Group A Racing Challenge (Homologation and Racing) [Race Car Evaluation]

Changelog 1

• For Production Car:

• Clarificartion: Turbo free in Geometry and Bearing, but only with Waste Gate
    • 2/+2 counts as four seats
    • min normalized desirability (my calculation, not the game’s) 25%
  • For Race Car:

• Max SVC 5000$, min. 4000$
    • Clutched LSD can be changed for a Clutched Race LSD
    • Safety min Advanced either 80’s or 90’s

So are we allowed to do any changes to the fixtures of the race car? If I want to replace a fog light with brake cooling is that illegal?

I can see many holes in this challenge where rules aren’t specified, most notably on what can be changed between the prod vs race cars. I would say:
What isn’t said, isn’t a rule. Perhaps some tidying up there wouldn’t be bad.

The thing that most concerns me though, is how an earth are you meant to get the medium slick tyres to cost under $5000 SVC, with 265s and a little bit of camber I’m already at $7000. I would say that means your test builds were probably on a much much lighter car and using 195s or so.
To go with this, I also had a hard time making the weight limits, having to opt for 4 seats still, and 0 on the weight slider, plus some additional quality into the safety.

Also not being able to change fixtures between prod and race cars is a little weird, are we making base models for the road or a road legal racecar?

3 Likes

The problem with German race regulations is: If its not openly allowed, it is forbidden. And the host took it directly from real life rulesets.

Yes, that goes straight the opposite of the Automation challenge mindset. But Germans are like that.

2 Likes

Its not a german regulation, its a german translation of the FIA with german text alongside the original french version. But the whole Group A idea was to take a road legal car, homologate it and then changing stuff is forbidden unless the rules allow it explicitly.

I have a test build with 230s and the SVC of the Race Car is just 3450$. I will build another one with bigger engine and check for a bigger car.

If there are suggestions for ways to fix the weight problem, pls go ahead this is rules discussion, but I would like to encourage to also give some ideas for the problems that are encountered.
If you critizies something please name it precisely. “some tidying up” could be about everything and nothing considering the quite extensive ruleset.

Maybe the Interior type could be changed from race to luxury, or the radio changed from standart AM to some other entertainment stuff that has more weight. If that fixes stuff I would open the rules for that.

If thats not enough also changing to heavier engine block, heavier panels and chassis material could come to mind. I dont know your car, so I cant judge if its impossible to make it heavy enough or your basic layout is too light for the engine size. But i would first like to try something else before lowering weight limits or start thinking about figuring out working power/weight-ratio.

1 Like

I cant find something about the fog lights in tthe rules, but I can see on pictures of the BMW M3 E30 that the race car had them removed. I would be okay with that, but it would have to be like in this case, a hole in the shape of the former fog lights.

According to the rules of the FIA it was allowed to remove horns of the bumper (whatever that is), change the wipers, cover the lights for protection, remove trims ("Zierleisten/baguettes décoratives extérieures), remove wheel covers.

Alright, thank you for clarifying!

I may be clueless, but I only see an earliest allowed year. What’s the latest? Are we somewhere in the '90s or 2000s, or can we go all the way to modern? Just wondering what the competition could be like

Trim year '85

Got it, thanks!

1985 Primus Astrona 200 GLS

Primus does only build pensoner cars? Huh! That is a lie… well… at least we build FAST pensioner cars by 1985. By the way, the new Astrona´s top model is also incredibly efficient. And, come on, it doesn´t look THAT boring?

7 Likes

1985 Brum Brum Galetta 330 OHC

Rev up your engines and hit the road with the Brum Brum Galetta 330 OHC, the epitome of lackluster style and performance! With its average design and under powered 3.3-liter overhead valve engine, this uncelebrated saloon car is ready to take you on a journey like no other.

Featuring a dull 5-speed manual gearbox, the Brum Brum Galetta 330 OHC gives you a moderate amount of control over the road, whether you’re crashing down the highway or under steering round winding country lanes. Feel the boredom of the open road as you crunch gears and unleash the underwhelming potential of this tedious machine.

So why settle for an ordinary ride when you can own the sub-par? Drive home in the Brum Brum Galetta 330 OHC today and make every journey a forgettable one.

5 Likes

so desirability and affordability in the markets screen change depending on what price you set your car to - when we look at those stats what price should we use? should we use the estimated cost in detail stats, or something else?

2 Likes

Body/fixture no changes? You can’t make liveries in a race car?

Changelog 2

• added Introduction
  • clarification on Market Mechanics
  • changed Market Segment to Fun Premium, Family Sport Premium and Sport. It came to my attention that during testing I had used the sales price automatically set by the game. This price is way lower than estimated cost, giving wrong results. With estimated cost as sales price the market segments needed to change for affordability reasons. New market segments fit better now with targeted segments of the real cars.
  • added allowed changes to fixtures

Thank you for your patience and all the hints to problems with the rules. This is the first time I am hosting something and I came up with the idea and rule set by my own. So all help with polishing the rule set is greatly appreciated.

3 Likes

In other words, all morphing zone settings for both the road car and race car must be identical.

The race car must therefore have Traction Aids set to None, regardless of whether or not the road car had ABS or TC+ABS equipped.

1985 Pocono CS2000

When you says “The American sports car, it’s all about pure muscle”.
We… Pocono won’t take it for granted… anymore…

Welcome to the new cutting edge of the sport car, the Pocono CS2000.