CSR 92 - The Daily Commute Demon [FINAL RESULTS UP!]

Kansei Aeridana AWD

Pics

4 Likes

And that’s it!

Submissions are now closed!

I have received 27 entries (Thank God), still waiting on the ads from @Boiled_Steak, @Caine, and @Centurion_23.

I’ll post the reviews as soon as I can, the first of them probably some time tomorrow. Good luck all!

5 Likes

2 Likes

Arkadus Prince Turbo

Kgy

https://i.caine.pro/TIJN.png
https://i.caine.pro/CqJg.png

This is the 2020 reboot of the Prince; a Sporty hatchback that values fun equally with practicality. Tuned for Indonesian Gasoline, this car will do 0-100KPH in 7.26s and a top speed of 230 KPH.

With a six speed manual gearbox, you have full control of the car, while the Electric limited slip differential allows you to dance in and out of traffic.

Fitted with the brand new TurboCharged 947/71 Engine, this car will produce 200 horsepower at 5500 rpm, and 320 Nm of Torque at 3500 rpm; whilst also doing 36.5 MPG(UK); this engine gives you the power to go places, without costing you the world.

The AVSS (Arkadus Variable Suspension Settings) allow you to change from sport to comfort, letting the air suspension know exactly how you want your ride.

The Arkadus Prince Turbo, yours for just $14490.
This is affordable style, this is the future, This is Arkadus

3 Likes

Now here’s the thing with this ad. This was my very first CSR and I am a bit careless, so I want to let you know. I revised the car loads of times, and this ad is completely false, specwise. However, ezdmn said that I should resubmit it, so here it is. It would pretty much lose anyways.

That car actually looks great, I’m pretty sure that your car won’t lose! (My car probably is going to lose tho :joy:)

CSR 92 Preliminary Round: Part 1

Thursday, 15th October 2020
An overcast noon just outside of Jakarta.

Jimmy’s sitting at the coffee table in his office terrace, having just wrapped up his recent drafting job. Man was it terrible. His boss still wants him to do a couple more files before he wraps up the day, but screw him. Jimmy’s choosing cars this lunch break!

He contacted Peter, a good friend from his college days who is equally interested in cars. While he was initially asked by Jimmy for his somewhat more mechanical-savvy nature, Peter wasn’t big on it until the gang basically pushed him into it. They fear Jimmy’s gonna go nuts and buys a sports car or something, so Peter’s there to make sure they won’t need to take an Uber to go anywhere…. not all of them, at least.

The two decided to meet in a small cheap cafe not far from Jimmy’s office. It seemed pretty full, so it looks like they’ll be waiting for a while. Perfect. After ordering their respective lunches, Jimmy fired up his now aging iPad and opened the browser to a website he’s saved.

@HybridTronny - Atera Hakone

J: Alright, here we go. First one, the Atera Hakone. A wagon, man! Looks okay too I suppose. Oh wow, and check out that 313 horsepower i5! Nice!
P: Yeah, but it’s only a 5 seater.
J: Ehhhh…. Oh crap. It’s also a wee bit too big for my driveway too. What do you think?
P: Come on, man. The list is pretty sizable. I’m sure you don’t have to settle for something that isn’t even out yet, either.
J: Wait, what?
P: I heard there were some delays on the factory floor or something.
J: Dang it! Moving on, then.
Note: Car is over PU limit. Also it’s ever so slightly too long.

@Boiled_Steak - Dotara Naga

J: Next one, the Dotara Naga. Hmm, I guess it looks okay.
P: It’s not excellent, but yeah, I suppose there’s nothing wrong with it. It’s a bit small, though.
J: Yeah, a bit more in the lower segment I think. 2.9L NA V6 though! Let’s see the specs on that - Wait, what? It does 24L/100? Forget about breathing fire, this thing spits gas!
P: Those brakes look rather strange, too. I don’t think that’s safe.
J: That’s a skip, then.

@F12OM - Akimara Astrea

J: I’m not so sure about this man. Looks a bit too normal to me.
P: Yeah, I do agree the Astrea here looks a bit regular. 250 horsepower doesn’t seem so bad, though. But the tuning seems a bit odd judging by the specs. And… wait, again with those brakes, this one’s even weirder! With that setup I reckon they’ll fade like crazy, I don’t think you’ll be stopping so soon.
J: Stopping? What stopping?
P: My point exactly. Your driving already increases our chances of dying, I don’t think this’ll help.
J: Fine. Definitely a no, then.

