Drag Racing Challenge ROUND 13: 3 Cylinders Light Weight Sport Budget! Deadline 15/11/2016

@gridghost is right, and we have had this problem before in the rules, but there was never an update to the ground rules to fix it. The round rules state engine reliability of 70, not an average reliability, so undercooling is not prohibited.

Actually undercooling is prohibited.

2 Likes

close, but it is Minimum cooling required as per the rules

EDIT, i will fix those who are undercooled then itā€™ll all be good.

1 Like

Ah, I missed that when I read through this time, my mistake. I was wondering why I didnā€™t take advantage of that with my car if there wasnā€™t a rule for it.

My Engine is on point i think.

Edit: Ahh sorry, didnā€™t read the post before. So everything is okay, and you guys can see some of my engine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would like to announce that this will be the last round of the Drag Racing Challenge

The competition will be replaced some time in the near future with a new challenge combining the Hot Lap and Drag Racing challenges into one whilst also incorporating a new scoring system to allow for a higher difficulty of overall competition and car building skills.

I thank you all for competing and a huge thumbs up to my Race Masters @JohnWaldock & @AirJordan without you two the challenges would not have made it this far, so Thank you.

The new competition will be announced sometime in the next week.
I will be looking for a Racemaster as well as two new positions, the Announcer ( someone that can help myself with telling the story of the events ), and a Photographer ( someone with some basic Photoshop skills to produce the car pictures )
If you are interested please Pm myself and I will contact you at the nearest opportunity.

Thank you all again for taking part.

@Darkshine5

8 Likes

Iā€™m sad with the news, since the DRC was my first challenge (first everything at the forum, actually), but Iā€™m happy that itā€™s going down to come back as something better.

2 Likes

It was also my first challenge. Iā€™ve become disenthralled with it as of late, though, and Iā€™ve taken a liking to the HLC in its place. I look forward to the new challenge and hope it offers the best of both worlds.

1 Like

This was my first challenge, too (and only). This challenge had a great community and it was nice to be a part of it. With the fusion of the challenges we probably will be seeing cars that can stop and turn, too, which is great. Cheers, lads. See you in the next round of HLDRC!

1 Like

Sad, but i could place a car in both last race, never was aktive at this communitiy befor.
I would like to see a race between all engine concepts with max 0,811ccm (so even a v12 can be choosen :slight_smile:) . I would suggest no negativ qualty sliders and advanced safety.

May be interested in the announcer job.

Welp, the last DRC was the first ive participated in. Oh well, cant wait for the combined challenge though :slight_smile:

Hereā€™s thanks to @Darkshine5 and @JohnWaldock and whoever else Iā€™ve missed who has organised or ran elements of DRC.
Iā€™ve only entered for a few rounds but it has quickly become my favourite challenge due to itā€™s stringent rules, tight competition and no fucks given commentary.
All the best to the rest. :beer:

5 Likes

TIME TO GO OUT WITH A BANG, OR THREE!!!

for this last DRC, we jump into some tiny 3 cylinder cars to see if they can go faster than continental drift. lets look at the cars:

Birch Colon D @Detsikeulii

Shrink a Cayenne and name it after your intestines and you have this. i mean, itā€™s not terrible looking, but it looks a tad dated/made for SEA/ISC markets.

Power wise, the lil 999cc motor puts out a rather impressive 141hp and revs to 10800rpm, so itā€™s a screamer. and itā€™s light at just 817.5kg. so this may be one to watch

GAMMA Kevin @Nomade0013

We need to talk about Kevin. OK, we donā€™t, but I will anyway.

coming from the Opel School of car names, the Kevin is a cute, inoffensive looking sports car. not super attractive, but perfectly acceptable in any case.

Power wise, the 1000cc motor produces just 105hp and redlines at 9500rpm. nothing terrible, but not spectacular. but why would you call the engine Monty? yes, this is a Kevin Powered by a Monty. i donā€™t know anymore.

it is pretty heavy, coming in at 1059.1kg, so i donā€™t have a large amount of hope.

OMG Edge @one85db

I really donā€™t know why itā€™s called Edge as itā€™s rounder than an over inflated beach ball. one of lifeā€™s mysteries, i suppose.

aside from that, it just looks bulbous and bland to me. nothing much more to say about it.

Power wise, 122hp and a 9500rpm redline. not the hottest, but the car is super light, at just 734.5kg. so weā€™ll se how this goes.

Tare Zim @4LGE

Now for something very Green.

All i can say is itā€™s a very busy looking car. again, not terrible, but a bit cluttered.

The diddy little 995cc is a box of magic, though. getting up to 138hp and having an 11000rpm redline, and the car has 76.9 overall reliability! itā€™s crazy!

weight is fairly low, coming in at 843.1kg, so this has some good promise

Fritz The Frog @Newtonmeter

Ok, so where to start. aside from the stupid name, it also looks incredibly dopey. all thatā€™s missing is drool coming from itā€™s grille.

The engine is nearly identical to that in the Birch: 141hp, 10500rpm, 999cc. but this one is just a little bit better in some minor catergories.

but, it is very light, coming in at just 722.4kg, so it may have a chance.

BdMW M1 Sport @Dorifto_Dorito

Yeah, 88hp, this is not gonna win, moving onā€¦

Smooth Gloom D @AirJordan

aww wook at you, your a wittle bitty pickup with a teeny engine go sip sip

anyway, it baffles me why you would call a car ahem pickup ā€œgloomā€. thats not a good name.

on the looks front, itā€™s not that gloomy, a little reserved, but perfectly fine.

Power time! 1000cc, 132hp, 10500rpm. pretty good. and itā€™s only 725.8kg, so pretty low weight. weā€™ll se how this does.

Bogliq Kitten Krew @HighOctaneLove

WHO SENT A BRAT WITH AN ENGINE SWAP AND BOGLIQ PAINT!?!?!?

Scarab Meteor S @gridghost

So this is the first truly nice looking car here. aggressive, but not crazy. so thats very nice.

itā€™s also got a good little powerplant. 134hp, 10000rpm, 1000cc. not the most spectacular, but very competitive.

itā€™s a tad on the heavy side at 898.6kg, but who knows? something could happen.

feather @lordvader1

MEAN LOOKING. YEAH.

MEEEEAAAN.

The engine develops an amount of hp, but you wouldnā€™t care as itā€™s so mid pack it would just be fumbling over already trodden ground.

and the name is most ironic as itā€™s far and away the heaviest here at 1093.8kg. yeah, not looking good.

JHW 1000 @JohnWaldock

and now we have my car.

itā€™s not gonna win, but it looks good, and when it comes to unlocking the door to BROWN TOWN, then iā€™ve won. so take that. nerds.

Results to come

5 Likes

My sister who decided the car and engine looks and names haha (Monty is a character from The 100).

Naming after intestines? Really? :laughing:

1 Like

well, either that or :, nether of which is appealing.

I can have dreams,:cry:

3 Likes

I really hope the dopey frog will kick Asses :slight_smile:

I see the me posting my car with stats have had quite an effect on others weight saving :grin: