Game locks up completely unplayable

Ok guys having an interesting problem. I just recently reinstalled Automation on a new computer I built last October.
i7-7700k
ASUS Hero Maximus IX
MSI 1070 Gaming X
32gb DDR4 Patriot Elite
For some reason after reinstalling the game runs very very slow. I maxed the graphics game didnt like that so I lowered them to medium first then to low on everything. The loading times did improve but selecting the car type and materials for building the chassis were very slow and unresponsive clicks. Then as soon as I get into the engine builder screen I click the type of engine I want and the game freezes completely and will eventually just go to a black screen. I cant alt F4 out cant pull up task manager nothing, forces me to restart every time.
I have made sure all my drivers are up to date and I have uninstalled the game 5 times and installed it 6 times. The current installation is still giving me same problem. No error message just locks up.

So you have MSI Afterburner installed? If so disable it and give see if that fixes it.

Could I get a copy of your log file? Found in %LocalAppData%\Automation\Saved
Just paste that into a folder/explorer address bar.

Ok it wont let me upload the .txt file keeps telling me New users cant upload.

Ohh right, please email it to support@camshaftsoftware.com linking this thread? That would be great :slight_smile: thank you!

Looking at your log file it looks like there are a lot of lua errors.
Could you try to (re-)move your folders
\Documents\My Games\Automation and
%localappdata%\AutomationGame

just paste the %localappdata%\AutomationGame into your explorer path bar and hit enter to find that folder.
After you’ve done that, verify your game files and try to start again.

If it still produces issues, please attach you latest log :slight_smile:

Just to add: that this looks like the game’s access to your documents folder is barred for Automation, which could be an anti-virus / protected folders issue. Have a look at deactivating that and/or adding exceptions.