Hybrid Beaters League

Easy enough to do. Also makes a lot of sense to give them some weight.

Edit: I’ve given them moderate importance, so those stats are important enough to be considered when designing the car. As stated before, I’m not giving the exact numbers on the weightings away because I’m trying to avoid this turning into a min-max battle.

Maybe I should just stay out of this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You should join, so I am forced to go all out in the pursuit of stat maxing :triumph: :joy:

2 Likes

I’m welcoming any and all to try their best.

i’m going lore again this time :slight_smile:

with again, one of my existing cars, in fact. it’s mostly ready

1 Like

Yep, lore for me as well and the best bit is that this car literally fits every category

1 Like

The times when the economy on my cars have been good are simply because the stars aligned somewhere in the galaxy and my somewhat efficient engine got paired with an aerodynamic body

1 Like

I have zero lore cars that fit this category, because quite simply when your budget is 28 grand on a 40% markup, you’re not going to be in the market for a 700bhp “efficient” eco turbo engine, let alone a 2000bhp one…

…but holy hell I don’t think I’ve ever quite made an engine as efficient as this on a budget:

I mean it’s probably not phale levels good but for me that’s good haha even if this engine’s gonna take eleven years to develop

4 Likes

well i can tell you this… that might be a bit overpowered and the engine a bit too big.

2 Likes

Yeah maybe, if you’re looking to power a micro-car :wink:

You’re right in that if I made the engine smaller it’d mean less weight which would mean better fuel consumption… right now it will yield 55 US MPG for a 1420kg car. Orrrrr I could go full Aurion, use the [smartass]much larger[/smartass] 3.5L i6 with the same type of tuning, and have 400Nm at my disposal if I wanted to squeak in at 50MPG in a 1450kg car :joy:

let’s not forget that the track time may or may not end up counting, depends on how you play your game theory

2 Likes

right. aero. i’m getting a max of 53mpg on a 1.3ton sedan…

1 Like

makes a MASSIVE difference (even more than rightsizing or, er, oversizing the engine): I have here a 1400kg 174bhp sedan that gets 55mpg. Or I have an 1100kg 127bhp hatch that gets… 56mpg.

Still prefer my 1450kg 225bhp bus with nearly 400Nm of torque, I mean, it’s not that bad, it still gets 52mpg and will blow both the other cars away at the lights and anywhere else, really :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: my main problem now: how to sex up a box of a sedan into something that screams sexy eco car in 2018 without doing a Prius…

5 Likes

2 years ago I turned a version of my BSLL entry into a 45mpg tire smoke generator with a 9 liter, 600+ lb-ft v8, I’ll see if I can revive that idea for this challenge if I get the time to tinker.

4 Likes

Fuel consumption is a lot tighter in these builds compared to back then, so it’ll be a challenge.

(So too is the budget).

1 Like

I’ll admit, I’m enjoying seeing this discussion about what the best car idea will be.

i’m doing 0-60 in under 13s. so yay?

1 Like

Woohoooo something that’s not laps time based comes again :smiley: I had something similar prepared if I win CSR again but that just better! Let’s get out of the comfort zone…

EDIT: should we add looks poll?

1 Like

Well, it won’t count toward who wins, so I see no reason why we can’t have a “Best Looking Car” poll.

2 Likes

I thought I’ve achieved quite something when I went into the 4.1l/100km (57mpg) range of efficiency, approaching the magical 3.xl/100km area of fuel economy until

And here I go again with 95RON :sob:

3 Likes

i’ve also got only 70hp. but you have access to that from 4000rpm to 7000rpm.

2 Likes