Game runs at 8 or so FPS

All of a sudden my game runs at single digit FPS no matter what, and the start menu is extremely choppy (Basically a slideshow). Is this a common issue? I’ve verified the files and restarted my PC twice and the issue is still here.

1 Like

Are you running the game on integrated desktop/mobile (Intel, AMD) or discrete/dedicated (Nvidia, AMD) graphics? I do think there’s a possibility your particular GPU isn’t capable enough of running the game on either the old Kee engine or the current Unreal-powered version. There’s also a possibility that the system has some processes or softwares running in the background, thus rendering the game almost unplayable.(I’d check for the latter thorough Windows Taask Manager first to be sure.)
Greetitngs.

Yeeeeah…about that.

okkd

Check your game log (button in the launcher) to see around line 80 or so which graphics device is actually chosen to run the game.
Did you have a windows update recently before this happened? Have you checked your game settings to not be all set to epic? Did you install new drivers for your GPU?

Game said it used my AMD last time it launched.
Yes I did have a Windows update a while ago but no the game settings are not set to Epic.
Pretty sure my GPU never gets any new drivers anymore but I checked for new drivers this Monday I believe.

This has happened before but fixed itself somehow.

Do you have any anti-virus running monitoring of the game? Can you try to add exceptions if that is the case?

Well, I do have the Windows one that you can’t disable but I’ll try whitelisting the game if possible.

Good news! I believe I figured out what was causing the issue. I had my Xbox controller connected to my Bluetooth in the PC but not synched to my PC. It was synched to my Xbox but not disabled in my PC settings, which caused the issue. Now when I disconnected / disabled it the game runs just fine.

So the game was not at fault, but my PC / the fragility of Windows 10 was.

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up! :slight_smile:

2 Likes