Game at Launch, What is in? What is Out? - Updated 08/2014

Already being thought about by the devs :smiley:

Surely Live for Speed would be the game to approach… 3 developer team, using fictional vehicles (bar 3). Just putting it out there :stuck_out_tongue:

Really though I came here to ask about the campaign. Is it planned to be played from a menu or do we get a world much like car tycoon that is played in real time?

Cheers

I’m already thinking of the 60’s coupe you designed with a 4/6 cil boxer in the back or a v12 in front that wil be GREAT :wink:

[quote=“Cimanu”]

I’m also curious about this. Especially considering multiplayer. Turn based? (Like: Detroit) Or Real Time? (Car Tycoon Style.) Or something entirely new?

[quote=“JipJopJones”]

[quote=“Cimanu”]

I’m also curious about this. Especially considering multiplayer. Turn based? (Like: Detroit) Or Real Time? (Car Tycoon Style.) Or something entirely new?[/quote]

automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1412

I want Turbo !! hehe
Hows it coming along ??

Have you watched our latest video?

Does the full version will appear inline 2 and flat 2 engines?
I have a plan to build Fiat 500/126(FSM Niki) or panda 30 and citroen 2cv or visa. :mrgreen:

I am building any engine I can from a Car Folio site I wont link the page because Kubby would skin me alive and then proceed to eat me but I am building what I can :smiley:

Killrob Edit: Nothing wrong with that website, we use it for engine data in testing too. Also: Why is this here?

hi all. Any updates on the release date? Looking forward to this game bought it a while ago, can’t wait. Thanks

I’ve had the game for over two months now and I’m getting bored… I’ve made exactly four of each type of engine, each with and without a turbo. And one engine with so much power the power gauge says negative five horsepower at 8k RPM. What I currently want the most right now is V6s and the ability to choose the amount of turbos. Mainly V6s though. I tried making some engines after real ones but they were all V6s so I had to substitute I6s.

Yep, sadly game development takes time :stuck_out_tongue:

as a preorder customer do we get any dlc at launch or after launch :smiley:

When will we get new updates?
Is this Project of the game going to take Years? I’m afraid i will not have time to play it next year.

Car designer demo will hopefully be around the end of the year, we’ll see. The whole game is still multiple years off at this rate.

[quote=“zeussy”]
What we want to the game to have eventually (as expansions, and future paid content):[/quote]

Don’t do this :frowning:

[quote=“Zeblote”]

[quote=“zeussy”]
What we want to the game to have eventually (as expansions, and future paid content[/quote]

):
Don’t do this :frowning:[/quote]

The fact is unless we become widely successful, we won’t be able to keep developing forever more without bringing in more money. Even at the tiny little company stage we’re at right now it still costs us many thousands of dollars a month to exist. We’re not talking anything super pricey, maybe something like a sub $10 expansion with Diesels, Rotaries and a few other new engine types or something. Which for the months and months of work it’d take us I think is a reasonable thing to do.

As a game developer myself, my suggestion would be to put the whole business aspect of the game on the backburner, temporarily, and instead toss in a drag strip with simplified controls – meaning just a throttle and gear shifter (not unlike what you have going on in engine testing) and let people race their creations.

Because honestly, the business part of the game sounds like a major, major development timesink (that you haven’t even really started? I think?) and my fear is that it could quickly get out of control, and potentially make you go belly up, when the gameplay benefits from such a mode are questionable, at best.

I mean, you’ve got a pretty sweet editor right now, but will there even be a reason to make cars “pretty” if you’re just career competing vs AI? I don’t know, but my feeling is that it will get old much quicker than decent drag racing multiplayer.

And no, don’t tell me you’ll need Forza style physics code with years of development to make a decent drag mode. You know that’s simply not true. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“netnut”]As a game developer myself, my suggestion would be to put the whole business aspect of the game on the backburner, temporarily, and instead toss in a drag strip with simplified controls – meaning just a throttle and gear shifter (not unlike what you have going on in engine testing) and let people race their creations.

Because honestly, the business part of the game sounds like a major, major development timesink (that you haven’t even really started? I think?) and my fear is that it could quickly get out of control, and potentially make you go belly up, when the gameplay benefits from such a mode are questionable, at best.
[/quote]

I think you misunderstand the genre of game we’re making here, the gameplay benefits aren’t questionable, they’re they entire point of the game. The whole reason we’re making this game is to fill the niche of a good car company sim, a niche that many people have wished would be filled since “Car Tycoon” and “Detroit” didn’t do a very good job of it.

We have designs and prototypes around how the business side of the game will work, and of the 3 major elements of the game (Car Design, Engine Design and Business) it seems to be the most straight forward from a development point of view (though quite complex in terms of design, balancing, gameplay etc.)

You say that the career mode sounds like it would get old much faster than drag racing multiplayer, which makes me think that maybe you’re not really a fan of the car company running side of things, which is fine, everyone has different tastes, but our core fanbase is really into that, the reason many of them want to play Automation is to live out their dreams of running their own car company.

I don’t mean to rant, it’s just we’ve got a very clear idea of our plans going forwards, a clear idea of what kind of market and what kind of game we’re going for, and what seems so far to be an entirely sustainable business plan, so best I can see this would just divert us from our core goals and finishing the game that we’ve promised to our customers.

There’s no misundertanding on my part, I don’t think. But maybe I didn’t translate my point very well, so I’ll elaborate.

If I understand your situation right, it is as follows:

1. Money is pretty tight. Understandable.
  2. You have a car building editor that is relatively close to completion.
    and
  3. You’ll still need to develop a “game” to wrap around that nice editor of yours.

Now if all those points are true, then consider this:

1. While I’m sure you have business niche fans, and probably plenty of them, I also do have a feeling that (at the risk of maybe sounding a bit arrogant) your fanbase right now is mostly just into cars in general, and engines, and tuning. I mean after all, you’ve got an engine building demo up right now on the front page, not business stuff.
  2. People that are into cars, engines, and mechanical tuning, are probably also into the competitive aspect of what tuning is all about, or going faster than the other guy. Aka racing their creations.

Now, keeping those two points in mind, let’s look at your situation again. You need money, yes, and you need buzz. For that, you ideally need to finish a wrapper game around your great editor, ASAP. Get it from being a cute little single player tech demo, to being something that people want all their friends to buy.

With me so far? Okay, I know that developing a simple drag strip racing mode with either simplified controls (throttle+gearshifter only with no steering) OR even no controls whatsoever, takes probably what… maybe 1/10th the effort of creating a fully fledged business simulation game? If that? After all you’d basically just be punching your dyno results into a few more variables, and visualizing it in a track view.

So my thought is basically that if you went that route, then you would find yourself better fueled to take on the rest of your game, the business side, which frankly sounds like a massive challenge for such a small team. So no, it’s not because I just want a drag game and not a business simulation. I mean hell, I even loved Capitalism 2, and I don’t think it can get any more business simmy than that.

Anyway, I just wanted to communicate this out to you. It doesn’t mean I’m going to whine and moan about it. I mean, you’ve had my support already either way. :stuck_out_tongue: