How do you install mods manually?

I usually prefer to install mods manually with games like this and CK2, but I have no idea where or how to install them manually.

You’d have to find the mods here and there in the forum, but not all of them are available here. And many are outdated.
I’m one of the only modders who makes all mods available as standalone downloads, which is to say most mods aren’t available outside the workshop.

I’d recommend to simply download them from the workshop where you can find everything that updates automatically. If you really want to manually manage them, they go into Automation’s “Gamedata” folder in the program files.

Steam makes it so easy

I want to install them manually please. Help me instead of telling me to use steam.

I dont know if its still the case, but before steam path to install mods was like this ->

Automation main folder -> assets -> meshes -> there you have 2 folders, car parts and cars.

Car parts - fixtures, such as exhausts, headlights etc.
Cars - car bodies.

If foler in your mod archive starts with assets, just drag it into main Automation directory.

If you have just mod inside such as 00van, 70pickup or similar, take that folder and place it whenever:

a)If its a car - go to Automation main folder -> assets -> meshes -> cars -> and now depends what car do you have, small, big, front, mid etc. Hardly matter, just put it into place where you see few other folders with names and number like 00hatch, etc.

b) If its a fixture - go to Automation main folder -> assets -> meshes - car parts -> and put content of archive into what you downloaded - grilles to grilles, exhaust to exhaust etc.

THO i have no idea if it still works, as iv converted to steam on day 1 and have easy life with workshop. :stuck_out_tongue: Though it probably still work, because im using badge in car parts directory, because it’s not available on workshop.

If you still need help, dont understand what i wrote, il make new post with screenshots to make it easier. :slight_smile:

Look, you might prefer using the Standalone for what ever reason, but for the sake of your own well-being, just switch to steam to save yourself a whole load of effort. In any case, you’ll be missing out on a lot of small balancing updates as well as bodies and turbocharging. It’s not that expensive. After the UE4 update our assortment of bodies will start anew and your headaches will begin again.

Up to you.

1 Like

@Xalpen It’s different now. It’s exactly as thecarlover said, you just put the mod folder inside Gamedata folder regardless if it is a fixture or a body. But the folder of the mod should be in the right format, that is why it would be a pain to get the mods manually, because most of the mods you will find here are in other format (the one xelpen talks about) and other than some car bodies there are just a few fixtures (if non). Good luck with your mod search mate.

1 Like

Ah, i found why. I just put those non-workshop mods into Automation\GameData\Camso and there depending on what it is cars or car parts. :stuck_out_tongue:

Remember realising old way dont work and i couldnt find PratoMotors badge on workshop, so i had to find way how to get it back, thus realising about new directory to put it into. :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit - Yep, it works, just tested it, so if you want to instal mods manualy -

Automation\GameData\Camso\cars - for car bodies
Automation\GameData\Camso\carparts - for fixtures such as exhausts, lights, wings etc.

The camso folder is for vanilla content, you have to put them inside GameData.
If you place them in camso, everytime you update the game or verify integrity of cache the mod will be erased.

This is how GameData should look with mods installed.

I know, but my way also works. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, you can’t argue with the results :grin:

Hello. I’ve just created this account to ask for some help.

I’m having trouble at installing mods manually on the game. I’ve tried different ways but none of them seem to work.

I’m currently using the latest version of the game as of November 2018.

Please, could you help me? Thanks.

Any reason you don’t use the Steam workshop?

Yeah, I haven’t got the game trough Steam…

Exactly what I presumed. I wonder how that would be :thinking:

Well, actually, I’m fairly sure I know. If you like it well enough to want to mod it and join the forums, you might want to change that.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m considering that, but if there is another way, I would prefer to do it without the steam workshop.

I didnt knew you could get Automation without Steam these days :thinking:
May i ask you where you got it then?

Hmmm. I don’t remember. It was long time ago.

You should be able to convert your old key here : https://www.automationgame.com/legacy-accounts/

3 Likes

Thanks. I’ll give it a try.