[OBSOLETE] old Hypera thread - two cars and some shitposting :P

I like this version of the Niddhogg. It’s like the Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo. What you can do is create the equivalent of the regular Saleen, an N/A (which in the case of the S7 was less powerful)

N/A? For Hypera it means “incomplete” :smile: So at least a tiny turbo, and a bit of boost. But as I’ve written, there will be two more variants, slightly less extreme.

1 Like

Thats what I get for being the only guy with a V12 :smile:

But 81 smoothness and max boost at 5000 RPM FTW

1 Like

Would Hypera consider working with DSD on a version of our DSD6?

Of course, just PM for details :slight_smile:

Man, you da real MVP.

I LOVE IT !

The rear lights and exhausts are perfect.
Hope you release something soon.

Hello everyone :smiley:

Do you know what happens when a company that makes crazy sports cars… asks Hypera to help them design their one-off fun/show car?

#Cadence Maxi GT Hypera
…happens. It seems that tuning hyper-hatches becomes our specialty.

Remember that orange, super fast and mysterious thing that we tuned earlier this year? Well, even if you don’t, Rori O’Malley (Cadence Engineering CEO) does. Soon after the unveiling of that nobody-know-what’s-this very hot hatch she sent an email to Hypera’s office with a proposition we just couldn’t refuse - she wanted to make Cadence’s new project lighter, more powerful (with use of turbos, of course) and overall faster. That’s exactly what we at Hypera love to do, and that’s exactly what we’ve done.

There were two main targets to achieve - squeezing over 250hp out of Maxi’s 1.2 V6 and making it lighter than 800kg. The task was not easy because the car was already quite stripped and made fully of carbon - so we couldn’t just mount some lightweight body panels. But we succeeded, even with an AWD system and a DCT inside Maxi GT weighs only 790kg.

Small engine mounted in the middle got a twin turbo system with air to air intercooler which bumped it’s power to 257hp. This, lightweight construction and a few tweaks to suspension and aerodynamics enabled this little piece of crazy fun to reach that level of performance:

• 232km/h top speed
  • 3.1s 0-100 time
  • braking from 100 to 0 in 28.3 metres
  • quarter mile in 11.46s
  • Nurburgring in 8:00.27
  • TG track in 1:16.47

The only car remains property of Cadence Engineering and is used by them during various shows or other events, and thus does not have any sticker price and is not for sale. But Cadence also have whole documentation and project of the car, so we cannot say whether there will be more of them, or that one example will remain also the only one :slight_smile:

Sorry @Fayeding_Spray for such looong wait. I’m a lazy one.
######Rumours: there are more Niddhoggs incoming. Track restoration is going at a good pace. Two important cars from Hypera’s history to be shown.

3 Likes

#soon #MoarRagnarok #HyperaTrack #40thAnniversary

Image courtesy of @ramthecowy

6 Likes

40 years of unaffordability

1 Like

Not so much… Sure, Niddhogg prices start at nearly 400k, but there will be cheaper models, from “just” 100k or so :smile: (at least that’s the plan). And there will be some affordable cars tuned by Hypera… eventually. In fact one just waits for publication - the one that started these 40 years :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can’t even afford a Maesima now , 100k IS TO EXPENSIVE !!!

1 Like

Stay tuned, we’re working hard to make motoring affordable for everyone! :wink:

7 Likes

Sorry mate, but today teh hypercar trinity is all about exploding minds and laptimes on the ring. While the top speed is the mind exploder sure, the lap time is not that impressive and will leave a gap open for attacks on all the forums and in the media, and that’s where most of the credit comes from. You’re here for Veyron/Chiron laurels? Well sadly only a select few engineering savvy guys understand what a Veyron is and how much of an accomplishment it is. A P1 on the other hand - everybody just went “sploosh” over it, without such a high top speed too.

I think it needs some clarification - the car in question is just that special Superspeed variant, very unique (among other Hyperas) in its focus on top speed. Even the Niddhogg R is a lot faster on track, not even mentioning R Lyn and SuperLyn - those two will handle “exploding minds” :wink: In other words, I want to see how much sense really does this Superspeed make.

None. I mean sure it pushes the technology forwards allowing your regular cars like Golf class hatchbacks and so on receive said tech to use it for economy, better tires and so on. But you don’t produce Golfs :smiley:
But that top speed would be pretty cool

Ok, “how much sense in nonsense hypercar world” :stuck_out_tongue: And right now I don’t make any Hypera-related “Golfs”, but some time in future I will :slight_smile: (but of course they won’t be Hyperas).

How much sense would a world speed set, if the world speed record would make sense.

When the specs for the Niddhogg R arrive, I expect my reaction to be one of utter bewilderment…

In Automation terms, the current top speed car for any kind of production figures that’s been around on the forums would be the Mercury. Sure it has compromised reliability and a Spartan interior but it is technically capable of 500km/h. You could definitely make an argument that this is irrelevant as it voids warranty. However I’ve also just announced that a proper 500km/h car with a ring time of 6:30 will hopefully arrive in 2018-2019 (arguably the damn Lua was widened so maybe you can invalidate me on that count :stuck_out_tongue: ). Again, the interior is nothing special. As squidy says, it depends on whether you just wanted to make a Chiron competitor or something else, because there’s a very annoying company whose entire agenda is to crush all the dick waving performance contests simultaneously by having a hypercar that does both top speed and track times.

3 Likes

I hereby declare this thread to become obsolete. It will remain as a museum of two cars, shitposting and my utter incompetence of the old days in tuning cars (not that I’m not incompetent now, but a bit less I hope :stuck_out_tongue:).

New thread will follow this week.

*on Ram’s request any traces of his car’s existence will be annihilated :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes