-speed manual. Other than the engine, the Supersport also had slightly wider fenders.
The very first CR model came out in 1985. It used the same engine as the Supersport and the same gearbox, as the biggest changes were the addition of a rear spoiler and the removal of the rear-seats. The CR did not stick around for long, with just 1103 units being made.

Corsica presented the Safety Concept I at the 1983 New York International Auto Show. Some features include black rubber bumpers, a big rubber pad on the bonnet, two metal bars on the roof for protection during a rollover and a back-up camera on the rear.
The car is thought to be forgotten today, with the only existing photos coming from the auto show and a couple pictures taken in the '90s, when it was briefly discovered in an abandoned warehouse formerly belonging to Sisten.

Specifications

3.0 V6
Horsepower: 209
Top speed: 207 km/h
0-62mph: 7.1 seconds

4.5 V8
Horsepower: 262
Top speed: 237 km/h
Price: $42600 (adjusted for inflation)

4.5 V8 (CR)
Horsepower: 262
Top speed: 229 km/h
0-62mph: 6.8 seconds
Price: $42800 (adjusted for inflation)

In 1988, the second generation Cheetah came along, with the first generation being discontinued a couple of moths earlier.

7 Likes

By 1982, Sisten wanted the new Corsica division to have their own sedan in the range by the next year. However, due to problems developing the chassis for the new sedan, Sisten had to quickly rebadge another model and sell it under the Corsica name, until the problems could be sorted out and the model could go on sale.
The rebadged Corsica Oakwood went on sale in 1983 as Corsica’s second model. The car was not received well, with critics pointing out that the only changes made to the exterior were the additions of Corsica badges.
While the Oakwood was selling poorly, Corsica were rushing the production of the Solar. Eventually, the Solar sedan arrived on to the dealership lots in 1986.

This hideous, unreliable and overall terrible vehicle had three engine options. The VC trim was equipped with a 1.5l Inline-4, the VE trim had a 2.5l V6 and the Turbo trim had a 2.8l turbocharged V6.
The 1.5 was a hugely powerful engine, making 75hp and having the monstrous top speed of 158km/h. All models came standard with a 5-speed manual, a 3-speed automatic was available as an option. Oh, and all models were FWD.

A wagon version was spotted testing around 1987. The current whereabouts of this prototype are unknown, however, it’s believed that it once belonged to a former vice-president of Corsica.

Specifications

1.5 I4
Horsepower: 75
Top speed: 158 km/h
0-62mph: 12.8 seconds
Price: $20400 (adjusted for inflation)

2.5 V6
Horsepower: 152
Top speed: 200 km/h
Price: $24900 (adjusted for inflation)

2.8 V6 Turbo
Horsepower: 208
Top speed: 213 km/h
0-62mph: 6.8 seconds
Price: $25300 (adjusted for inflation)

This amazing piece of automotive engineering continued onward until 1995, when it was killed off. Below is a print ad from 1986.

10 Likes

Outdated.

A Corsica Kei-Car Rumored To Launch At The Tokyo Motor Show

December 1, 2018

The Sisten Rush.

A trademark was filed on November 28th in Japan for a Corsica Apollo, further fueling rumours of a Corsica branded K-car being in the works. The filings were first noticed by the site Corsica Society.

Currently, the Sisten Group, which encompasses Sisten, Taluvec and Corsica, manufacturers just one Kei car, the Sisten Rush (pictured above). The Rush was introduced in 2017 exclusively for the Japanese market and the Corsica version is expected to be the high-end version of the model.

The Corsica version is most likely going to be unveiled at the Tokyo Motor Show in October.

9 Likes

Outdated.

Corsica Yosemite (Gen. 4)

2013-present

In 2013, American soccer moms watched in great excitement as the replacement for the best-selling third generation Yosemite was unveiled at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show.

Since the launch, two engines are available. The 3.0 V6 generates 244 horsepower and 291 Torques, the bigger 3.5 V6 makes 274 horsepower and 337 Nm of Torque. Both engines come with a 7-speed Dual Clutch automatic.

Specifications

3.0 V6
Horsepower: 244 @ 6900 RPM
Torque: 291 Nm @ 3900 RPM
Top speed: 224 km/h
Price: $39500

3.5 V6
Horsepower: 274 @ 6400 RPM
Torque: 337 Nm @ 4500 RPM
Top speed: 233 km/h
0-62mph: 7.5 seconds
Price: $40500 - $42800

6 Likes

Outdated.

The 2019 Corsica Cheetah Has Been Spotted Testing

December 10, 2018

After the current, fifth generation Corsica Cheetah was discontinued last Friday, the sixth generation 2019 model was already spotted testing at the Hirochi Raceway.

These spy shots indicate that the Cheetah will indeed be returning to the classic 2+2 layout, after the fifth generation model, introduced in 2012, made a bold move by only being a two seater.

Further spy shots were later taken at a garage.

The 2019 Cheetah will most likely be revealed at the North American International Auto Show in 2019

10 Likes

Outdated.

Corsica Oakwood

from 1983-1986

By 1982, Sisten were developing an all-new sedan for their all-new brand, which would end up being the Solar. However, after numerous troubles and faults experienced when developing the car, Sisten decided to give Corsica a stop-gap model, until the Solar could go on sale.

The accountants quickly figured out that the best option was to rebadge an older model from the range. The car that was eventually rebadged was the Taluvec Gran Callahan. Within just a few months, the car was converted into the Corsica Oakwood, which went on sale at the beginning of 1983.

As the Gran Callahan had been on sale since 1975, the Oakwood was definetly not the most modern car when it came out. The exterior and interior styling were really starting to show their age and the V8 engine under the hood performed worse than most competitors.

Under the bonnet, the Oakwood used a 4.5 liter V8, previously used in the Taluvec Paradiso limousine. This engine is notable and legendary for how terrible it is when applied to a passenger car.

The 24-valve design makes 288hp and 381Nm of Torque, allowing the Oakwood to reach a top speed of 210 km/h. 100 km/h is reached within 7.7 seconds.

However, none of these numbers matter after you’ve read the gas mileage. The Corsica Oakwood 4.5 V8 Premium gets 11.4 MPG (UK).

Inside the car, there’s seating for six and a premium 8-track player came as standard.

Specifications

4.5 V8 SOHC-24
Horsepower: 288 @ 6000 RPM
Torque: 381 Nm @ 4000 RPM
Top speed: 210 km/h
0-62mph: 7.7 seconds
Transmission: 4-speed Automatic
Price: $50000 (adjusted for inflation)

17 Likes

Fantastic design! Love the wheel spat/cover too!

How did you add the wheel covers? I’m curious…

Pretty unique design, great job! :smiley:

1 Like