Enter your 1970 city car in my comparison! (ANYONE CAN JOIN)

I am planning to compare automation made cars in BeamNG drive and I would highly appreciate if any of you could share some of your best builds with me! First episode is going to be 1970 city car.

How do I rate these cars?
I am going to rate these cars in many different categories and I will emphasize some features over other depending on the car type. For example city cars need fuel economy and low price and pony cars need acceleration and good looks. Max points for each category is 3 points, and the points are given like this: the best car gets 3, second best 2 and the third 1 point. If compared cars are very close to each other, I might give points like 3 to the best and 2.5 to the second etc.
Rating categories are for now:
-1/4 mile time
-Fuel economy in l/100km
-Price and service costs
-Comfort value
-Handling (tested in car slalom)
-Brake test 60mph to 0mph
-Passenger and trunk volume
-Looks
-Also some bonus points are given (depending on car type) for safety
-If you have any ideas about other categories I could test these builds on I am open to suggestions
-This rating system is probably going to go through some fixes and changes along the process

Each car category has some limitations, city cars need to run in regular fuel (86 AKI), they need to have at least 1970 standard safety and of course you cannot use any technology that is usable only after 1970 . (1 bonus point given if advanced 1970 safety). Sports compound and semi slicks are not allowed to be used as tires.

How do I send a car in?
-Send the zipfile to this email adress: ajreviewsoff@gmail.com
-Name your car and tell me what is the name you want me to refer to when reviewing your car (if nickname is submitted I will refer to you as “anonymous”
-Desing fixtures well, if many cars are sent, the best looking will be featured!
-I recommend testing the car in beamNG before sending, but its not absolutely necessary

This series is meant to be fun, don’t take my judges too seriously! If you have any questions about this comparison, feel free to ask me anything. I am not gonna give too much tips on how to build it, because I want people to experiment and send me models that differ from other peoples designs.

After getting three usable cars, I will post a video about them in my youtube channel and link the video to this post. The channel can be found on youtube already, name is A.J Reviews.

NOTE!! I see there have popped up other guys doing car reviews, I am not attempting to step on your toes this is just for my own fun, and yours of course!

A.J Reviews

4 Likes

I think this might fit better in the Challenges

Also we have a DM function here. We could just send you stop over that

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! Maybe I copy this post to the challenges section, I am quite new here, is there any way to delete this post from this category? (I dont want my topic to be spammed in many places)

The car must be MY1970, or it spread into a range of several years?

2 Likes

I got already sent one car from 1976, its ok if the car is not exactly 1970 model. The model year is considered when giving points ( 1971 gets points a bit easier ofc than a 1979)

Can we send multiple cars? I’ve got a few '70s cars.

1 Like

Yep, go ahead!!

This is my first post on this forum and I am also a newbie player.

I have sent you an e-mail with my design file and also I’d like to share my car here.

It is an Argon Astrid with UltraTork Ecophase 1, 1998cc engine. Made primarily for in-city use, hence my first aim was low fuel consumption and satisfying torque in low rpms.

Basit tech details are:

0-100 kmh: under 12 seconds
fuel consumption: 12.9 litre per 100 kilometers
weight: just over 1000 kg
power: 87.2 hp @5500 rpm

https://imgur.com/oesKrG8
https://imgur.com/T1KSoD1
https://imgur.com/Dylmhsc

1 Like

HMM, “city car” means different things in different countries, I guess the OP wants to leave this up to people to interpret and get a wider variety of entries?

In UK (but I suspect also Europe) , a city car is a minimalist vehicle with a small cabin that’s OK for taking kids a few miles to school, but will be uncomfortable for 4 adults on a longer journey. It will have compact exterior dimensions as a result and be easy to squeeze into small parking spaces, but in the main its about cost.

The engine will be underpowered for extra urban driving and whilst it can reach highway speeds, it requires short gearing to do so which combined with minimal sound insulation makes it less ideal for longer journeys.

In the main, this type of car is usually the family’s “second car”, which Mom uses to ferry the children around town and to collect groceries. When said offspring reached driving age, teenagers would find it hard to get cover on a vehicle with more than 60hp.

Here is 1981 city car -

Can’t imagine how hairshirt a 1970 city car is going to be !

1 Like

You really need to learn the meaning of a dead thread, because youve just been opening them like presents on christmas.

8 Likes

Perhaps there could be a section where we could place dead threads, or just lock them (a la reddit). I know sometimes I want to search a topic, and the answer may or may not lie in a dead thread. I know there are also new members who may want to discuss something that may have already been discussed; because I know people here get angry when somebody posts a duplicate thread, even if the original wasn’t fully answered.

1 Like