@Mike85 - Soccermom Schport

J: Hang on a sec, what’s this? The Soccermom Schport? That’s hilarious! I gotta see this!

P: Hmmm…. I like how unique it is, sharp angles and all.
J: Okay no, not a fan. It doesn’t look very coherent. What about the engine… Hm, a 3L i4 with 231 horses. That sounds a bit low for the displacement.
P: Yeah, I think so. Interior seems pretty bare too and…. oh dear. It’s those brakes again.
J: Fading problem, you reckon?
P: Yeah. The setup isn’t as bad, but I still wouldn’t recommend it.
J: No problem with that.

@yangx2 - Huangdou Starlight

J: Huangdou Starlight…. Another one of those Chinese imports, I think.
P: Don’t discount them though, it seems they’re becoming more and more competitive by the day.
J: Oukay then.

J: Oh, not bad actually! And holy crud, it’s only 12k!
P: See? And it looks proper and sporty too, just how you like it!
J: Maybe the front looks a bit droopy. Oh well, at least the power seems okay, 226 horsepower from a 2L i4 isn’t so bad after what we’ve seen earlier!
P: I seem to have heard it’s got a lot of turbo lag though.
J: Ehh, you know I rev anyway. I think I’ll try it out, see how it does in a test drive.
P: If you say so then.
saves the link in a note

@Cheeseman - Valta Hanke

J: Next, the Valta Hanke.
P: Hmm. This car almost reminds me of the Nissan Juke, to be honest.
J: I kinda like how muscular it looks. And AWD too, that’s nice! Let’s see the engine… wait, that looks familiar. 225 horsepower, 2L i4. You sure it’s not the same engine?
P: I’m sure it isn’t, I’ve never really heard of any turbo lag issues with this one. The advertised fuel economy number is lower, probably from that AWD.
J: Seems alright, I don’t see anything wrong with giving it a shot.
P: The third row seems to be optional though. You’ll go over budget with it on.
J: Meh. More boot space for me. I’ll try it out.
copies over the link to the note

@CorsicaUnknown - Pajaro Falco Casa

J: Alright, this seems to be going pretty well! Next one now.

J: Oh… Ummm… I think I spoke too soon. That grille man, holy crap!
P: I don’t think it’s terrible, but I suppose it’s not handsome either.
J: Ehh, let’s just see the specs… Ooh, a 2.4 i6… but only 214hp from that? That’s a shame.
P: And, um, might I add those small brakes again. It’s not horrible here but again, I’d advise against it.
J: Just another reason to scratch this one off.

@Traviq_125 - Helios Doubler

J: Let’s hope this Helios Doubler is better. Aaand…

J: Nope. It’s a momma mobile.
P: A great sleeper, I’ll say.
J: Sleeper? It does 100 in 7.4 seconds.
P:…Ehh. It’s got pretty good boot space, how about that?
J: Your momma mobile is showing again.
P: Fine, but at least momma mobile here does 5.7L/100.
J:…Okay that’s not bad. But again. Total momma mobile.
P: Fine. If you don’t want it just move on.

@Mikonp7 - Popas Rushba

J: Next one, here it is. It’s… Russian, by the sound of it? Interesting.

J: Hmm…. Looks a bit messy.
P: I don’t think it’s that bad looking. There’s a certain charm to the square-on-round look. And look, racing stripes!
J: Dude. Seriously.
P: Okay, yeah, on the other hand it’s really rather small. 5 seats without much trunk space, most likely.
J: And slow. Heck, 190hp is pretty low power from a 2.4 liter turbo. And all that at my budget limit. Pass.

@Abg7 - MUD Microvan

J: Ummm… MUD Microvan? Who names their company mud?
P:…be nice, Jimmy.
J: Okay, okay. Wow, this car looks absolutely brilliant! Actually no it doesn’t. It’s totally generic.
P: Oh, I wouldn’t go that far. Somehow reminds me of the 2000’s Focus, actually.
J: At 7.4 seconds to 100 it’s also on the slower side, too. It’s not exactly very cheap either, I could get more perfs for less. So, still not convinced.
P: Suit yourself. Get the next one, then.

@Xepy - Kuma PA

J: Okay, here it is, the Kuma PA.

J: Wait…. this is real small! Oh, that’s a shame, I wanted to like this one!
P: Oh wow yeah, that’s unfortunate. No chance for a third row in there.
J: Third row? I was thinking about my drafting table.
P: Oh, screw you mate! But regardless, I agree that’s too small. I can imagine it doing well racing against the modified Yarises and old Civics.
J: Kinda looks like a kitten to me. Vicious looking, in a cute way. Tiny. But I’m not a cat guy. So no thanks.

