Drag Racing Challenge ROUND 13: 3 Cylinders Light Weight Sport Budget! Deadline 15/11/2016

Thank you guys. Your appreciation is very much appreciated :stuck_out_tongue:

Ifā€™m not mistaking I should provide some new rules for you guys. For now I only have an idea, but I will come up with a complete set of rules just in time for the weekend.

The rules will set us back in time, in 1968 Romania at the beginning of the national auto maker Dacia.

Wiki quote: "The Dacia automobile company was founded in 1966 under the name Uzina de Autoturisme Pitești (UAP). The main Dacia factory was built in 1968, in Colibași (now called Mioveni), near Pitești. Dacia acquired the tooling and basic designs of the Renault 12"

I bet you guys can come up with a better design than the Renault 12.
The manufacturing process will have to be simple, so no forged parts or other materials than steel. 5 seats, max 4 cylinders.
The cost limit will be determined by the competiveness and affordability in Archana with 10% markup in some categories containing Family and Utility as key words - I will be more specific after I build one for myself.

I think the limitations listed above should suffice and I will give you a free hand to create the fastest poor manā€™s car you can.

Also, Iā€™m thinking that a 1/8 track would be suitable.

Feedback?

2 Likes

please send your ruleset to me once you have finalized it

1 Like

Damn.

:confounded:

Looks like the open beta hit my oversight again. I remade the car again after clicking delete by accident and it looks like I forgot to add markup. Why am I so stupid?

2 Likes

you not stupid I thought we had it but overlooked cost lol always next round and now that I have two awesome racemasters the comps will grow

2 Likes

Looks like I have to be more careful from now on, it seemed too easy and this was whyā€¦ next round, bring it on! :smile:

2 Likes

I hope these updates smooth out soon, the bugginess seems to be affecting our fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Itā€™s not the gameā€™s fault at all, just my own oversight caused by pressure (lack of time)
Sorry for all the chaos Iā€™ve created :stuck_out_tongue: @JohnWaldock sorry matey

1 Like

I miss things often, I usually make a few cars real quick as soon as the rules for a competition are posted. Then, over the course of the next few days Iā€™ll sit down for about 15-20 minutes and go over one single car making it as good as I can, Iā€™ll usually go over each car about 3 times before I decide which car to submit. Even with all that time in review Iā€™ve had to submit a few last minute corrections.

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, that sounds like a great idea! I will give it a try as there are a lot of bodies out now and Iā€™m always conflicted on which one to choose/how to setup the engine.

1 Like

wow. the exhaustive approach. that seems like a ton (metric of course) of work.

1 Like

Itā€™s only work if you donā€™t enjoy what youā€™re doing.

I should also make it clear that I only work on one car a day, but in the long deadlines we usually have (2-3 weeks) I can work just a short time a day and go through several cars well before the deadline.

Tonight is an all nighter for me, and Iā€™m already pretty sure what car Iā€™ll be submitting for the HLC. Iā€™ll still review it a couple times before I actually submit it.

1 Like

itā€™s fine,itā€™s not as if your the first to mess up

2 Likes

Hello guys,

I hate to say this, but most likely real life commitments will not allow me to build a car in advance in order to make some decent rules. In the following days I need to move from one apartment to another and this implies more chaos than I anticipated. Most likely I will not be able to even take part in the next round.

I would like to pass the honor of establishing the rules to @HighOctaneLove.

Reasons:
-he has submitted cars to this challenge before I joined in round 6
-I really like heā€™s blue
-heā€™s company is from Republic of Moldova and Iā€™m Romanian IRL, so weā€™re basically like brothers
-he was the only one around here that I know for sure was competing 2 years ago when I had more spare time on my hands and I was a little bit more active (I remember you from ITA 1967 and Stropā€™s Barely Street Legal League man)

So what do you say @HighOctaneLove, are you in?
if not - anybody is free to step forward and take over the task.

In the unlikely scenario that everybody declines, Iā€™ll do it, but not before next Wednesday.

4 Likes

Iā€™m honoured that youā€™d give my this opportunity and Iā€™ll take on the challenge of some interesting rulesā€¦ Iā€™ll build a car over the weekend and post the ruleset mondayā€¦ Is that OK @JohnWaldock and @Darkshine5?

5 Likes

Thereā€™s the champions pick too, @Spool

Champions pick? I havenā€™t won anything yet mate. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, yeah, you just made the rules, sorry :sweat_smile:

It should be @AirJordan, there still need the champions pick

@lysambrias get the champ pick because those tiny front wheels show real drag dedication :wink:

i see no reason why not.

Any news?

1 Like