Group A Racing Challenge (Homologation and Racing) [Race Car Evaluation]

I’ll correct what I said somewhat, it’s possible to limit my SVC down to $5000 if I limit the top speed of the car a fair bit. Other issues I’ve encountered is that quality doesn’t affect affordability, neither do many many options for engineering, like switching LSD, suspension types etc. Undertray did make a difference there. edit: seems like it updates sometimes and others you need to do it manually

I don’t know about others, but maybe they’re not thinking about that as much.

In my case, it’s a problem of the race car’s service costs being too high instead of being too low as it once was - but this time it’s the result of excess front camber, overly aggressive brake pads, and incorrect gear ratios for some of the gears. I did, however, manage to dip below the maximum threshold after revising the race car test mule with some gearing and brake pad adjustments.

Should race parts be banned for the production car?

Not just the excessive camber too, but also high revving engine (more rev, more service cost).
My testers, one with N/A while another one is Turbo (within limit) reveals that

• making high revving engine (more than 7.5k) suffers SVC exponentially
  • race turbo version is extremely hard to tone down the SVC, especially compounded with the tires cost due to excessive camber and toe setup.

Looking in the brighter side, if you can make the lightweight NA, the main focus will be the suspension. Only thing to look for is not being “too light” in which you’ll have to compensate a lot for the added weight.

While brute force approach (either go B I G block or go Turbina) better manage the overall performance, yet not sacrifice too much on the fuel consumption, as carrying more weight will require more fuel stints due to high fuel consumption.

Also, a thing to ask.
Is the race version can change the rev limiter? The actual Group A isn’t using the Road variant’s rev limiter for sure. (but for the sake of balance, I think no more than 25-30% of the road version’s rev limiter should be okay)

If you only change the tech pool you have to change any setting to make the est. price and svc update.

Yes, rev limit can be changed.

It probably should be written that you should not ADD a turbo between prod and race car, unless that is actually allowed?

Also, to come up with our personal desirability %, we need everyone to submit the production car for homologation, then you will run the numbers and give us our %, and then we will build and submit the race car, is that correct?

Also there is no deadline or date for either homologation or racing.

So if the road car is naturally aspirated, then the road car must also have an NA engine, while if the road car is turbocharged, then so must the race car?

To add or to remove a turbo is not listed as an allowed change in the aspiration tap, there for forbidden. Like the original rules, on the production cars you can do whatever you want as long as the rule dont say otherwise. For the racecar you are forbidden to do changes if not stated otherwise. On racecar everything is forbidden if not explicitly allowed.

Yes, first you hand in your P Car and I will check them and assign the budget percentage. After that you are free to hand in the racecar. There is no submission date yet, as we are still in rule discussions. If you guys think we could start moving ahead, i can shorten the rule phase.

@here something open to discuss or can we close the rule discussions and start submission phase for the production car?

I think my only remaining question would be if changes to the rev limiter are allowed between production and race car

@IncredibleHondaFit

1 Like

Change Log 3

• added change in Rev Limit
  • added Points System to tthe Race Mechanics

Submissions now open

Please make sure, that your production cars dont use the 100 RON fuel that is used on the race car. In 1985 there is 0% availability making it impossible to get a desirability value. Consider using 95 RON or 91 RON.

1 Like

The transformation of the Brum Brum Galetta 330 OHV into the Platzchen sounds like a remarkable turnaround for the Brum Brum Motor Co. The decision to revamp the engine, with a combination of a Fucking Block of Radioactive Plutonium™ @TOM from Goober, and a turbocharged 4-cylinder unit demonstrates a serious commitment to performance and innovation. This move not only elevated the car into the premium sports market but also made it more appealing to families with its four full-size seats.

Aligning the model with racing aspirations, by homologating features for future race cars through B Sport’s involvement, is a savvy move. It not only enhances the car’s image but also builds a bridge between the road car and the high-performance racing variants, creating a narrative of pedigree and performance.

Renaming the car as Platzchen for the Hetvesian market seems like a strategic decision, perhaps to distance it from the underwhelming reputation of its predecessor, the 330 OHV, and to introduce it with a fresh identity that resonates better with the target audience.

Overall, it appears that the Brum Brum Motor Co. learned from past missteps and executed a comprehensive strategy to rejuvenate the model, positioning it for success in both the consumer market and the racing arena.

Backstory:

The backstory goes like this: I consulted my daughter for ideas on naming my car company, and she enthusiastically suggested “Brum Brum.” When I inquired about model names, she simply said “Cookie.” Thus, every model in our lineup bears the name “Cookie” or a translation of it sourced from Google in various languages.

3 Likes

My test mule is indeed running 91 RON - it’s the only fuel that’s widely available across all three main markets (Gasmea, Hetvesia, and Fruinia).

Are we allowed to change wheel material? I know it doesn’t say it’s allowed, but since we are able to change the tire width from the production car to the race car it would make sense that we could do the same with the wheel material? (and maybe the actual wheel design in the fixture editor as well)

Yes

Is the cost price we have to manually enter the “total material cost” on the final tab? If not where is this cost located. Thanks

Any concerns on whether the car is RHD or LHD and where it’s registered?