@LS-Vehicles - Teuvo SX

J: The Teuvo SX… Okay, now we’re talking! That front looks pretty nice!
P: It reminds me of the new minis somehow.
J: Let’s see the rear… I guess it’s nice? Gah, can’t get behind those tail lights though. It just seems so random.
P: 236 horsepower, twin turbo 2.6 V6… Hang on, I just remembered something. This car is notorious for its turbo lag.
J: The Huangdou had that too, right?
P: No, no, this is even worse. Like, over 4k bad.
J: Okay, maybe not that much. That’s a shame.

@Fromaj - ClevR Ibiza

J: Next one… Holy crap, check it out! ANGERY SUCCC O:
P: Other than that, it’s pretty nice though.
J: Okay, yeah it is. Check out that chrome strip round the whole car! Nice.
P: It’s an i5 too, that’s pretty sweet! But… wait. 236 hp from a 3L. That’s a bit low for the displacement again.
J: Dang. Anything else look bad in it?
P: Let’s see… You’re in luck, everything else looks fine to me.
J: Alright, I’ll see it in person first before I make any further conclusions on it.
notes the ClevR down

@Machalel - Yatta Go

J: Okay, next up is this Yatta Go. Now this is unique.
P: That square look is fairly well done.
J: Let’s see the other views, the rear is… Huh, round lights? That came outta nowhere.
P: Yeah, I don’t see much coherence with the front. That’s unfortunate.
J: Dang it, I think this is another one that’s quite a bit too small.
P: Oof yeah, you’re right about that too. That interior doesn’t look comfortable either. The bros definitely wouldn’t like this one.
J: What? I was talking about fitting my stuff in here!
P: Of course you are. You sod.
J: Meh. I wouldn’t like this either anyway. I guess the interior does look too basic even for me, and the 188 horses don’t seem very appealing, i5 or not. Especially after the stuff we’ve seen.
P: Carry on, then.

@Johnwaldock - JHW Aeterna

J: JHW Aeterna. Looks real proud with itself with that huge grille.
P: Lights are rather googly, too. But at least it’s got a consistent design.
J: Hmm, it’s only got 185 horsepower, how is it quicker than some others with more?
P: I’m pretty sure it’s that dual clutch doing its magic. It’s also decently light.
J: Oh okay, I guess that’s pretty cool…
P: Maybe because it’s only got 5 seats, though.
J: As long as I can fit all my scale models in…
P:…Of which I think you’ll have a harder time doing. I mean, the boot space isn’t bad or anything, but I think we’ve already seen better deals.
J: Yeah, I’m not really feeling this one. Nothing really bad with it, but nothing is great either. Seems like it’s the dead average of them all. I think I’ll pass.

@DoctorNarfy - MEN Polski Suburbvan

J: Okay, next one… Wait, this is a full on, big ol’ white van. It’s humongous!
P: Well at least the whole gang would be happy if you bought that.
J: I wouldn’t be! Like, my driveway is literally smaller than the footprint of that car!
P: It’s gotta a bug in the website’s size filter.
Note: This car is freaking 5.03m long.

@Koolkei - Grehet Passanta

J: Okay, let’s hope the next one isn’t a bug… Phew, thank god.

P: Definitely an interesting looking one. Somewhat like a 90’s future concept.
J: I can get with that. But maybe not in those colors. That grey is dull at best, and those red rim lips just look out of place.
P: You okay with an auto? Seems like that’s the only option. It’s no slushbox, but…
J: Agh, I dunno, man. I’m still thinking something more fun oriented. I’m no grandpa who can’t work a clutch in traffic.
P: Your call, man.
J: Ugh. It’s a decent package really, and that 253 horsepower sounds pretty sweet to have, but I’d rather not have the auto. Maybe if there’s nothing else, I’ll think about it.
P: Alright then.

@Goblin95 + @conan - Garuda Kinanthi

J: The Garuda Kinanthi. Hmm, kinda standard looking I gotta say. Maybe only a bit angrier than normal.
P: Yeah, it is rather utilitarian but it’s still got that sporty touch. The large black grilles, probably.
J: Maybe. Anyway, check out those specs! 250hp from a 2L i5! Now that’s nice! It’s even got pretty good economy despite that!
P: That is quite impressive.
J: And it’s got a third row too, so there’s nothing for you to whine about.
P: If you’re so into it, then just tag it already!
J: Not totally sure with how it looks, but otherwise there’s no doubt about it.
Notes down the Kinanthi so quickly he misspelled it twice

@Jaimz - FM HiWay

J: Okay, next one!

