Easier way to create car bodies?

One thing I’ve noticed while peeking around the forum is that there aren’t that many alternatives for specific demographics; for example, the 40s sport car body is repeated a lot. I mean this one:http://d3hrnetf5izp16.cloudfront.net/original/4X/7/c/f/7cf3958fd409976b9222b13e12dede261ed9e501.jpg
(Credits to pasinenkovarpos, he’s got some really cool cars)
This becomes a little redundant and takes away a bit of the credibility, at least for me. I understand that it’s just something that’d probably take a long time to fix, and will maybe be fixed with the game’s launch, but consider this:
What if we got the option to just grab an empty shell, like a bubble with a roof with windows and stuff on top, and add body shapes/fixtures to it? What I mean is, morph it around, shaping it the way we want it, Spore style, and place the typical holes for headlights of the 50s, for example (I mean this):
84c59eae703f1982084e4e7161ed17ab1ca3ca2a_1_690x423
That way we could get unique bodies and proportions so we can extend our love for car design even more. I know this would also take a lot, but this is just a suggestion. Is it possible?

1 Like

Ehrm… i think you should make this a “Support” thread.

No, I don’t mean it like a problem or a glitch or something. I’m saying like literally be able to morph the car body and add extremities to it, like, you have a bubble and you place another bubble and stretch it. I didn’t mean the morphing feature already in the game.
I’m sorry, I haven’t posted in this forum for a while. I guess I’ll do it though.

I moved it to Suggestions, where it should be. I hope you don’t mind :slight_smile:

As for the topic itself, I think that would be a) great b) impossible. I really liked designing vehicles in Spore (even my main Automation brand comes from this) with all the freedom that its system allowed for. In Automation however bodies are much more than just nice looking shells with some attached parts giving arbitrary points to some ability - they have aerodynamics, which is pretty important and heavily related to the shape of the body. Yeah, morhping could realistically alter it, but that’s a much more minor and acceptable simplification than that which would be needed for Spore-like system. The next thing is that these shells in Automation are filled with various invisible boxes accounting for their weight distribution, engine bay dimensions and passenger and cargo spaces - those would have to be else automatically created for whatever shape the player would combine out of the basic “bubbles” (hard - expensive and time consuming - to implement I guess) or created by the player, which would add a layer of complexity to the game and probably would allow some form of cheating by altering these boxes absolutely unrealistically.

that would be great but unfortunately it is not remotely as simple as that.

have a look at the modders wiki on car bodies
https://automation.gamepedia.com/Car_Body_Mods

Oh well. I can still dream I guess. XD

You know there’s going to be a lot more different car bodies in the future? I think currently there are somewhere around 100-ish different body families in the UE4 version but there might eventually be several hundred plus mods. That should help with variety.

1 Like

And there are still many Kee bodies awaiting conversion.