Fixtures Bug Reports & Suggestions

Feature Request

I havent seen much Photo edits in the last time, but would be nice to have a Chroma Key fixture to help Photoshop some things in the car(i know its not the objective of the game but its a “simple” thing, só)

Steam must be down or something because the workshop page isn’t working for me, but there is a mod with colored plain decals (one of them green) you can use for that. I think its called the quotex syndrome pack or something along those lines.

1 Like

Rear fenders on ‘not 240z body’ (at least in version without cutouts for lights) are asymetrical: right fender is wider than left one.

working as expected…

all the trims are affected, tyre diameter can go up to 1000, creating this beast that can fit on a nascar themed scenario :joy:
beta by the way

Also I want to suggest to add a button to increase or decrease tyre width on both axis at the same time, instead of doing one axis and the other one after

Typo in the breaking tab of the trim editor.

BUG REPORT

when building an engine and you go all the way though and you have vvl on. if you go back and change from say a v10 to v12 and turn off vvl. the vvl sliding is still there and you can move it but doesn’t do anything. it does doesn’t turn of and the cam profiler doesn’t go any higher than you have it as well when this happened.

Feature request

when choosing a car type to use it would be nice to have a part which says what the weight distribution would be.
also if you could put in where you can make your own car bodies and have it calculate drag coefficient. this would be a big ask but would be nice.

1 Like

This thread is for fixture bugs and suggestions, not general bugs and suggestions. You can report general bugs in a new thread under the Support subforum , and you can make suggestions in the Suggestions subforum.

I have been having major issues adjusting fixtures on the 1978 3 meter (XLux_CCP) sedan body; the front end morph resets every time I enter the game and in trying to fix it, the fixtures get… epileptic.

When I try to use the arrows to scale them, making it smaller jumps to making it huge, and it will jump between massive sizes with no middle ground. Only if I briefly tap the arrows do I have a hope of the right size. Trying to position anything makes parts hop around the car, way more than usual. And rotating is impossible, I have to use the angle entry manually, the rotation arrow will makes the smallest movement jump 90 degrees.

File too big for discord so here is a bug I found with materials

3 Likes

Nah man, this game is just teaching us, that mistakes take a lot of time to repair lol

FEATURE/IMPROVEMENT REQUEST:

Export more data to BeamNG when exporting car from inside the campaign.
In BeamNG, all we get is the name of the car. All the data regarding year, engine details, maker, etc, is left out.

It would be awesome have this. One of my favourite things with Automation is going making realistic cars(that actually sell and have good ratings without making me go bankrupt) and then driving them in BeamNG.
To compensate, I type myself in the name of the car the year, maker and engine capacity just so I have some info about it. But this means you can’t select based on dates, makers, engine type, etc.

2 Likes

Tbh this is great, but after it I delete all the cars I made in beam

Bug Report

When setting up a factory for a new car, on the info tab of the “Tooling” bar, there is a typo here:

Can you please try to fix it as soon as possible please?

Thank you.

BUG REPORT

When you import a car to BeamNG.drive, the fixtures that have transparent materials, the transparent materials will turn a solid intransparent white, as seen here (about that upside-down radio, it is a bug with the 80s interior mod by Maxbombe, so try to report it, although I reported the issue to him already):

Every transparent material will turn a solid intransparent white in the newest Automation update. My BeamNG.drive version is 20.2.0. Please try to fix this!

1 Like

Hi There,

I Would love there to be a Car Model Based off A Rover 25
And if Possible it would be really nice to see the Tail Light Fixtures and Spoiler Etc.
It would be fantastic to see it in the game

Kind Regards, Joe :slight_smile:

This being the Rear of the car, So you can get a better idea on the Taillight Shape :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m not sure how realistic this is to implement, or if it’s been suggested before, but what about a random fixture generator? A one-click button that slaps random combinations of headlights, taillights, bumpers, door handles, etc. on your car to give you some ideas and save time. Terrible idea?

This 1987 body is basically the same shape :eyes:

5 Likes

yo, feedback:

so first of, you fixed the exported lighting/texture issue which is great.

Very nice update and all, however, the mirrors are red :((

I think the new images for fixtures are great but some of them dont fit into the preview:

I personally think that having the preview images for disks red is kinda weird as you probably wont use red color for them:

Some of the fixture images look way too bright or shiny to me, like door handles and especially signs:

Thats all I want to share regarding the new update

regards, Tom