J: Umm… kinda meh for me. It’s more of a cutesy sport in momma car form.
P: At least it’s cheap, though. Only the Huangdou beats it there.
J: 12.3k? Oh yeah, that is pretty good. Let’s check the specs then… A 2L boxer 4, that’s pretty cool! But 215 hp seems a bit low when compared to the other 2L engines.
P: That boxer is twin turbo too, so expect tonnes of lag. Like, Teuvo levels of lag.
J: Okay, that’s a no, then.

@Zschmeez - Albatross Pomona

J: Okay, the Albatross Pomona. Hmm. It looks… kinda simple.
P: But not in a bad way, I don’t think. It seems like the design was at least thought out.
J: Oof, this one’s just barely gonna fit in my driveway. And for what? Boot space isn’t as large as the other stuff we’ve seen.
P: No third row either. It’s certainly no MPV. In fact, check out what else is no MPV about this car…
J: 290 horsepower i5? 6.2 seconds to 100? Pretty much blows everything else out of the water, other than that delayed one earlier! Makes me wanna try it out just for that!
P: You sure it’s worth the practicality hit, though? And those numbers shouldn’t be all that surprising from a 3L, mind you.
J: Might as well see it first. No harm about that, I’m sure.
Gleefully copies the link to his notes

They have reached the bottom of the first page, and right then a waiter came over with their food. Simple fried rice for conservative Peter, steam simmering off the plate, and an extravagant cheeseburger for Jimmy. Minus the lettuce. Because screw lettuce.

J: Whoa, pretty good timing! Since when do we ever get this lucky?
P: With your driving, we’ve always been lucky we haven’t crashed.

A laugh and a shrug later, the two took a break to eat.

17 Likes

Turbo lag and tiny brakes seems to be a theme here. And people missing the point that we were supposed to be building MPV’s.

also bin for auto too, oof

Yeah I think I’m screwed. Looking forward to see what a failure the Asian market Ayuma is!

1 Like

I just got instabinned this is epic :dab:

1 Like

ayy lmao, over PU limit.

Double checked the car and i must be pretty blind then. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wow, picky eater much? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m sure we shouldn’t even get him started on the idea of Brussel Sprouts :joy:

2 Likes

That’s what you get for being half a centimeter short of the max… Looking forward to round 2!

1 Like

CSR 92 Preliminary Round: Part 2

One short lunch break later, Jimmy had finished his burger, dropping a generous amount of sauce on the plate in the process. Peter had his last spoonful of fried rice soon after. The lunch was pretty good, great for the price but certainly outclassed by anything more expensive. What can they do? They’re fresh graduates, after all. After a quick chat, they continued on the list of filtered cars in the site.

@Jvs1rox - Ijekour Cepat

J: Alright, what do you think of this?

P: Hmm… You certainly wouldn’t be having any problems seeing at night.
J: Wha - oh… crap. Yea no, I’m not big on it either. Not really sporty enough, and the back is pretty simple.
P: I’ve heard of this car, actually. That “Jakarta” engine is just about as messed up as it’s namesake.
J: Why? 241 hp 3L i5, sounds alright?
P: On paper, yes. but in practice it’s a really strange engine. My friends say it frequents shops because it’s got terrible parts. The factory tuning isn’t good either, you won’t get much of that 241 horsepower. They opted for this odd slow spooling laggy turbo.
J: Oof. Okay, that’s a no then.

@EddyBT - BT Motors Cervus

J: Let’s see if the next one is better.

J: Oh okay, that is better! Now this is a nice sporty MPV! Lights seem a bit big again, though.
P: I can already see that orange streak causing many shenanigans on the road.
J: And check it out, another 250hp 2L. An i4 this time, but still pretty sweet!
P: And somehow, it still returns the best fuel economy we’ve seen so far. 5.3L!
J: Heck yeah! Totally gonna check this out.
Opens up the notes app, manages to copy the link over after a frustrating lag spike

@Mad_cat - Petrov Ecohatch

J: The Petrov Ecohatch… wait. Where have I heard it before?

