Forum's favourite car tournament

Your car is clearly overrated.

Fite me :grin:

NSX is 5th, Iā€™ll take that :sunglasses:

Thanks for hosting this excellent competition :smiley:

yes but which one do you think Iā€™m referring to? :wink:

itvshould be painfully obvious

Haha ok well at the risk of starting a flame war:

• Elise: expensive for what it is but mid-engined not-supercar market rarerified rapidly after the MR2 vanished, so I gave it a pass

• R32: sure it had a lot of tricks and was an exemplar of what one could do with a sporty AWD and they were dominant in production competition. I even think it was appropriate that the R32 got the furthest. But when thereā€™s four generations in one poll because the JDM fanboys canā€™t help themselves to the point they overlooked the FD3S, I canā€™t forgive that. Overrated.

• V6 Clio: you surely canā€™t be saying this is the one that should have won. But who doesnā€™t love putting a V6 in a hot hatch. In MR format. On second thoughtā€¦

• Volvo 850R: what a machine. Iā€™m not dissing it.

1 Like

not sure which one youā€™ve concluded it is but itā€™s the Volvo

Oh ok my bad then :sweat_smile: I wouldnā€™t have minded if the Volvo won it. I just wanted to throw shade at the Skyline crowd haha

1 Like

To be honest, if I were buying an R32 and importing it into the US, Iā€™d go for one of the sedans over the GTR or GTS-T coupes. There are likely far fewer Skyline sedans on the roads here, so I think it would gather more attention at Cars and Coffee.

I should have nominated one of those instead of the 812. Had I done so, I couldā€™ve had a better chance of getting both of my nominations in the top 12.

Or you could buy a car not for the purpose of getting attention if you really liked it, but then, what would the point of going to Cars and Coffee be? if not betting on whether a BMW or Mustang will crash :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

May I point out the fact that one of the joint 7th place is a car with variants very revered within the Autoshite circle.

1 Like

1st we won the football worldcup, and now the automation forumā€™s favourite car tournament, what an honor! Letā€™s celebrate it, and eat snails with me.:thinking:

1 Like

Didnā€™t mean it like that. I enjoy just looking at cars. Hell, I take my Prius to Cars and Coffee, and nobody really cares. But still, Iā€™d choose the sedan if I were going for an R32.