Holy Toledo Pt 2: Passing the Baton [REVIEWS POSTED]

Caught up on submissions. Less than 48 hours to go. No one is going to challenge the Erin in Upscale?

I must say I feel SERIOUSLY uncomfortable working with engines “as is, take it or leave it”. :frowning:
Am I alone in this?

That’s the whole point of the challenge. It’s definitely tougher, designing the car to work with one of a handful of engines.

Do we have to send in a revision?

TIL, you can put lights INSIDE the bed on the pickup body

You’re on, Koolkei! :smiling_imp:

Careful koolkei, I see a lot of mods on that upscale sedan (including the body). The competition is vanilla-only.

oh fricker, i somehow think this was the LaVache car.

as for how it didn’t ring a bell when i built it? fudge me

You may, you do not have to.

Alright… here are the bulk of the results. Reviews for the winners will be out in the next day or two.

[size=120]Entry Level[/size]
6th - City.com - 4TV14-SMR - Design Score 88.0 - “Entry level. If you’re a doctor or a lawyer buying a car for their kid.”
5th - Bogliq Mouse GLi 4TV14-SMR - Design Score 94.8 - “Don’t sneeze, you’ll end up on the other side of the highway.”
4th - Bell TLD 1.7E - 4TV17-SMR - Design Score 115.15 - “Decent compromise all around. Except for compromising quality, of course.”
3rd - Solo Toledo Beaver BM - 4TV14-SMR - Design Score 121.775 - “Possibly the cushiest in the class. Just don’t expect to take your luggage with you.”
2nd - Erin Merna S 1.4 Concept - 4TV14-SMR - Design Score 121.925 - “A little more reliability and a little more economy would probably put this at the top.”

[size=120]Upscale[/size]
2nd - Rado Communt Luxury - 4TV14-SMR - Design Score 10.125 (No, that’s not a typo) - “Lego Batman wants to know what the heck this is.”

[size=120]Ute[/size]
3rd - Bell Snowdon - 6T29-SMF - Design Score 113.125 - “Add the optional Jerry can mount. You’ll need the extra fuel.”
2nd - Solo Toledo Yeti 4x4 - 4TV19-SMF - Design Score 114.65 - “Having such great fuel economy is needed with such a small bed.”

[size=120]Sporty[/size]
4th - Bogliq Fox - 4TV19-SMR - Design Score 80.6 - “Best in class fuel economy + worst in class safety = BIG FIREBALL!”
3rd - Coolback Sport - 6T33-SMF - Design Score 84.9 - “Drown yourself in the luxurious interior. It’s the only way to cope with the fact that the Bogliq is WAY faster.”
2nd - Rado NX V6-S - 6T33-SMF - Design Score 96.9 - “A little more safety might make it top of the class.”

Interesting to note: Every flavor of the Toledo Trivalve was used at least once, with the 1.4L variety being the most popular choice overall. None of the carbureted V6’s were used. (For those who didn’t download the files, the FI system on the V6’s had negative quality to reflect a hasty adaptation of the 4 cylinder motor’s system to the 6 cylinder system. Guess it wasn’t a big enough penalty to deter use.)

well, forgetting to erase a modded fixture certainly didn’t help me win this.

i’ve dissapointed you @deusexmackia

on the other hand, that was unexpected

Ah, Koolkei, I don’t think I can really call this a ‘first place’ :laughing:

I’m not good enough at making economic cars. I have to improve my cheap cars! :smiley: :smiley:
At least my entry for sporty cars is 3rd!

If your buying the snowdon you might want to consider the extra fuel tank and maybe even the hiking boots and flare gun for when you run out :smiley:

Sorry I’m going to have to delay reviews. I was planning to do them tonight until two of my co workers called out sick and I ended up pulling a 14 hour shift… sigh

No worries, they can wait.

soooooo
DED?

Brain dead?

Yes I am.

Sorry, I’ve been very busy at home and when I’ve had time, I’ve been completely burned out. I will still try to get these done.

No worries. Great to hear! :smiley:

[size=150]Entry Level Winner: Noto Minuto[/size]
[size=120]Design Score: 134.6[/size]

[attachment=0]Minuto.jpg[/attachment]

Our competition for the top of the entry-level category was pretty fierce, but Noto’s Minuto hatchback was able to win the day.

The Noto Minuto is unapologetically no-frills. But its beauty is in combining a simple package with a slick new 1.4 liter Toledo Trivalve motor, equipped with MultiJect technology. Paired with a 4-speed manual throwing all 62 horses to the rear, the Minuto gives reasonable, though definitely not blistering, performance. Its 13.2 second 0-100km time and .88g lateral skidpad are respectable. Steering was unassisted and a little on the stiff side, and we were rather disappointed that the Minuto didn’t come with a radio. Not even a single-speaker AM unit.

But there are so many places where Noto’s engineering shines through. First off, it is hands down the safest car in the class, and the only one with a standard air bag. Attention to detail and quality also have this little hatchback projected at or near the top of class for reliability. Maintenance costs are nice and low, and money won’t be flying out of the driver’s wallet and into the tank, with a 33.7 MPG combined fuel economy rating.

All in all, the Noto Minuto is the best bang for the buck in this class.