J: Oh. I remember now. My dad’s friend bought it brand new… 15 years ago. How is this here?
P: I suppose they still sell it brand new.
J: The guys who made this car truly are mad cats, then. It looks ages behind every other car. And… of course it’s gonna stay behind them all on the road too. 8.3s? I thought I had the filter set to sport! Is it bugging out again?
P: Well, I suppose those numbers could be considered sport in ‘02.
J: Meh. And an auto-only one again, too. Interesting side track, but I think we should move on now.

@On3cherryshake - Hokuto Ayuma

J: Okay, the Hokuto Ayuma. That’s more like it. Still looks rather meh, but at least it’s a bit above average I think. A bit slower though, so I’m not sure about this one.
P: Hang on, the Ayuma… Oh no, I don’t think you’ll like this one. I’ve seen videos of it and it doesn’t sound very good.
J: What about it?
P: No, it literally sounds bad. Here, let me show you.

Takes Jimmy’s iPad and opens Youtube, shows him a video highlighting the Akuma’s loud exhaust note

J: Oh eww, right. Definitely not interested then.
Note: Over max loudness at 36.5

@Saddiseased - Kansei Aridana

J: Kansei Aridana.
P: Not bad looking I’ll say.
J: I guess so, maybe that front looks a bit squished. That back could use a little more something, too.
P: Would you look at that. AWD, dual clutch! Fancy for the budget!
J: Must be real quick then! Wait. No, it only does 7.3 to 100. The heck?
P: Look there. 213 horsepower 2.5L i4, that’s why.
J: That’s bigger than the Ayuma but somehow it still has lower power. And it’s expensive. So, no thanks.
P: Seems like a case of putting too many eggs in one drivetrain.

@Centurion_23 - Kinusoka Hitashi

J: Okay, before you say anything else. The Kansei looked a bit slow. But check this out. 295hp, 2.7L i5. That. Is. Awesome!
P: Yes, but-
J: Doesn’t look too bad, either! I mean it’s not great, but I say it’s alright.
P: Okay, but-
J: And for 13k too!
P: Dude. chill.
J: What?
P: It’s not available here. It’s only equipped with those new-fangled side view cameras. It’s legal in some places, but definitely not here. And knowing the government, it won’t be for a while.
J: God DANG it!
P: Even if it has proper mirrors, I’ve heard of cases where people gun it in the car only to find out they can hardly stop, having overheated the brakes.
J: Another one with braking issues! What is wrong with these cars? To think I was real excited about it.

@Caine - Arkadus Prince

J: Ugh. moving on. The Arkadus Prince.

P: It’s a 5 seat hatch.
J: Whatever. But honestly I’m not big on how it looks either, kinda simplistic.
P: At least the tail lights are cool.
J: Let’s see, 2L i4, 200 horsepower… Ehh. We’ve seen better. Especially for that price. But… air suspension?! That’s real fancy.
P: While we’re looking at the running gear, I’d like to highlight the brakes again…
J: Tiny again?
P: Bingo.
J: Fine. Wasn’t digging it anyway.

J: And… oh, that’s it? Hmph, I expected more.
P: Are you pulling my leg? I’d say 27 was a lot to go through.
J: Yeah, but now that means I have to go back to the office.
P: Well of course you should. You should’ve gone back 2 hours ago.

Peter checked the clock hanging on the cafe wall. It’s now 3:30pm.

J: You really think I’m the kind of guy who would want to?
P: …of course not. You sod.
J: Darn right! Well, thanks for the help sorting I guess. Wanna help with the test drives Saturday?
P: Sure. Heck, maybe I’ll even ask Emil to come along!
J: Hmph. Oh joy.
P: Now go. Don’t wanna lose your job, right?
J: Ehh, I’m not gonna elaborate on that.
P: Fine. But please don’t run yourself off the road on the way.
J: Ooh I’d like that, actually.
P: And don’t forget to pay!
J: Oh crap, right!

That concludes the preliminary rounds. The finalists are:

@yangx2
@Cheeseman
@fromaj
@goblin95 + @conan
@zschmeez
@EddyBT

Congratulations and good luck to all finalists!

13 Likes

Great job on the writing! Those were some creative bins xD

and wait how did I manage the best fuel economy while still having more power than most entries?

1 Like

binned for auto. oof…
(but realistically speaking… what cars in that price point actually still offers manual except for the base trim tho?)

1 Like

I think is more to do with the acceleration part, not the transmission itself.

I’m genuenly surprised I even made it into the finals :open_mouth: good luck to y’all

1 Like

He wants something sporty and fun. So, manual transmission is the best choice