Hybrid Beaters League

I’m trying out a wagon version, and decided to go with an NA engine. I am debating making the styling as boring as the cars performance is.

2 Likes

And now the spreadsheet has been finalized, so all I have to do is receive cars, input the data, and retrieve results.

1 Like

Help me out here, should I just go for as much powaaaaa as I can make without violating the MPG rule? :joy:

#ShamelessFishing

1 Like

Horsepower isn’t a scored quality, but… Acceleration is somewhat important. Without giving away too much (I had to sanity check my math a bit because the original values were too strong and favored a very specific build idea), I can say that trying to throw tons of power at the problem is unlikely to gain you a win.

Actually, let’s make this a little interactive, shall we?

Which modifier does the community want revealed?

• Drivability
  • Comfort
  • Safety
  • Emissions
  • Reliability
  • MPG
  • Running Cost
  • Cargo Volume
  • Acceleration
  • Cost
  • Practicality
  • Utility
  • Prestige
  • Sportiness
  • Environmental Resistance

0 voters

I’ll let that run a couple days and the one with the highest number of votes will be revealed.

As for your true question, “Should I go for as much power without breaking the MPG rule?”

It won’t help you win if it comes at the cost of other stats, but a wildcard could be amusing.

2 Likes

Yeah I guess I’m weighing up whether I should try to win or wildcard. I’m leaning towards the latter because Aurion Style BMW competitor sounds like fun.

1 Like

I would love to see what kind of sport sedan you can come up with for $26,000 and 50mpg

2 Likes

Right now, given standard interior, something capable of low 6s to 100km/h (on eco tyres lol) and a top speed of 280km/h (because no lips, wings, and full undertray).

Edit: bet I could make that a lot faster though, crack the 5s if I stuck to just 50mpg ho ho ho

5 Likes

meanwhile i’m stuck at 22.15km/l and can’t go up much more without spending too much money

then again, it’s NA and RWD

1 Like

I’m just over here wondering if I have ever built a car in Automation that got over 30 MPG…

IRL my Mustang has the best fuel economy of my family’s fleet (on paper) at an astonishing 26 MPG. In practice that’s usually much, much lower.

4 Likes

Well u have better economy than me in the Ford Falcon realistically i can get 17L/100km on highway and 20ishL/100km in town and thats a 6sp auto supercharged 5L…but i do run 11.9 quarters lol and have the beauty of 98 octane 10% ethanol fuel from almost every petrol station in Australia… but aussie rego is a killer ($1400 per 12 months plus insurance of $750 per year)

1 Like

i mean, my car is pretty efficient, but it’s about as fast as you’d expect.

1 Like

I’ve only driven a car that hits this target mileage once, and that was only one tank that I managed 51mpg (us) usually it was only mid 40’s, that was my old 1.6 e90 Corolla. But that level of performance, safety, and interior isn’t even close close to a modern Prius. At the price cap I can’t hope to do more than imitate it if I try to compromise, so I’m going to stick with my idea of ridiculous engine.

2 Likes

I assume ‘no mass production’ parts are allowed seeing as they aren’t mentioned in the rules…

2 Likes

@Starfish94 you should be great at this challenge dude! SAMINDA > HYBRID

3 Likes

Since increasing top end power doesn’t actually significantly worsen low end fuel economy (provided your gearing is long enough to game the economy test lol), I am now passing 300bhp and debating whether how much more I should cut costs elsewhere and see if I can shoot for 300km/h top speed… in a 4 door saloon.

EDIT: Just a bit too impractical unless you want to sacrifice the radio entirely, and I’m not about to do that… the car needs some road manners after all. But I am pushing 293km/h which isn’t half bad lol.

4 Likes

#to @strop

11 Likes

what? You can have your ungodly NA eco machine… I’m here to make eco exciting :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

i dunno what i’m doing trying to attempt what strop is doing…

but i made it!.. well close enough. 285hp and passed the rule

4 Likes

If you can fit them in the budget, I’ll allow them. Just be sensible with them. These are, after all, street cars. If you put racing intakes on the car, expect me to nail you to the wall for reliability.

Well, shall I call it on the poll as people wanting to see the multiplier I’ve used for MPG?